Chapter 8

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you going?” Chaeyeon asked. She’d appeared in front of Eunbi. Or maybe Chaeyeon is been there while and Eunbi just hadn’t notice in her haste to get to the classroom. Either way, one Eunbi is certain that her heart started beating quickly.

“Ahmm, back to the classroom?” Eunbi answered, because where did it look like she was going? Her arms were full, her book that she just borrowed from the library, and her half-completed assignment.

Chaeyeon just keeps looking at her, instead of answering. With her clear and pale skin, Chaeyeon was different from any person she’d ever known. She displayed confidence, and not just because she knew a lot of things.

“Class?” Chaeyeon chuckled. Chaeyeon has this paper bag on his right arm as she kept standing in front of Eunbi. Chaeyeon looked at her wristwatch and show a playful smile.

“Go with me. Besides” Chaeyeon smiled, flashing her white arch of teeth. “It’s just about lunchtime, and I’ve got some food here”, showing her paper bag.

Lunchtime? Eunbi hadn’t even had enough breakfast yet. But her stomach was growling and the idea of being reamed by their teacher for missing all but the last twenty minutes of morning classes seemed less and less appealing the longer she stood next to Chaeyeon.

She nodded at the paper bag that Chaeyeon was holding. “Did you pack enough for two?”

 

Chaeyeon grabs Eunbi’s hand, as Chaeyeon led Eunbi across the commons, past the library, the classrooms, and going up the stairways. At the rooftop metal gate, they stopped.

“I know this is a weird place for lunch”, Chaeyeon explained, “but it’s the best spot I know to dip out of sight for a little while. I go here when sometimes I just can’t breathe”. Chaeyeon gestured toward the empty space.

Eunbi could definitely relate to that. She felt both quiet and exposed almost all the time at this place. But Chaeyeon seemed to understand how she feels.

Eunbi decided to go with it. “Just promise to save me if any debris collapses over me”. Eunbi joked remembering what happened to her before. She and Hyewon.

“No,” Chaeyeon said with a seriousness that effectively erased Eunbi’s joke. “That won’t happen again”

Both of them settled in one of the bleachers as Chaeyeon, being a gentlewoman she is, swipes some dirt.

“At your service” Chaeyeon playfully said as pulled her handkerchief from her pocket and spread it out in bleacher before Eunbi sit.

“Impressive” Eunbi smiled. “Now I’m starving.”

Chaeyeon unfolded her paper bag and unseal the tupper wears. Eunbi’s eyes grew wide as she watched Chaeyeon arrange the food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter