Chapter 6

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6.

****

Eunbi scooted toward the library with some books on her hands- she’s actually helping Yuri to return some books.

“Oh, I forgot something!” Yuri said, “I'll be right back,” she said brightly. Before she could register the disappointment on her face, she slinked out into the hall. It took a second before she could make out hushed voices just around the corner.

Hyewon. Eunbi recognizes her voice anywhere. But Eunbi was less certain who Hyewon was talking to. A girl.

“I’m sorry” whoever she was said ... with a distinctive southern accent.

“It won’t happen again” Yiren continued, “I swear too…”

“It can’t happen again,” Hyewon said, but her tone practically screamed lovers’ quarrel. “You promised you’d be there, and you weren’t.”

Where? When? Eunbi was in agony. She inched along the hallway, trying not to make a sound.

But the two of them fell silent. Eunbi could picture Hyewon taking Yiren’s hands in hers. Could picture Hyewon leaning into Yiren for a kiss. A sheet of all-consuming envy spread across Eunbi’s chest.

“You have to trust me. I’m the one you’ve got” Eunbi heard what Yiren say, in a sweet voice.

“I’m sorry for waiting for you long. Let’s go!” Yuri brigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter