Chapter 3

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3.

 

 

_________________________________________

“How’s your first day” Mr. Kwon ask Eunbi to initiate a conversation, as they take their dinner. "Did your classmates treat you good?"

 

“They do” Eunbi replies, “I got new friends Yuri, Yena and Minju. They help me a lot”

 

“That’s a relief” Mrs. Kwon answered back “I hope you’ll create fun memories to your senior year” Mr. Kwon

 

“Of course” Eunbi turns her head to her parents and smile a bit, while her parents’ purses their lips and nods as an answer.

 

After dinner Eunbi take her rest at her room. There was a decent-sized window that slid open to let in some less stifling night air and the view of the moonlit was actually sort of interesting for her. She had a closet and a desk to do her school work.

 

She wanted to unpack and take a rest. But she only got as far as ping her bag before she collapsed on the bare bed in defeat. She felt so far away from their previous home.

 

For the first half of the silent drive with her parents from the first day they move up from Jeju to Seoul. The road had gone over the causeway toward the city and more buildings, the neighborhoods had all looked pretty much the same.

 

Even though Eunbi had grown up in Korea, she really wasn’t that familiar with the capital. As a kid, she’d always just assumed that was because there wasn’t any reason to come over here- all the stores, schools, and everyone are the same. In Seoul was just more developed. That was all.

 

She missed Lee Sian or, well, that wasn’t exactly it. What she missed was the way life had felt when she’d first started talking to Sian. When she had someone to think about if she couldn’t sleep at night, Sian is someone’s who will doodle dorkily inside Eunbi’s notebooks when they got bored in the class.

 

And the only date she’d ever gone on with Sian hadn’t even been a real date for Eunbi it’s just a stolen hour when Sian pulled her away from the rest of their school camping. An hour she’d regret for the rest of her-life.

 

It had started out innocently enough, just two people going for a walk down by the lake. As they take a sit under a tree, Sian take her couraged to confess to Eunbi. Then Sian lips touched hers, and the heat coursed through her body, and Sian’s eyes turned white with terror ... and seconds later, life as she’d known it had gone up in a flash. It wasn’t long before Eunbi started to feel the shadows lurking overhead, after that everything has set on fire.

 

Eunbi rolled over and buried her face in the crook of her arm. She’d spent months mourning Sian’s death, and now, lying in this new room. That’s why her dad taken the opportunity of his promotion and leaving all the nightmares happened in Jeju, she felt the selfish and pointlessness.

 

 

******

 

The next day.

 

 

Eunbi had a piece of paper with her schedule printed on it, a half-empty notebook. While waiting for the class, most of her classmates stood clustered near the windows. Only Eunbi was seated at an actual desk, with her pen onto its surface. But the other students seemed to have already found their places among the crowd. Same goes with her friends Minju and Yuri are talking and casually laughing while Yena is sleeping on her table. On her right side Yujin is talking to Yiren who sitting proper at her desk.

 

“Hi I’m Lee Chaeyeon”, Chaeyeon said as she tugging on a strand at the back of her neck. However before Eunbi could answer Yuri jerked her head in Eunbi’s direction swatted Chaeyeon away “What do you want Chaeyeon, are you making friend to Eunbi?”

 

Chayeon eyes sparkled at Eunbi, who stiffened “I want to” she said, as she smiled at Eunbi.

 

“You want to be my friend?” Eunbi mutters. An easy smile spread across Chaeyeon’s face. Chaeyeon raised one eyebrow at Eunbi and said, “Of course I am”

 

Eunbi blushed. She didn’t usually get involved with new people and stared at her with eyes - so dark. Before Eunbi could answer back, Yuri clamped a hand down on Chaeyeon’s shoulder and said “the class will start.”

 

Chaeyeon snorted out and she looked straight at Eunbi as she said, “see you later.”

 

By the time the bell rang, and the little gathering over Eunbi’s desk dissolved. Her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter