Chapter 5

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

“Don’t ever scare us like that again! Minju scowl at Eunbi which earns nods from Yena and Yuri. Eunbi is tucked in a beige confine clinic in the middle of the front office area. Her arms were still sore from what happened earlier and her mind still lingers on Hyewon’s fleeing after she saved her. But for ten minutes, Eunbi was trying hard to push all that out of her mind. At the same time she felt good to hear her friends' high-pitched voice, she didn’t care that she was being yelled at. They’re just concerned to me, she thought.

“Okay, mom,” Eunbi said.

“Don’t mom me” Minju huffed, which earns a laugh from Yena and Yuri while Chaeyeon is just looking at them leaning up against the wall.

****

Eunbi is wearing long sleeves and lucky enough that her parents didn’t notice her bit sore arm. She had enough lectures today from her friends. Eunbi could hear some songs playing in the background on TV while they’re having a quiet dinner.

“What are the other kids like? What about your classes? How’s the food?” her mom asked.

Unfortunately, there was nothing about that Eunbi would even consider describing as wonderful well aside from her new school friends. Thinking about Hyewon for, oh, the eightieth time that day. Whatever she might want to say about Hyewon wouldn’t be based on anything that had actually happened between them.

“Well, there is this person here,” Eunbi whispered.

“I knew it!” Her mom half squealed. “Name”

Hyewon. Hyewon. Eunbi cleared . “Chaeyeon”

“Chaeyeon?” her dad asked.

“Well, nothing’s really happened, we’re just friends”

“If you say so” her mom casually said.

****

At the same time

“You’re a bit late” Yujin casually said as Hyewon entered their shared house. Hyewon tiredly slumps her body at their couch. “Dinner’s re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter