[Press 5] Yuki

Just Dial 143 [2020]

“I’m home!”

A large golden retriever ran and jumped in Dara’s arms like it was a child longing for his mother.  The dog’s name was Prince.

“Do my mom already fed my Prince? Uh-huh? Good boy!”

Dara’s mom welcomed her by asking a question.

“Dara, did you look to the calendar before leaving for work this morning?”

 “Ye—wait, why?” Dara also asked.

“Today is the 21st of June. I thought I’m the one who’s old and regretful here in this house”

“What!? It’s Prince’s birthday!” Dara panicked.

Dara put on again her cardigan and rushed outside their house to buy some cake and treats for Prince.

It was already 11:00 pm when they celebrated Prince’s birthday.

“I’m really sorry Prince that I forgot your birthday. At least we have some treats for you, right?” Dara said while she pats the head of her sleeping dog.

“Dara, let Prince sleep” her mother said.

Dara felt guilty about forgetting Prince’s birthday. Her mother tried to comfort her.

“Dara, don’t feel so guilty about what you did. There still many Prince’s birthday to celebrate. This is only the time you’ve forgot it”

“Mom, I know but Prince is so important to me. Prince is the only way for me to remem—”

“Your first love… You still don’t get it Dara, did you know that? I’ve already told you many times that Prince will not come back anymore be—”

Dara covered her ears. She didn’t want to hear her mother’s words but she can still hear it and it’s torturing her inside.

“Mom stop it, I knew it already. The Prince that I will only know is my dog. Is that what you want to hear? No matter what I do, I can’t still forget him!” Dara cried.

She hugged by her mom trying to calm her down.

“Dara, If you don’t listen to me. You’ll just hurt yourself more”

 

Dara’s POV

Flashback III ( 7 years ago )

I was surprised when I saw the face of the guy. He was like an angel. I thought I was having a dream.

“I really love apples too. Here’s your apple, I hope you’ll wash it before you eat it” he said to me.

He was already walking away but I called him to ask his name.

“Just call me Prince” he said

Then he smiled and continued to walk away.

I don’t know what to do as I looked at him walking away. I suddenly came back to myself when my phone rang. It was my mom and she asked me If I already bought her apples.

As I walked home, I was thinking if I’ll meet again Prince. He is so kind to help a weird girl like me. If he is some other guy, he’ll just ignore me or even laugh at me. I really want to know more about him because I think he is easy to talk to.

 

 

It has been a week ago when I met Prince. I can’t forget him since that day and it was so unbelievable because I often forgot people I met only for the first time.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning when I decided to buy some snacks in a convenient store near us. I really like walking down the street early in the morning just to see the green fields. The ray of the sun was so warm that I was confident on wearing my pink sleeveless hoodie. I also didn’t forget to wear my glasses to avoid hitting on anything in the street.

I was at the door of the convenience store when I saw someone familiar standing on the other side of the street. I cleaned my glasses with the hem of my sleeveless hoodie and walk close to him so I can clearly see him.

I was surprised because it was Prince. I greeted him without hesitation.

“Hello Prince!”

He was startled and turned back to see who’s greeting him.

“Oh it’s you, Apple” Prince greeted

“It’s me? Yeah it’s me! Actually, Apple is not my name  it’s Dar-“

I don’t know what on earth happened but I suddenly burped.

“Darong? What a weird name, well nice to meet you Darong” Prince said

I was so embarrassed that I just agreed with that weird name.

As I felt the earth starts to swallow me up because of embarrassment it was disturbed when a puppy suddenly came between us. It was looking up to Prince waging its tail, so I guess it was Prince’s.

“Wow, Is that your puppy?” I told Prince.

“No, it’s not mine  uhm maybe it was missing… Oh look! There is a box over there so maybe…”

“The puppy was put in a box and abandoned there, right?” I interrupted

“Ah right Darong! Poor puppy” he said

“No Prince, Poor owner of the dog. The owner was an idiot leaving such a cute puppy”

“Maybe I think that person has some reasons” he replied

I held the dog in my arms and it was so cuddly.

“Darong, you take him” Prince suddenly told me.

“Huh? No way! I think it likes you more look”

I tried to give the puppy to Prince so he can also carry it.

“No, Darong I can’t take him because uhm my sister is allergic to dogs” he insisted

“Well if it’s mine then I shall call him Prince” I said

“What? That’s my name! Do I look like a dog?” Prince complained

“It’s because you called me Darong! My real name is Sandara but you can call me Dara” I teased

“Is that so? I’m sorry for calling you Darong. I think It should be nice to meet you Dara? he asked

I smiled when he finally calls me in my real name then agreed to change the puppy’s name.

“Then we’ll call it Prince Yuki” I said.

End of Flashback