[Press 1] A deep calm voice

Just Dial 143 [2020]

“Hello! This is Sunshine Hotel’s Customer Service Office, how may I help you?”

Another busy day for Miss Sandara Park.

Sunshine Hotel is the biggest and the most gorgeous hotel in South Korea.

It was summer and the hotel’s peak season. The Customer Service Office is full of tension because big waves of phone calls for reservations, queries and rants were storming their lines. But before summer, Dara was promoted as the over all in-charge for the Customer’s Service Office of the hotel.

“Sir, sorry but it can’t be… ah… wait… Please let me ex—What the? He hang up? How dare he ok ok Miss Park this is not the time to take things personal… please calm down”

“Stressed again?” Jane, Dara’s best friend and officemate, said

“Why some people can’t understand the best for them? It is impossible to reserve rooms for tomorrow because there will be a shooting of a drama and it will occupy half of the hotel and –”

“Wait! Please calm down ok. Take a break and have some sip of this coffee. I knew you didn’t have the chance to buy some coffee from the hotel’s new café.” Jane said as she calmed the annoyed Dara.

“Thank you so much for always remembering me! And you’re right I must calm down or else I will not receive any opportunity like this again… speaking of receiving anything how’s your meet up with Ian’s parents?” Dara asked her friend as she sip the cup of coffee offered to her.

“It was fine but sad to say our wedding is postponed” Jane answered

Dara almost spilled her coffee. “What the? B-but why?”

“Ian’s mother is sick, and they need to focus on her medications for a while… I just can’t disagree with it because she is soon going to be my mother and I don’t want to feel burdened about our wedding. She is also really good to me and I can’t stand how much she had suffered to her illness.”

Suddenly, Dara was quiet and in deep thought about her friend’s soon to be mother-in-law. Jane was confused because Dara suddenly became quiet, so she interrupted her friend.

“Hey Dara! I’m ok there’s nothing to worry, I will still have my wedding but not for now.”

“No, that’s not what I’m thinking … It’s… nothing aiiiissshhh… don’t mind me” Dara said as she begins again to sip her coffee.

The phone in her station rings again and Dara answered it.

“Hello! This is Sunshine Hotel’s Customer Ser—

A deep calm voice in the other line made her stop.