~1~

Unlikely...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung grimaced at the weight of his bags while he lugged them up the carpeted stairs. It was his fifth trip since he had gotten there and he was already tired. He considered becoming a minimalist as he huffed at top of the stairs outside of his new apartment.

 

He was lucky that he found this place affordable so that he didn’t completely have to leave town. The old building he lived in was being torn down to become an integrated school for both angel and demon children. Though laws were changing about the segregation of the two kinds, it didn’t change the nauseating feeling Taehyung got just thinking about those disgustingly innocent angels. This apartment complex was integrated so both angels and demons lived there, but he hoped at least the neighbor across from him wasn’t an angel.

 

He looked down at the bottom of the stairs at Yoongi’s scarred face. He was a demon of war and wore his scars proudly. Taehyung wished he looked as intimidating as his friend, but he was only a demon of death. Taehyung worked amongst the others of his kind to collect souls that wandered after their departure.

 

“I’m done after this one, you’re not even paying me to carry your crap!” Yoongi griped, wearing an annoyed expression that Taehyung knew wasn’t genuine.

 

“I’m paying you with my presence, my friendship!” he retorted. Yoongi snorted and made his way up the stairs.

 

“Whatever thought process stops you from throwing yourself down these stairs,” he shrugged. Taehyung playfully punched his shoulder and propped the door open for them to both bring bags into the apartment.

 

Taehyung looked around at the disorganized bags, boxes, and furniture that sat sprawled across the floor of the studio-style living space. He knew it was going to be a long night of getting things in order so he could somewhat function.

 

“The last box is downstairs in my car, you carry that up, I’m done,” Yoongi said while placing the bags he carried to the side of the room. Taehyung nodded and walked down to his car with him.

 

“Thanks for helping Hyung, I really appreciate it,” Taehyung thanked the other. Yoongi gave him one of his rare gummy smiles.

 

“Anything for you, but I’m not doing this again! I’m so damn tired now and I don’t even have time to nap,” Yoongi finished groaning while settling into the driver’s seat of the car.

 

Taehyung laughed and closed the trunk of the car before bending to pick up the last box. He flashed a boxy smile at Yoongi as he pulled away from the curb. Stumbling to push the door open to the complex, Taehyung carried the box in.

 

He was about to make it to the top of the stairs when the door of the apartment across from his flew open, knocking the box out of Taehyung’s arms and down the stairs.

 

“!” he cursed as he heard the contents of the box getting wrecked as it flew down the flight of stairs.

 

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter