Chapter IV

His Sunshine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun lays all sprawled on his bed, feeling bored while reading through the lines of his script.

A particular word that was on the eighth page stuck out to him, making him groan. Flipping through the pages, he saw the word again, nearing the end of the script. 

"Yixing told me that there were no kissing scenes in this..." Baekhyun mumbled, setting the script beside him. Thinking about it, he visibly shuddered. Baekhyun had never been a fan of kissing scenes, they were weird and most felt wrong. Kisses were supposed to be something between two people who liked each other, not something you do for fun.

He'd always wanted to act alongside Taeyeon, but he never once, in his life, wanted to kiss her. How weird that would be, to kiss your idol. Although that would be an honor, it was an inferior honor and Baekhyun didn't like it.

The next day, as planned, Yixing drove him to SBC at 6:30 a.m (with Baekhyun whining all the way there because he always hated getting up early) and they arrived at 7:16 a.m, and by that time he had caught up with his sleep. Baekhyun fixed his hair while walking to the entrance, it was tousled when he slept in the car.

"Good morning, everyone." Baekhyun bowed formally, taking an empty spot. There were snacks on the table, and he was tempted to take one but didn't. He looks around, suddenly feeling awkward and out of place.

Pulling out his script from his bag, he pretended to read it. A few minutes after, Taeyeon walked into the room. Baekhyun tried to hide his smile and excitement, feeling like he did on Christmas morning. He admired the girl so much, both for her singing and acting.

The said girl sat a few seats away from him, taking a cupcake from the table and proceeding to bite down into it. She was even more beautiful up close, and Baekhyun felt like the luckiest fan in the world. He looks down at his script, forcing himself to focus on it.

"Good morning, are you Baekhyun?" Taeyeon says, catching him off guard. Baekhyun stares at her, nodding. Taeyeon smiles, scooting over to sit next to him. "I'm Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon. I've seen your dramas before, you're a good actor." She beams, and Baekhyun laughs nervously.

"I know you too, I've always liked you," Baekhyun says, immediately realizing how that must've sounded. "Wait! No, I mean, I've always looked up to you. That's all, I'm not implying that, you know, that I like you like that." Baekhyun rambles, shutting his mouth when Taeyeon laughs.

"You're funny, Baekhyun." Taeyeon giggles, stopping at the sound of the door opening. They both turn, watching as Chanyeol walks in. God, he's as handsome as ever. That's so unfair.

"That's Chanyeol, right? I'm sorry, I don't know many artists from the 3rd generation." Taeyeon whispers, and Baekhyun nods. Baekhyun himself doesn't know too many 3rd generation artists either, to have missed Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol spots them, staring at them for a few seconds before sitting in the spot next to Baekhyun. "Good morning, Taeyeon noona, Baekhyun." He says, a grin on his face. Baekhyun nods, while Taeyeon returns the greeting. Baekhyun glanced at him, wondering why Chanyeol decided to sit next to him.

"It's nice to have some familiar faces around here," Chanyeol beams, as if hearing his thoughts. Of course, Chanyeol sat next to him because he knew Baekhyun, nothing more. It would've been weird if he sat somewhere else by himself.

"You two know each other?" Taeyeon asks, and both of them nod at the same time. "I've seen him here and there before," Baekhyun says, remembering what Chanyeol said when they met a month ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter