Chapter V

His Sunshine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week flew by pretty quick, with Baekhyun running about here and there for talk shows and such. It was a busy week, to say the least.

Walking out of the KBS building, he lets out a sigh of relief as he realized that this was the last thing on his schedule until Thursday, which was the drama poster shooting. Stepping in the van, he immediately lays down in the back seat. His feet ached and he was famished.

"Do you want to go anywhere first? Or do you want to go straight home?" Yixing asks, looking at him from the rearview mirror. He was about to answer when a hungry growl interrupted him. He hears his manager chuckle, revving up the engine.

"Anyway, President Lee wished to see you and by the way, I hope you haven't forgotten the drama poster shooting would be this Thursday. And I heard that this concept is, uh, pretty provocative."

His jaw almost dropped at the mention of the word. "W-What?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Yixing smirked, "What were you expecting? 'Scandal' was set to break all the TV records around South Korea, do you think an innocent cover is going to attract viewers?"

Baekhyun felt like he had never spoken a single word in his life. He couldn't conjure a single sentence to reply, and then a thought appeared in his head. A weird thought. He would be doing this with Taeyeon, right? What if she was supposed to wrap her arms around his shoulders, or if they were supposed to pose with their lips inches apart?

And that would be enough to cause a stir within the entertainment industry.

He could only imagine the scandal.

Burying his head in his hands, Baekhyun muttered "Kill me please..."

A chuckle was heard from his manager. "Oh come on, Baekhyun. You're one of the top actors in the industry, I'm sure your fans wouldn't be that angry over this little thing."

Ruffling his hair, Baekhyun was on the brim of tearing his head apart when Yixing chimes in, "So, is there anything you want to tell me?"

He looks at his manager in confusion, cocking his head to the side. "What do you mean, 'is there anything I want to tell you?'" He echoes.

"You know, anything you want to tell me about your co-stars?" He says firmly, peering at him from the rearview mirror. Baekhyun shakes his head, still not understanding what Yixing was talking about.

"Anything about Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun eyes widen in understatement, followed by abrupt "Oh." Silence engulfs them for a while before Baekhyun says "No, there's nothing I want to tell you about him."

"Minseok told me you know."

"Oh. Well, you know already."

"So nothing is going on? Nothing I should know about?" Yixing says. His voice was constricted. Baekhyun just shakes his head, not knowing how to answer the question. Nothing was going on between them.

"Promise me nothing will happen between the two of you. You do know what the media thinks of... these types of things."

Baekhyun knows that Yixing was trying to say 'about gay people', but he was far to nice to say that. Baekhyun nods, letting out a breath that he didn't even realised he held in.

"Yeah, Xing. Nothing's going to happen between us ever again. Pinky promise."

And that happened in the last two days. Now it was Thursday. The day Baekhyun both dreaded and anticipated for.

The photoshoot was held too early in the morning, and Baekhyun was unfortunately stricken with a light cold that day. Before he could doze off in his seat while waiting for his hairstylist to arrive, he heard a familiar voice greeting the staff.

"Good morning everyone!" Chanyeol's voice was surprisingly bright this morning, and it didn't help the fact that all the women in the room swooned over him like he was a knight in shining armor. "It's so nice to see you again, Chanyeol!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter