Chapter Five

The Switcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He slapped me in my right cheek after I tried to get rid of his grasp, "You want to steal from me, right?! Look here, whatever your name is, this is the last time that I'll see your face in here or else, you'll regret it!" he said holding my shirt tightly, before letting me go.

I went running out of there, going to the building next to the restaurant, changing myself there back to me. and then, I returned there as nothing happened, holding my cheek from the hard slap.

------

I was sweeping the floor after the work hours are done, I took out my apron shoving it in my closet carelessly, and went out seeing Shindong sitting in one of the tables with his laptop. I was about to tell him that I was going home, but he looked at me suddenly with puppy eyes, smiling. what the ...

"Hey there! my favorite employee" he said to me, putting his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it. that was really weird, I never saw him this sweet to me.

I sent him a fake smile, "wassup? you need something?" I asked confused, "yeah, come sit with me," he gestured for me to sit in the chair next to him, and I did. "I need to open an Instagram page, but I didn't know how to do the email thing, so, I was wondering if you could help me with it..." he said, pouting.

Shindong doesn't know anything about technology, he can only do what's obvious for everyone. I smiled at him "yeah, sure".

I adjusted the laptop in my direction, telling him how to if he ever did this again. after what felt like hours of explaining, I was about to get up but he grabbed my wrist, "you're very good at this Jongin, you can continue my work then," he said, giving a stack of papers to me. what...

"Shindong I need really need to go--"

"So all you have to do is post some images of our beautiful and appetizing pizza, tell where our address is, And send a message to all these accounts to tell them that they can contact me in here," he said, showing me the names of the accounts in the papers. he rubbed my hair, smiling when he noticed that I was going to complain, "thank you, and goodnight. see you tomorrow".

It's going to be a long night.

------

I was in the middle of my task when my phone rang, I looked briefly at it, and it was Sehun. I answered;

“what do you want, Sehun? I’m busy now,”

“I want to ask you about the phone…”

“what phone?”

“your phone, idiot… tell me where did you get it from?”

“uhh… I bought it from the seller you told me about, your friend,”

“is that so? But I spoke with him earlier and he told me that you just checked the phones without buying anything,”

“oooh yeah, now I remembered, I bought it from the store next to him. c’mon Sehun, what’s all this interrogation for?”

“I just want to buy something similar to your phone…”

“uhh… you know these things better than me Sehun, I need to go now, bye!”

I hang up, not wanting him to ask me more questions about the phone, before continuing my job.

 

I went home as soon as I finished what I had to do, opening the door, I heard Bora talking in the phone “I miss you too baby… oh, you’re going to send me money?... yeah, I really need it, I want to buy a one-way ticket so I can come to you, and get rid of this cheap-poor family” she said, with a fake laugh. Cringe.

I walked further to the living room, seeing my mom nudging my dad to make him listen to what Bora have been saying, “say something Siwon! Are you hearing what she’s saying about us?!”.

“I don’t care! Just let me watch the match quietly Soongyu!” my dad said to her, raising the volume of the Tv up. “ugh! Do whatever you want, I’m sick of this!” she said, getting up to go to her room.

“Dad! Why are you always so mean to my mom?!” Jisoo whined, going to my mom to comfort her. Just then my dad saw me walking sneakily to the rooftop, “Jongin--“.

“Leave the poor kid alone, he didn’t do anything this time!” my grandma butts in.

“…okay, you can go… I’m tired of all of this, I’m going to sleep…” my dad said, getting up.

I went hurriedly up before something changes his mind, closing the rooftop door behind me. I walked to the chair sitting on it, holding my head in both my hands, I screwed up today, really bad.

I still didn’t know how to us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter