Chapter Three

The Switcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I flinched from my sister's loud scream, didn't she go already!

She went downstairs and I heard her telling my parents that a stranger is in the roof. oh .

I went hurriedly to the door shutting it by putting a chair against it, my family can't see me like this!

I looked at myself in the mirror again, seeing another person but not me, I was so confused, not believing that that happened a minute ago, I just transformed to someone else, how is that even possible!?

I was cut off from examining myself in the mirror by the hard banging on the door. I didn't know what to do at that moment, and I got all nervous.

I guessed that putting my real picture will bring me back to who I'm actually. so, I changed my photo again hopping for me to come out.

*click*

I started shivering and shaking, and the fog was everywhere, again. "What is this--"

"What happened in here--"

"Did you burn something--"

"Are you okay Jongin?"

They all asked me at the same time after them breaking the door. and I started stuttering from shock, "I really don't know dad, I didn't do anything--"

"just go downstairs!!" my dad yelled at me while slapping the back of my head. I ran away from them, shielding my head from the repetitive hits.

"Where's the stranger you were talking about, Jisoo? I wasted my energy for nothing!" Bora said taking her leave after me.

"Where's the stranger?"

"Dad, I swear, I saw someone in here, believe me, dad, please!"

"Get out! go to your room!"

Phew, that was close, they almost caught me.

 

I didn't sleep that much last night, I mean, who could? I was all night thinking about that phone.

It's not a normal phone, that I figured.

I thought that it would be a great idea to go to that creepy-old-white-haired man again to explain to me at least what did he gave me, because he’s the only one that can explain.

I woke up very early in the morning and ate breakfast with my grandma, and went running to that old man's 'house' before going to college.

I knocked several times on the door but no one responded. And the weird thing is… the door was locked with heavy chains.

with a confused face, I knocked again hopping for the old man to open the door, but nothing…

“there’s no one in here kiddo, this door has been locked for the last twenty years,” said a man who’s been cleaning the street.

“Twenty years!? How about the old man who’s living here?” I asked confusedly. “he went away without returning back” what…

“But I was with him last night! Inside this house!” I said to him pointing a finger to the door. The man just stared at me with a blank face before going back to his work, he probably didn’t believe me.

what am I going to do now…?

No one can help me…

 

Kyungsoo... I know that he's the one for me.

*sigh* if only I could be in Chanyeol's place right now...

if I was in his place, I'd definitely--

"I'm here Jongin, where are you looking at?" Ms. Bae said, hitting her desk, startling me.

she came to me and looked in the way I was looking at, from my point of view, and the realization hit her. "oh, I see what's going on, your attention is there... okay, I'll begin there, then I'll come to you after," she said pointing at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, adjusting the homework paper in her hands. why does she always want to embarrass me!!

"Well, our new student, Kyungsoo, you got 17 out of 20!" Ms. Bae said, smiling at her new student.

"And Chanyeol, as always, you got 18 out of 20, good job!" she said smiling at him too. I saw Kyungsoo and Chanyeol grinning back at each other, both feeling happy, and I felt out of place seeing them like this, like a third wheel.

"And now, Jongin's turn--" can I disappear from here, please? "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter