Chapter Two

The Switcher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, hurry up! you'll be late!" Shindong said to me.

I went running to the pizzeria's delivery motorcycle, trying to go up in it and started driving as fast as I could, to get away from him.

I drove around houses all evening, giving them their pizzas. and like always, my friend's house Sehun is the last one that I'd go to.

Sehun was and still my best friend since high school, we get to know each other more when we discovered that we both love dancing, as a hobby, of course, nothing serious.

Ever since we parted ways in college (I chose ‘Economics’ and he chose ‘Mathematics and Informatics’ since he always loved playing with technical things), we couldn't hang out that much, for me having no time to go out. so, the only way to reunite is when I bring him his pizza on my way back home after my shift ends.

He lives in a studio apartment, all alone. I was about to knock when I remembered that I have the keys. So, I made my way inside, and I saw him sitting behind his computer, again. I really don’t have any idea what he’s doing there every single day.

“hey Sehun, I brought your pizza with me,” I said to him, putting it in his desk.

“thanks. wassup” he nodded to my direction as if acknowledging my presence. "nothing much, just the usual", I took a seat next to him, opening the pizza box to take a slice. "so Sehun, I need your help. I want a new phone," I said looking at him.

"yeah sure, there's a box over there with some used phones, but they work fine, so, don't worry about--"

"No no no, I want a NEW one, like, the latest ones" he turned to me confusedly, "what for?".

"just because," I tried to avoid his eyes as possible as I could.

"Okay, I know a friend who sells phones, you can go to him. I'll send you his address now".

"Thanks, see you tomorrow, love you!" I went out of the apartment, to the store Sehun told me about.

I stopped outside the store seeing phones in its windows with their prices, why the hell are they so expensive? Shindong’s money is not enough for these…

I went inside to ask for cheaper devices, but there's none.

"If you want something good, you must bear its expenses" that's what the seller told me before me leaving the store.

I walked to my way home, thinking about ways to find the money.

would Shindong give me an advanced payment? no, he wouldn’t.

maybe if I ask my dad-- No, he'd probably tell me to off.

ask Chanyeol for an-- Absolutely not!

I was cut off from further thinking when I noticed an old man with a long white bear trying to carry a big-heavy bag down the stairs. and obviously, he couldn’t.

I stared at him struggling. I wanted to go to him but I knew that my dad will scream at me if I’ll be late. But I felt bad for him. it, I’ll just make it fast.

I went to him taking the bag from his hands, “let me help you out, uncle”.

“oh, thank you young man” I smiled at him, taking his hand in mine to help him walk.

But before walking, He stood in front of me, staring, then he touched my cheek with his free hand and returned the smile. “let’s get going, I’ll lead the way”.

I followed him into an empty dark area full of fog, not far away from where I met him, does he live in here? I couldn’t even see around properly. Suddenly he took keys from his pocket and opened an old-beat-up door.

He went in, but when he didn’t hear footsteps behind him, he turned to me, “come inside, Jongin”.

Wait, did I tell him my name before? …

whatever.

I stepped inside cautiously, putting his bag aside. everything is dark in here except for the fog. poor him, he doesn’t have enough money to pay the bills.

When I went further inside, the door closed behind me scaring the out of me. And By then I began to notice things like old watches, lighted candles, and a lot of statues. I started to freak out, “emm… I think I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter