What Now?

Leaving to Escape the Pain

 

Kevin felt his break the surface of the water and tired to swim even harder. Just as his head emerged from underwater he felt someone grab his hand and help pull him out. The force of the pull dragged him fully out of the water and he landed on a cold hard surface. Coughing, Kevin felt someone rub his back as if to help the coughing stop.

 

“You okay now?” A deep voice asked when his coughing had calmed.

 

He nodded, not quite trusting his voice, before looking up and around him. He was kneeling on a square white platform in the middle of what appeared to be a crater filled with water with staircases coming off of it and leading to no where. There were five boys that looked to be around his age standing around him and one crouched beside him who had probably been the one to help him earlier.

 

“Where am I?” He asked them.

 

“That’s a good question. None of us really know where this is, we all just ended up here.” One of them said.

 

“I remember trying to drown myself. I think I did but then I saw my sister. . .”

 

“You did drown. All of us here have died and saw something of the people we left behind before we landed here.”

 

“So I am really dead?”

 

“Yup, my name’s Kiseop by the way. I was the first to die and arrive here.”

 

“I’m Hoon, the second to die.”

 

“Soohyun, I was killed rather than just dying though.”

 

“AJ, accidental death.”

 

“I’m Dongho and the one beside you is my older brother Eli. We were both killed by our father.”

 

“I’m Kevin.” He said standing up with a bit of help from Eli. “I’m confused though as to why we’re here. Aren’t we supposed to go to heaven when we die?”

 

“That’s how it’s supposed to work. Our best guess is that there’s something about that house that gathered the energy we had and last wishes and bound them together.” Soohyun explained.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t really get it either.” Dongho whispered to Kevin.

 

“Basically what he’s trying to say is that we’re something like ghosts because we died with a major regret and wish we could fix it.” Kiseop said.

 

“Oh, does that mean we’re stuck here for forever then?”

 

“That we don’t know. Kiseop had a theory that once the last person died in that house we might be able to leave this place. You might be that person since your sister didn’t sell the house.” Hoon offered softly.

 

“What would happen then?”

 

“We try our hardest to help those we left behind become happier so they don’t follow the same path most of us did.” Kiseop said.

 

“So should we try leaving then?”

 

“It can’t hurt to try. We should all go so we can help with aiding the one who was left behind.” Soohun suggested. “Kiseop, since you came here first we’ll go with you first. It’s only fair since you’ve had to deal with the pain of knowing who you left behind for the longest.”

 

They all agreed to this Kiseop led them to where he’d arrived at.

 

“Well, here goes nothing.”

 

They all smiled at that and held hands before stepping forward and being surrounded by a light.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: So, I obviously decided to a make a sequel to this story. The reason behind this is that although I was happy with how this story turned out, it's really depressing! The sequel should be happier and if one of my friends gets her way there will be elvin in it. Please tell me what you think of that idea because it'll be important to how I structure the story.

Thank you so much for reading this to the end! I love all of you and it was awesome seeing how many subscribers and comments I got on this depressing story.

Side note, does anyone remember Kibum's hair during X-ING days?

Here's a refersher for you guys.

I was watching some of X-ING's old videos and saw the one for "In Your Hands" I almost laughed when I saw it. Kevin looked so young and, although I normally approve of k-pop guys with blonde hair, I swear if Kibum ever goes back to this hairstyle I will hunt him down with a pair of scissors and cut his hair myself. It's longer some of my hair! Yes, he does look good in this picture, but in the video he looks like he's supposed to be a daper gentleman and it doesn't work.

Sorry about the rant, here are some happy U-Kiss pics for the end of a depressing story.

I love Hoonie's face in this, is funny!

Once again thanks for reading and I hope you read the squel and enjoy it!