The girl in a box

You Are My Pet

MINA's POV

My head hurts, I muttered to myself. The alcohol is now kicking in my system and demanding to get out. The flickering lights inside the club worsen my dizziness.

I just broke up with my boyfriend because I found out that he was cheating behind my back. I caught him kissing another girl from different course. Hah! I love him! I almost gave him my all! Luckily I did not.

I giggled to myself without caring about other people looking at me weirdly. I'm limping down the street to my apartment building when a group of boys suddenly stopped in front of me, asking me if I'm fine and if they could accompany me.

These bastards. They should be home, and not let their parents worry about them. So, I shoved them off.

"I don't need you." I said, beckoning them to get out of my sight. I am now in front of my building when I saw a big box. I stopped, despite my head pounding.

A trash? Who left a trash outside our complex? I kicked the box clumsily that made me stumble to the ground. I groaned in annoyance when I felt my surroundings is turning, and I closed my eyes shut. After recovering I held onto the box, and out of curiosity I opened it.

I tried to figure out what was inside by steadying my line of sight but failed. I felt the alcohol in my throat, just as I wanted to do it until I get to my unit, I couldn't. Luckily, there was a box that saved me from my mess.

It was already morning when I woke up. A groan escaped my mouth as I felt a sharp pain in my head, it hurts that I want to scream. Why did I even drunk last night until I passed out?

I brought my hand to my temple, massaging it. Suddenly a memory of yesternight's episode flashed before my eyes.

I was in a night club holding a glass of martini, dancing myself under the flickering lights of the dance floor. A lot of students came here to hangout and relax. In my case, I came here to celebrate. Celebrating my broken heart. It was broke by my cheater boyfriend. Seriously, just when I thought I'm ready to enter in a serious relationship, they will suddenly walk to the door of infidelity. I felt devastated.

The worst thing is he impregnated the girl.

Park Jimin, you jerk! I will not forgive you! I screamed inwardly. I was dancing the frustration away when I felt a pair of arms wrapped my waist, and when I turned around, I saw a guy taller than my ex was staring at me, a flirtatious smile on his face. He's handsome but not my type.

"Hi," he greeted.

I frowned at him. I removed his hands that was snaking down my waist, that was now resting dangerously above my buttocks with my free hand, but he pulled me towards him so I was trapped in between his arms. He smelt a mixed of alcohol and cigar. He leaned down to whisper something in my ear, but what he did made my eyes widened in shock.

"Let's go somewhere," he whispered, biting my earlobe. He even drew himself closer to me so I could feel his protruding manlyhood.

Gross!

I pushed him away and threw the remains of my drink on his face. "ert."

His face looked dumbfounded, and wiped his face after recovering. "What?" He laughed, "didn't you dress like that to impress us?" He mocked, smirking. His eyes roamed my body with lust.

"Impress? Who are you for me to impress?" I know what he meant, but I'm not that kind of woman so I will not back down. The other people stopped dancing and gave us space. Great. Now we were the center of attention.

"Isn't that what you came here for? To hook up? Don't worry, I'll bu--" 

Before he can complete his sentence I knocked him out. That was when my bartender friend came to the rescue and pulled me out of the scene.

Ugh! The last time I remembered, the guy was left there lying on the floor with his friends tending him. I didn't know how I came home.

I'm about to stand up when I feel my other arm getting numb and there is something heavy. I looked down to see a stranger sleeping peacefully beside me. I panicked and kicked the person away and they fell on the floor with a loud thud.

I can't feel my arm, I complained to myself. I heard a groan and suddenly felt guilty for kicking the stranger.

I felt cold so I looked down my body to see that I am only wearing my undergarments. I pulled the blanket and wrapped it around me. I got a glimpsed of my red dress wrinkled on the floor.

"You don't have to kick me," a small raspy voice said, standing up. She used my bed for support.

"I-I'm sorry." I didn't mean to kick her. She shook her hand, before sitting down my bed. She tried to stretch her back by bending forward and backward.

"You're so rough, miss," she muttered in between her groans. She's massaging the assaulted part. My ears perked up and I rose a brow at her.

"Rough?" I repeated, "what do you mean?"

"Eh? Don't you remember anything from last night?" I stared at this girl intently, trying to remember what happened after my burst out at the club, but failed. So, she continued, sighing, "I carried you all the way here, and then you stripped—"

My eyes widened. My ears stopped listening of her explanation at the word 'stripped'. I don't just stripped in front of strangers! Ah! This is why I don't drink!

"—And, oh, I borrowed your clothes."

"Ha?"

"I said I borrowed your clothes."

Silence—

"Do you perhaps want me to stay ?"

I am just staring at her disbelief. Did I... Did I just lose my V card to a girl? No, this can't be. I was not that drunk, ha! I only have more than three glasses of dry martini. I closed my eyes tight.

"Ahm, excuse me. But, it's not like that." She snapped be back from my self-loathing. "Are you perhaps not listening to me?"

I walked closer to her and sit on my bed, I'm still holding my blanket.

"Hey, tell me. Did something happen between us? Like you... and me... doing it" I trailed, blushing. Who would not!? I'm ashamed of my own actions, you know! I'm shocked when the girl suddenly burst in laughter, clutching her stomach.

"OMG" she said between her laughs,  "you are so funny." Then she suddenly pushed me down the bed with her on top of me, making my eyes widen in disbelief. Her hands on both side of my head, cornering me. She's just looking at me intensely without uttering any words. And I can't help but to be drown in her chocolate brown orbs. The way she gazed at me is making me blush.

"Hey, onee-san. If something happened to us, will you take responsibility of it?"

The eff!?

——

We are now in my living room, interrogating her of what really happened last night when I passed out. Turned out, we didn't do it and I was just assuming things. Thank God, I sighed.

According to her, I puked at the box where she was hiding last night. Then, she helped me up to my apartment unit, and once we came in this room I began stripping— what the heck— because it was hot, must be the alcohol. She asked me if she could borrow my clothes and I said yes— why wasn't this in my memories, am I having selective amnesia from drinking?— the last thing she told me was unbelievable.

"It was true. You even asked me to stay with you last night."

"Hey, high schooler—" She interrupted me by saying she was now in her last year of senior high school. I ignored it. "—I don't let anyone enter my turf. So what you're saying is completely a lie." I said suspiciously.

She pouted, and murmured something which I don't give a mind. She was saying incoherent things to herself, when I remember something.

"You said you were hiding in that box, right?" I asked, referring to one she used. She nodded in confirmation. "Why?"

"Someone's hunting me."

My eyes widen. If someone's hunting her that only means.. this girl is a part of gang or Yakuza? She's a bad person wearing a mask of an innocent beautiful girl?

I noticed that she's been caressing her other hand since she woke up. That's when I saw the stains of blood in her hand, and some bruises in her knuckles. I looked up at her face to see a small bruise in the corner of her lips.

"Is there something in my face?" She asked innocently.

"Where did you get that?" I pointed to the wound near her lips.

She moved her hand to touch it. "Ah, this? I got it when I stumbled while running" she giggled, "I'm a kind of clutz," she added.

I stood up, frowning. I went to the bathroom to get my emergency kit. If the wound has been there for a whole day, it'll get infection.

"If someone's looking for you—"

"Hunting" she corrected me. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Whatever. You should report it to the police." I asked for her hand which she complied. I began cleaning her her wounds, and she would flinched every time the cotton will touch it.

"Then it'll be the end of me." She argued, giving me a bored look. I intentionally pressed the cotton on her cut hardly, causing her to grabbed her hand from me and screamed in pain. "Ouch! It stings!"

I half-heartedly apologize, taking her hand back to mine. This girl has an attitude no wonder people want to haunt her down.

"So, why would they do that?" I am now putting the bandage on her hand.

"Do what?"

Dumb girl.

"Hunting you? Did you do something to them?"

"Yes." By the time she answered that, I'm done putting the bandage, and is now tending the wound in the corner of her lips. She hissed again, but I told her to stay still because it was her fault for having this and continued dabbing it with rubbing alcohol and betadine before putting a transparent bandaid.

We suddenly heard a low grumble. I looked at her when she smiled sheepishly.

"It was my stomach. If it's not too much, can you cook something for me?" She gave me a peace sign.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

—————————

Hiii! How are you? I hope you're doing fine. Please take care of yourself and stay healthy. PS: More&More is lit.