chapter two: lips

universe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Angels?

They existed.

Of course they did.

In a universe where demons existed, how could the angels not?

They preferred to stay hidden though, unlike the demons. They blended in with the humans.

After years of war and battling with the demons, the angels chose to do so, for fear another massacre happens.

There were a few of them that chose to expose themselves, their identities. But even so, Choi Sooyoung did nothing to them.

There were also a lot - pardon me - A LOT of hidden angels around. 

And powers? Abilities? Of course they had them. Though, the demons were more powerful.

This was all true until...

One.

One who was born.

One who possessed hidden abilities, even stronger than Choi Sooyoung.

One who had the blessings of two angels - and between these two angels, one is a goddess.

Her.

But amongst all of this, you may be asking, where are the humans?

Well duh, humans are everywhere. They were aware of the existence of other beings. Humans knew, that they are powerless, despite greatly outnumbering the special-blooded. Over the years, they had to deal with the massacres, the wars. With an invention in time, humans were able to take control over the situation, putting the special-bloods to rest and to be hidden in plain sight.

***

"Do you guys..." Sojung cringed at the word 'guys' as she stared at the three demons, who had to look up at Sojung. Sojung towered over all of them. Well, except, Yuna, who was slightly shorter. Sojung cleared , pushing her lips into a smile. "...want a ride? To the school? Together?"

Eunha bit her lips. She glanced at Yerin, who was subtly shaking her head, before looking back at Yuna. Her dark eyes dug deep in Eunha, her frozen-like state giving off absolutely no response. Yerin coughed, trying to get Eunha's attention. Eunha looked back at Sojung, smiled her best smile, and nodded her head gleefully. This action made Yerin's eyes go wide, her arm gently smacking the shorter girl.

"No, it's dangerous. The scent is too stro-" Yerin harshly whispered into Eunha's ear. Her frustrated tone evident.

"But we're gonna be late." Eunha snapped her head to look at Yerin, her pleading eyes bored into her twin. Yerin trembled. She scrunched her nose.

"Okay, but if something happens to her-" Yerin whispered sharply as her head turned to look at the shadow behind them. Yerin poked Eunha's soft cheek. "you will be at fault."

Yerin walked towards Yuna, grabbing her arm and pulling her out of their dorm. She huffed angrily, her nostrils flaring as she glared at Eunha.

Eunbi watched the three with a quizzical look on her face. Their hushed tones made it difficult for her to decipher what they were talking about. She watched as Yerin held a tight grip on the demon. Eunbi's eyes lingered on Yuna. Oh, no. She shook her head silently, shutting her eyes tight. She's a demon. You can't do that.

Soon, the six of them were making their way to Sojung's car. The Kims were in front, Eunbi falling a step behind. For some reason, she was nervous. She could hear the siblings at the back arguing as quietly as they could. And she could also hear them scolding Yuna.

Sojung stopped. Mentally slapping herself for not thinking this through earlier, she bit her lips. She gulped as she turned to the demons, and glanced at Eunbi. "The four of you have to squeeze at the back, I'm afraid."

Sojung got into the driver's seat, Yewon beside her. Behind them were the demons and Eunbi. The Jungs occupied the left seats - Yerin against the door and Eunha on her right. Yuna sat beside Eunha, leaving Eunbi pressed against the right door.

The four of them were squished, and if the Jungs weren't currently arguing for the umpteenth time, they would look quite cute, like a group of best friends hitching an Uber ride.

Eunbi bit her lips. She inched her to the right, pressing herself as much as she could against the door. She was afraid - a given, considering that she was sitting next to THE Choi Yuna. She didn't want Yuna to feel uncomfortable, hence her moving and giving Yuna more space. Eunbi forced her legs together, trying to make herself as small as possible.

Eunbi sighed inwardly. She placed her elbow on the armrest, resting her chin on her palm. She looked out the window and watched the blurry motion of trees passing by, unbothered by the noise the Jungs were making. Her fingers tapped against her jaw, as she allowed her thoughts to invade her blank mind.

At the corner of her eye, she saw Yuna's head turning to her direction. Her being froze, thinking the demon was looking at her.

Eunbi turned her head to Yuna, seeing her eyes looking out the window.

Oh shi- She wasn't looking at me. ASDLKLAFJKLASDJF EUNBI WHY ARE YOU SO EMBARRASSING. Eunbi panicked internally, still staring at the girl beside her.

Yuna's eyes met Eunbi's.

Time slowed. Well, if it couldn't before, it most definitely could now.

Yuna's black eyes burned right through Eunbi.

Eunbi felt as if she was , suddenly feeling insecure as the demon stared straight into her eyes. Her heart pounded against her chest, begging to be freed from the chambers of her ribcage. Her mind was screaming for her to look away. Her cheeks were burning.

For a moment, she thought she saw Yuna's pale skin forming a light pink too.

Eunbi's ears perked up. She was suddenly aware of the song playing on the radio.

"Wanna be your love~" [Dreamcatcher - GFRIEND]

Eunbi's ears bloomed a bright red. 

Yuna seemed to notice the song selection too. Her lips lifted as she chuckled. Her chuckles continued as she saw Eunbi's tomato red ears.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter