chapter three: inhale

universe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Angels and demons can't be together.

Angels and demons can't be together.

The gods and goddesses simply didn't allow that.

None of the angels and demons knew why. But, they listened.

Because in the past, angels and demons who fell in love...

...did not simply break up. No.

They suffered worse.

*whips out blackboard* Hello! Writer here! Uh, my name? Let's just, uh, call me... Bee! Yes, that works. Writer Bee here! No, this is not an author's note. I'm here to give a quick crash course on the brief history of angels and demons... who were caught being in a relationship! There's not that many though. This part isn't really important to the story, I wouldn't force you to read it, but it's important if you want to understand how the plot and their world works!

First exhibit - Solar and Moonbyul [Moonsun shippers put your hands up!]

This one, a bit tragic, I must say. It happened a long, long, long time ago - during the war that killed most of the demons. Angel Solar had to fight Demon Moonbyul. One on one. Moonbyul knew demons were stronger, and that she could overpower Solar if she wanted to. If she was willing to hurt her. But, their love was stronger than her powers. However, they were at war, and Solar was forced to put Moonbyul down. It had to be one way or the other. The gods and goddesses forced them to do it. It was either that, or the both of them had to spend the rest of their lives in the deepest parts of the underworld - Tartarus. Moonbyul didn't want that for Solar. God knows what Hades would do to them. So, Moonbyul volunteered to be put down.

Solar had used her powers - the last time she remembered seeing Moonbyul was when a blast of white electrifying shock streamed out of her fingertips towards her. Tears had flooded Solar's eyes, as they poured out like heavy rain. Moobyul had smiled at Solar before she got hit, her cheekbones lifted up high, her eyes pouring out all the love she could. She wanted Solar's last memories of her to be good.

"I love you, Solar."

Legends say that Solar is still alive, hidden among the humans that crowded their universe. [It's me I'm legends. AHA! Just kidding... I apologise for interrupting the regularly scheduled programme.]

I love Moonsun too. *weeps tears* Next!

Second exhibit - Jimin and Taehyung [i don't really ship bts members since i find their friendship so beautiful, but these two are soulmates so i thought it would be cute to add them]

Ah, the rebellious ones. It was only a few years ago when they got together. They were the first male angel-demon couple. They were young, in their teens, when they had fallen in love. They had always stuck by each other's side. It was hard to split them, even the gods and the goddesses couldn't. But, their case was strange. Their souls were not merely together, they were merged. At times, it can be hard distinguishing the angel and the demon in the couple. It came to a point where the both of them often acted like the other, and everyone got so confused about their identities. Who was the angel and who was the demon? Ah, but the gods and goddesses gave up too. They resorted to the last plan. The pefyx. The gods and goddesses knew that it would be difficult getting them to confess, so they forced the bright blue liquid down both of their throats. Their powers were stripped away, and they began to mingle around as powerless individuals. But, they were still happy being together. At least they could stay by each other's sides forever.

Last exhibit - [redacted] and [redacted]

Yes! My favourite one here. Their love story... makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside! Whatever happened to them had already been decided and fated. They had gone through so much. [redacted] really loved [redacted]. You could see it in [redacted]'s actions, the way [redacted] looks at [redacted]. But, unfortunately for them- *knock knock*

Oh wait! I have to go! Class has ended! Bye! *waves*

***

"Class has ended!"

Eunbi slammed her English textbook closed. She stretched her arms out, her hands balling into tiny fists. A smile crept onto her face. She had always loved the feeling whenever school had ended for the day. Especially when school ended hours later than it should. Tsk, the education system .

Her gaze landed on the new teacher, sitting at her desk and marking her students' work. What was her name? Madam Yun? Madam Han? Oh, but she told us to call her by her first name, didn't she? What was it? Eunbi clenched her eyes shut, trying to remember.

"Madam Young, I have a question."

Ah, that's it! Madam Young. A warm glow rose in Eunbi's chest. She liked her - the teacher. The way she spoke was addicting - the way the english words rolled smoothly off her tongue. Her husky voice rich, yet pleasing to the ears. It's almost as if she could be a singer without even trying.

"Hey, I told you to call me Tiffany."

The teacher looked up at the student who had asked. Her lips were spread into a big smile, her white teeth on full display. The smile reached her eyes, forming crescents. Eunbi chuckled to herself. I smile like that too. She let her eyes stay on the teacher. Something about her made Eunbi feel safe.

Familiar voices entered the room. Eunbi didn't have to look to know who they were. They were always bickering. She watched them from the side lines of her vision. The shorter one waved her hand, the taller had her right arm resting around the other's waist.

"Yuna! Come!"

Behind her, Eunbi heard the chair screeching against the concrete floor as it was pushed back. The soft steps stopped beside her. Curious, Eunbi finally turned her head, seeing the demon. Their eyes locked. Yuna's tensed shoulders dropped.

A small smile played on her lips before she turned to look at her siblings. Her soft steps continued its way to the door, earning a slap from Eunha as she nagged at her for being slow. Eunbi tilted her head. What are we?

Her phone vibrated, buzzing against her thigh in her pocket. Eunbi slid her hand in, fingers grabbing the device. She tapped the screen, her eyes squinting at the sudden brightness illuminating from the phone. Her eyes adjusted to the brightness and the name that popped up instantly made her smile that smile - eyes into crescent, teeth showing, etc. Her thumb pressed the name.

Mom

meet me at the café later

i want to introduce you to someone

Eunbi

sure! :D

Eunbi turned her phone off and slid it back into her pocket. She gathered her books, carefully stacking them. A tower of books was formed, sitting on her desk. A small puff escaped Eunbi's lips as she looked at the tower. She wrapped her arms around the sides of the stack, her fingers curling in at the bottom. 

Inhale. 

Eunbi picked the books up, hugging them to her chest. 

Exhale.

Eunbi bit the inside of her cheek, her teeth chomping down on her flesh. She slowly rose onto her feet, pressing the books tightly to her chest. She carefully took a step, eyes only staying focused on the books. Her mind blocked out all noises around her as she took another step forward.

"Hey, need help?"

Eunbi shrieked, body jolting as the voice disrupted her concentration. The books tumbled out of her grip, crashing down onto the concrete floor. The ear-splitting sounds resonated across the room. A figure made its way, blocking Eunbi's vision, scurrying to pick up the books. Her long wavy brown hair blocked her face. Eunbi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Eunbi got onto her knees, picking up the rest of the books.

She peeked to her side at the woman, failing to keep in her gasp. Eunbi studied the woman's face. Her long eyelashes were curled up, coated with a layer of mascara. Her lips pouting as she concentrated.

A fluttery feeling rose in Eunbi. This was... different. It wasn't like what she felt when she was around Yuna, not that she liked her or anything. It was like seeing a family member again after being separated for a long time. Eunbi liked that feeling.

The woman looked up, her brown hair falling behind her ear. She slowly stood, careful not to drop any of the books. She set the books on Eunbi's desk and tapped it the top. "I'll help you bring these to your locker."

A sense of familiarity coursed through Eunbi's veins as Madam Young - Tiffany - spoke. 

Tiffany lifted the top half of the book stack, flashed Eunbi a small smile before she her heels to the door, not waiting for a response from her student. Flustered, Eunbi hurriedly grabbed the remaining books and rushed to follow the teacher.

They stepped into the empty hallway, which were shining golden with the light that poured through the windows. Eunbi walked in front, leading Tiffany to her locker. She turned the knob of her lock, entering her combination. The locker opened gently with a small creak.

Pictures of her and her mother came into view, stuck on the door with cute tapes. A picture of her cheesing for the camera as her mother kissed her cheek. Another one of Eunbi tip-toeing, trying to match her mother's height. "I'll be taller than you one day!"

Eunbi laughed softly at that memory. Now she's inches taller than her small mother.

She stuffed the books she was holding inside, arranging the books neatly. Once done, she turned her body, facing Ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter