chapter four: puppies

universe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They met."

"What? How-"

"Their dorms are next to each other. They would meet one day. Guess that was today."

The blonde man tilted his head back, his fluffy hair revealing his forehead as he shuts his eyes tight. His fingers massages his head, thinking of what they should do.

"Do they have feelings for each other?" His light voice filling the air.

"We're not sure. But, a few things happened today, I think they're developing crushes."

"Do we let them be? Or-"

"We'll see. If it gets too far too fast, then maybe... we have to keep them under control."

"With what?"

"Us."

***

Time rewinds... after English class.

"Class has ended!"

Yuna's eyelids were closing. It's been a few days since she last had sleep. Being a demon was not easy. She spent her nights training with her mother. Her body was sore, she was tired. Her chin was resting on her folded arms. Sighing, she slowly lifted her head, ignoring the thundering headache starting to form.

Her fingers travelled to the edge of her open textbook, gently lifting it and closing the book. Her gaze diverted from the book to the back of the person in front of her. The person's head was turned to the side, allowing Yuna to observe her side profile. Yuna batted her eyelids, watching Eunbi's pretty lips opening and chuckling. Yuna supressed a smile. Eunbi's eyes were at someone. Yuna followed her gaze - finding her staring at the teacher. 

Ah, the teacher. Yuna was not oblivious to the stares the teacher threw to their direction throughout the lesson. She frowned, tipping her head to the side as her brain tried to click for an answer for the teacher's behaviour.

Her ears perked up. Familiar voices were coming this way. Yuna rolled her eyes as the two people stepped in.

"Yuna! Come!"

She pushed her chair back, picking up her textbooks as she stood. Her feet made small sounds as she made her way to the front. She stopped beside Eunbi.

Should I say goodbye? Or should I just walk on? Eunbi turned her head, their eyes meeting. Yuna melted at she stared into the pretty girl's eyes, her hunched shoulders dropping. A small smile made its way to her lips before she her heels, her smile vanishing slightly as she looked at the twins. Her feet made its way over to them. Eunha smacked her hard. Yuna hissed sharply as she glared at the shorter one. Eunha's face was scrunched up - she looked like a furious bunny.

"That's what you get for being so slow Yuna!" Eunha whispered sharply. Yerin giggled. 

Both of them wrapped their arms around either side of Yuna, dragging her out of the school.

They walked, finding the black SUV waiting for them. Yuna bit her lips, spotting her mother on her phone in the driver's seat.

"Hello, Ms. Choi!" Eunha's cheery voice made Sooyoung look up from her phone and smile. Although the twins were the result of Kyung Ho's affair, she still treated them as her own.

Sooyoung looked at Yuna. "You look tired. Rest today."

Yuna smiled graciously, getting in the passenger's seat. Sooyoung's hand reached towards her, lovingly ruffling her hair, giggling as Yuna's plump lips formed a pout. Sooyoung pats her cheek, her hand returning to the steering wheel and driving them to their dorm.

Yuna turned to look out the window, mentally celebrating her not having training today. Behind them, she could hear light snoring from the twins. Curious, Yuna turned around, eyes focusing on the sleeping twins. Yerin's head was on Eunha's shoulder, Eunha's chin resting on Yerin's head. Yuna's lips spread into a cheeky smile. She took out her phone, angling it and snapping a picture of them. Sooyoung snickered as she watched her sneaky child.

"Eunha! Yerin! Wake up, you're here," Sooyoung called out with her mom-like voice. She turned to her daughter. "Make sure you sleep today. Tomorrow we'll start on another skill."

Yuna nodded her head cutely, waving her hand. The twins dragged themselves out of the car, also waving at Sooyoung as she drives away. Eunha staggered, still feeling the fatigue. Yerin yawned, opening wide like a lion. Yuna shook her head, sighing. She walked towards them, wrapping her arms around their waists. They clung to her. She pulled them into the building, and into their dorm.

Yerin released herself from Yuna, walking to the kitchen. Whistling sounds from the kettle floated throughout their dorm. Eunha was still clinging onto Yuna. She lifted her arms, now grasping Yuna's neck. Yuna took this cue, slowly moving her arms from around Eunha's waist to the back of her knees. Yuna bit her lips, gently lifting the smaller girl off her feet, carrying her bridal style towards her room. Yuna stuck her foot out carefully, pushing the door open.

Yuna looked down at the sleeping girl. Eunha looked like an adorable bunny - her eyelids shut and her lips pouting unconsciously. Yuna laid the girl down onto her mattress. Eunha curled up, her lips. Yuna was bent over the girl, her breath hitting Eunha's face as she removed Eunha's arms from around her neck. Yuna leaned closer, pecking the girl's rosy cheeks. She grabbed Eunha's blanket, pulling it over the girl's body, ensuring she's warm.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted into the room, capturing Yuna's attention. The scent made her stomach rumble. She walked out, warily closing the door so as to not make much noise. She found Yerin in the living room, sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hand. Yerin was facing the window, where the afternoon sun was gazing at them - the rays of the sun reflected of her pale skin, making it glow like honey. Yuna's lips parted slightly, mesmerised by the beauty of the splashes of the warm shades in the sky.

"There's a cup on the counter for you," Yerin muttered, not bothering to turn her head. She was milking in the scenery, feeling comforted - taking a sip of her coffee.

Yuna grabbed the cup, sliding onto the couch beside Yerin. The steam from the cup warmed her face. Yuna in a breath, enjoying the warmth and the scent invading her body. Yuna sipped the coffee, humming peacefully as the delicious coffee hit her tongue. She her lips, resting her head on Yerin's shoulder. Her hot breath touched Yerin's ear as a muttered thank you left her lips, making Yerin shudder at the contact.

Yuna's gaze travelled to the wall clock. 6.03 p.m. She felt soft tapping on her arms. 

"Wanna study together? I have some assignments due tomorrow," Yerin's tone was soft, her eyebrows raised.

Yuna initially wanted to reject, wanting to catch up on sleep. But, she didn't want Yerin to be alone, so she found herself nodding at the offer.

 

Soon, both of them were seated on opposite sides of their shared study table, each having tall stacks of papers and textbooks. It was quiet. The sounds of their pens scribbling on the papers, the flipping of pages were all that could be heard. Well, almost. The snoring sounds that came from Eunha's room could be heard too.

Yuna was focused on her work, biting the insides of her bottom lip whenever she had to think of an answer. Yerin stretched her arms, sighing heavily.  A loud yawn broke the silence. Yerin gathered her books, pushing them to the edge of the table. She watched as Yuna tapped her pencil against her paper.

"Yuna, I'm going to sleep," Yerin continued to stretch, mumbling out barely coherent words. She rubbed her eyes, feet making its way to her room.

Yuna groaned. Another headache was forming, this time hitting harder than before. She leaned back, closing her eyes. I gotcha brain, I'll stop now. She dropped her pencil onto her paper, slowly rising to her two feet. Yuna sighed, thinking of crashing on the couch. 

Knockings were heard on the door. Yuna turned around, mind rejuvenating. Hestitantly, she walked over, unlocking the door. Her eyes widened - the person she had least expected to see stood in front of her. She fell forward into Yuna, making Yuna tense her body. She felt arms wrapping around her neck.

"Sojung! See, I told you I'm fine~" Eunbi sang. Her words were slurred. Her lips in a sloppy smile. Yuna pouted with concern. Is she drunk? 

Eunbi's eyebrows knitted in confusion before she suddenly laughed. I don't smell alcohol on her. "Hey! Sojung! When did you get so! Short! Or did I get taller! This is funny!"

Yuna's nostrils flared. A familiar smell ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter