Because Of You

Loving You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura was sitting at the corner of the restaurant with a cup of ice latte on the table. She kept looking around, waiting for Chaeyeon who went to the kitchen to get some food. Chaeyeon soon came with two plate of seafood carbonara. Chaeyeon placed a plate carefully in front of Sakura before she sat across Sakura.

 

“Help yourself,” Chaeyeon broke the silence between them.

“Thanks for the food,”

 

Chaeyeon could not focus eating. Her eyes kept looking at Sakura who looked like a different person in front of her. She wondered what happened to Sakura during the two years she went missing.

 

“So, Chaeyeon shi, do we know each other?”

“Us? Yes, we do. We are friend,”

“Are we close?” Sakura asked.

“We are just friend, not that close,” Chaeyeon lied.

“Really? That’s too bad,” There was a disappointment in Sakura’s voice.

“So, what happen to you?”

“Me? I was in an accident two years ago and I lose my memories, like almost all of them,” Sakura explained.

“You were in an accident? Are you still hurt?” Chaeyeon panicked.

“Hey, I’m fine now, that’s two years ago,”

“That’s good,”

“Are you sure we are not that close? You sounded so worried just now though,” Sakura questioned since she was suspicious.

“We are not, we are just business partner, nothing more,” Chaeyeon kept lying.

 

Wonyoung who was a few metres away from them shook her head in disbelief. She was frustrated that Chaeyeon lied to Sakura.

 

“You know, I’m thinking that maybe I should come here to meet you daily,” Sakura said.

“What? Why would you come here daily?”

“I don’t have friends and since I know that we used to be friend, maybe we can be friend again? Who knows maybe I will remember you?”

“Sakura-,”

“Wait, that’s not how you call me earlier,” Sakura stopped Chaeyeon.

“Huh?”

“You called me Saku chan, isn’t it?”

“But you-,”

“Just call me by that name, it feels that we are close when you call me that,” Sakura requested.

“Saku chan,”

“And how should I address you? Chaeyeon? Chae? Miss Lee?”

“Jjaeyeon,”

“Jjaeyeon? Why?”

“Just because,” Chaeyeon smiled at her.

“Okay, I will call you Jjaeyeon,”

 

Just then, Sakura’s phone rang. Sakura looked at the caller ID and she put her phone back in her bag.

 

“I need to leave now, how much is-,”

“It’s okay. It’s on me,”

“Thanks,”

 

Sakura picked her bag up and walked together with Chaeyeon to the door.

 

“So, Jjaeyeon,” Sakura turned to Chaeyeon.

“Yes?”

“I will come back,”

 

Sakura walked out of the restaurant. Chaeyeon just watched Sakura as she gets further.

 

“Why did you lie unnie?” Wonyoung appeared out of nowhere.

“Not your business,”

 

Chaeyeon went to clean up the table but Wonyoung followed her around.

 

“Wonnie, let’s get back to work okay?”

“No! I need an explanation,”

“You don’t have to know anything, and so does she,” Chaeyeon said.

“Why?”

“Wonnie, I don’t want to make things hard for her, and now I am trying to get rid of my feelings for her, so please give me some space,”

“Er okay?”

“Good,”

 

Chaeyeon walked pass Wonyoung and went straight to the kitchen. Wonyoung crossed her arms together.

 

“It will be hard to do that unnie, since you only love her,”

 

= = = = =

 

Irene and Seulgi were sitting on a bench at the park. Their fingers were intertwined together but now words were being said after Irene told Seulgi everything about what happened in the past two years. There was only the sound of nature.

 

“Rene,” Seulgi broke the silence.

“Hmm?”

“What are you going to do now?”

“I’m going to protect you, like I always did,”

“How are you going to do that?”

“By staying away from you,” Irene tightened her grip on Seulgi’s hand.

“What if I don’t want to? What if I want to be with you?”

“You can’t, my dad will kill you,”

“Let him kill me, it’s no use if I’m living without you,”

“No Seul, I will get what he wants from Mr Miyawaki and then I will go to you, so please hang on there, for me,” Irene begged.

“What if Mr Miyawaki won’t give you what you dad want?”

 

Irene did not answer the question. She turned to Seulgi and pulled her for a hug. She leaned her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

“Trust me, I will get us both out of this mess,” Irene whispered.

“I trust you,”

“So, please stay away from me until I solve all this,”

“And you, please stay safe,”

“I will Seul, I will,”

 

= = = = =

 

Irene came home and found Sakura waiting for her in the living room. Sakura greeted Irene with a smile, but Irene was not in the mood to even smile back at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter