part four.

R U Ridin’?

    “Listen. I’m respectable. Just because we’re entering an enclosed space, that doesn’t mean anything, okay?” You inform with crossed arms.

    Baekhyun tilts his head, mischief gleaming in his eyes. “Okay,” he says.

    The elevator door dings open, and you push him off of you. “Stop trying to take off my dress, Baek,” you scold, slapping his chest.

    He laughs, kissing down your neck. You haven’t had a drop of alcohol, but you’re positively drunk—off of him. Baekhyun wraps his arm over your shoulder, sharing an adoring laugh with you when you stumble down the hallway.

    You kick the door open impatiently, and he bursts out laughing. “Be careful,” he murmurs when you pull him inside, letting the door click behind you both softly.

    There’s a moment of silence when Baekhyun flicks on the lights. You stare at him. You stare at his disheveled hair. You stare at his shiny lips. You stare at the dip of his Adam Apple. You stare at the denim slung low on his waist, revealing the delicious sliver of golden skin and the trail of hair leading downward.

    Glancing back into his eyes, you immediately feel goosebumps because the look he’s boring into you? It’s intense. It says everything and it empowers you because, at the end of the day, you’re the one making him like this.

    You attempt to kick off your heels, and you’re successful with the first one. The story changes, however, when you trip on your left heel and lose your balance. Groaning in both mortification and pain, you curl into a fetus position, ducking away.

    Baekhyun chuckles endearingly, dropping to his knees. He leans in, kissing your chin. “You okay?”

    “No,” you force out through your palms. He pulls your hand away, kissing your knuckles. “But you’re really good at kissing.”

    “Oh, really?” Yep, he’s teasing you now.

    You scrunch your nose, and he kisses that too. “And you’re probably a devil under the sheets.”

    He laughs gently at this, kissing the side of your mouth. “And?”

    “And I don’t think one round will be enough,” you whisper.

    His eyes twinkle and you gasp, feeling his fingers drag up your thighs and under your dress. “Let’s find out,” he murmurs in return, mouth pressed against your tingling skin.

    It turns out Byun Baekhyun isn’t only a stud appearance-wise, he’s a total stunner in bed as well. It wasn’t like you doubted him in the first place, but a man who could speak intelligently, dress impeccably, and look like he was fresh off the runway? Come on. He can’t be good at everything. Well, it turns out. He is, and you can’t really complain about it.

    Heaving, you turn to your left, snuggling close to his body. You’re both sweaty but he doesn’t complain and pulls you in under his arm. Kissing the side of your head, he asks, “should we move up to the bed?”

    You bite back a laugh, your eyes wandering around to inspect the hotel room. The mirror by the front door is smudged with handprints and lipstick—you wonder quietly how that happened. Your previously worn clothes are littered near the foyer and quite frankly, have been abandoned. Half of the bedding is on the floor, and the sheets are crumpled, corners pulling away. The desk—earlier elaborately set up with roses and gifts by the staff—is unidentifiable with most of the objects on the carpet and flower petals decorating the wood.

    And both of you are strewn on the carpet, still very much —but let’s be honest, the time to be shy has passed.

    “But you’re comfy,” you murmur, thumbing the side of his stomach.

    Baekhyun is smiling bemusedly when you tilt your head slightly to meet his eyes. Humming softly, he says, “wanna raid the minibar?”

    In mock astonishment, you reply, “why, I thought you’d never asked.”

    He chuckles endearingly at that, and you pull away from him, watching him get up on his feet. You whistle, “I feel like when God made you, he forgot modesty. There’s no way your can be as cute as you are.”

    Baekhyun pauses, turning slightly. His eyes are lit with an inner glow as he squints them. “Is this how women feel when they’re catcalled?”

    You snort. “Oh, shut up.”

    “I’m kidding, pretty. You know—I appreciate having my spirits constantly raised by you.”

    “Maybe I should stop. You’re looking a little cocky there, mister.”

    He laughs haughtily at that. “And you’re a , and we belong together. What’s the problem?”

    You choke on a laugh, pushing yourself off the ground and sitting crisscrossed. “I hate your mouth.”

    “That’s debatable,” he notes, tugging open the overly done mini-fridge.

    “No, no. I don’t think so. Your tongue’s pretty ing annoying,” you huff, pretending to be upset when, of course, you aren’t.

    “You’re terrible at lying,” he answers, voice dimmed by the low hum of the fridge.

    “What do you know about me?” You ask, eyebrows raising.

    He peeks his head out from the door, eyes flashing with amusement. “I’d give you another with my tongue alone, but I don’t think you’re up to the task.”

    “I hate you,” you playfully deadpan, finally caving into your laughing fit.

    Baekhyun returns to your side with two mini bottles of champagne, and you watch him sleekly pop open the bottle and hand it to you. “No, I don’t think you do.”

    You harrumph, “actually.” Then, you level him an introspective look—the one you frequently use in the courtroom, but just as quickly, you crack into a grin. “You’re absolutely right.”

    He takes a swig of the bottle, letting out a long breath after. “I see what you did there.”

    Chuckling, you place down your bottle and stand to sit on his lap. He slides one arm down to the small of your back and extends his left on your shoulder. “Hi,” you whisper.

    “Hi,” he mirrors, tilting his head, but he doesn’t look like he’s going in for a kiss. No—he looks like he’s scrutinizing every detail of you up close. You’d feel insecure about this if it was happening any other time with any other person, but strangely, he makes you feel at ease. It’s unlike you’ve ever felt before. Just comfortable, but the butterflies are still there—especially when he looks like that. A hint of a smile in his eyes with the irresistible masculine notes wafting off of him.

    Byun Baekhyun is otherworldly, but he’s here, and you’re in his lap nonetheless.

    “Oh,” you drawl, squinting your eyes. “I didn’t notice these.” You lift your hands to cup his face.

    He lifts a brow. “What?”

    “Your moles,” you answer, leaning in to dot butterfly kisses on his little moles dispersed on his satiny skin. Then, you settle onto the one just above his lips, pressing a more meaningful kiss on it because it’s special—and it’s also your newly acquired favorite. “Everything about you,” you sigh. “I like.”

    Baekhyun pulls back, dragging his eyes over your face thoughtfully. “What else do you like about me?”

    “I like our banters,” you say, rubbing your chin with the palm of your hand. “You play along when I want you too, but every word you say feels like Christmas.”

    He snorts out an incredulous laugh, but shortly thereafter, he relaxes again, his fingers rubbing little circles on your skin. “Anything else?”

    You roll your eyes. “I can’t believe I’m your ego right now,” you grumble, but despite that, you continue, “I like that you can be blunt without being an about it. I like that you make me feel valued even if it’s only for a short time…” You trail off, forcing yourself to laugh as you shake your head. “My turn,” you prompt, staring pointedly at him.

    Baekhyun groans, “damn it. Already?”

    “I really do receive the short end of the stick, don’t I?”

    He kisses you while tightening his hold around you. “Just kidding, pretty. I like a lot of things about you.”

    “That’s code for bull. You don’t actually know, Baek,” you tease.

    “I digress, actually. First of all, you already know that I like your eyes,” he deliberates, wiggling his head cutely.

    You nod slowly, signaling for him to go on.

    “I like it when you chew on your lips when you think no one’s looking. It makes you human—not that you aren’t, but you’re just so put together that sometimes, I feel inferior.”

    Your mouth falls open. “Oh, shut up—you’re lying.”

    Baekhyun shakes head, offering you an encouraging smile. “Dead serious. It’s y, though. The professional aura that you carry, but I like how you can also be playful. You’re fun to talk to, and your laugh—”

    “Let me guess—I sound like a loon.”

    He pauses for a second, scrunching his nose in mild confusion. “That was…oddly specific.” Then, he lets out a breathy laugh. “No, pretty. There’s just something about the way your lips curl upwards. It’s so unrestrained—so different from you, but in a good way. It’s like when I told you that your eyes look like they’re always smiling when in fact, you aren’t? Everything about you is a contradiction, and you stun me. Constantly. Whether it be you speaking or just—reacting to my words.”

    You can feel a flush rising from your neck to your cheeks, and you find it hard to meet his eyes because he hadn’t been kidding. He was serious. “Wow,” you manage.

    Baekhyun chuckles adoringly. “Did I scare you away already?”

    Shaking your head, you lean into him, resting your head in the crook of his shoulder. “No, Baek. You didn’t. I just didn’t expect to fall even more in love with you.”

    He awes quietly, his laugh vibrating against your bare skin. “You’re so ing cute.”

    “No, you.”

    “You.”

    “You.”

    “You.”

    “Yo—ugh, this is so cliché.”

    He hums, “what’s wrong with a little cheesiness? Everything about this trip has been nothing but spontaneous.”

    You surmise, “you couldn’t more right, dude. I mean—you could honestly still be a serial killer, and I’m already in too deep to bug out. You’re just too enchanting for your own good.”

    “I promise. I’m just a normal guy,” he says.

    “Normal and pretty guys don’t go together. Most of them are either gay, taken, or just emotionally unavailable,” you point out as a matter of fact.

    Baekhyun snorts. “What kind of guys are you meeting?”

    “Oh, you know, just the regular ole guy.”

    “Funny you say that. I think maybe this was meant to be.”

    You jut out your lips. “So…what? You believe in destiny?”

    “Not usually. I’m on the farthest end of the spectrum from superstitious, but—meeting you? I just might be putting more thought into it. Then again, everything about this is an anomaly. You don’t meet a gorgeous girl in the middle of the Texan desert and travel all the way to SoCal on an improvised trip very often—unless, of course, you’re not from this planet.”

    You gasp theatrically. “How did you know?” Lowering your voice conspiratorially, you say, “I’m a figment of your imagination, Baek. You made me up because you were disappointed by all the lacking women in your life.”

    He rolls his eyes at this. “That’s just depressing to think about it.”

    “Why?”

    “Because, pretty, in these three days, you’ve changed my entire life. I don’t think I want this to ever end.”

    You’re rendered speechless because he’s managed to both assuage your fears and woo you under a word count of a hundred. “I—this—this isn’t just a fling?”

    Baekhyun’s eyes narrow. “What? No, pretty. Of course not. Well, maybe at first, I thought ‘ it’, and I went for it without thinking about the consequences, but , you’re real. You’re more real than anyone I’ve ever touched like this. And I don’t think I’ve ever touched anyone like this.”

    “Really?” You whisper, voice cracking.

    He laughs melodically. “Yes, baby—yes. Why would I lie to you?”

    You wrinkle your face in response. “Not lie, specifically, but you’re very secretive. I’m sure you know that about yourself.”

    Baekhyun feigns a sigh, throwing his hands up dramatically. “What do you want to know?”

    “Are you willing to tell?”

    His eyes catch onto the familiar and easy mirth they usually carry when they’re around you. “Let’s find out.”

    You make a face. “The last time you said that you gave me a gazillion s, still counting.”

    He bites his bottom lip, grinning widely. “See? I have some credibility.”

    “Shut your mouth, Byun Baekhyun.”

    “Ask your questions, pretty.”

    “Fine,” you groan, but before you can say anything, he stretches to tug on the fallen duvet, pulling it around you two. You blink at him.

    He clucks his tongue. “Just thought we’d be down here for a while. You’re taking quite a long time to think.”

    “You didn’t even let me answer, !”

    He laughs, nodding his head. “Okay, okay.” Baekhyun kisses you chastely, and then he maintains a safe distance all because he’s playing the game of being a good boy.

    “Who’s your best friend?”

    “Park Chanyeol,” he answers easily.

    You freeze. “As in the Park Chanyeol?”

    Baekhyun scoffs. “Yep, the very one. Do you know him?”

    “Are you kidding? Everyone knows him. He’s a fantastic singer. One of his songs was playing during my first time. He’s monumental to music. Brilliant—other than teens misrepresenting his music for y time, of course.”

    He nods thoughtfully, and then he’s anchoring his attention on you again. “Wait. Your first time? When?”

    “I was seventeen. My parents were away, and I invited this boy over. It wasn’t anything to fawn over. I remember thinking ‘that’s it?’” You explain, waving your hands dismissively.

    Baekhyun chuckles quietly. “I take it that you weren’t impressed?”

    “It was as good as the first time was going to get. Way too much fumbling and too much teeth.” He winces, and you chuckle in return. “But I’m better now, aren’t I?”

    “You’re a natural, pretty.”

    “Thanks. I had a lot of practice before they all ditched me for the real love of their lives.”

    He tsks. “I’m glad they did.”

    You smack his chest. “.”

    “Otherwise I wouldn’t have met you under these circumstances.”

    “Oh.”

    “Duh.

    “What about you? How was your first time?” You ask after a beat of silent exchanges.

    He does that thing he always does when he’s thinking. The thing that you really, really like. Baekhyun stares up toward the sky like there was an answer written there for him, and then, he’s fidgeting. It could be his feet or his fingers or even his shoulders. It’s cute. Really, really ing cute. And it’s also one of those things that you want to keep tucked away in your pocket because all of these little things you obtain from him? They’re presents—all wrapped neatly and pretty with a giant red bow on top. You want to keep them forever, and he makes you feel like there’s a possibility that you can.

    “It was awkward and wet—but not the good kind. It was just really slimy,” he answers finally. You dry heave, and he nods firmly. “I was fifteen—maybe sixteen? This girl who I’ve been vying on for a while invited me into her car, and we spent like an hour making out and then things got further until…” He grimaces, shrugging violently.

    You snicker, “ooh! Let me guess—you lasted two minutes, tops?”

    He shakes his head. “I didn’t last.”

    “No,” you gasp. “Oh, poor baby, but I’m living proof that you’ve really grown, baby boy.”

    Baekhyun pulls you in for a kiss, and you moan when he slips his tongue inside, probing deeper and exploring. You’ve probably kissed him a million times now, but it never gets old. In fact, it always feels like the first time. He’s great at it. His mouth is gentle, but he knows you well enough by now to give you what you truly want, and a man who pays attention?

    Yes. Please.

    “Maybe it’s because I actually enjoy pleasuring you,” he says.

    “I’m flattered. I’m usually hard to please. Eli gave up on me a lot.”

    He levels you an unimpressed look. “What did you see in that guy? He sounds like a massive tool.”

    “Maybe because I haven’t met you yet?” You mirror his words from earlier, and he beams at this.

    “I told you,” he sings, kissing you again. “It was only a matter of time,” he enunciates each word with a peck.

    You giggle, tangling your fingers into his soft brown hair. “I hate that you’re always right.”

    “Better get used to it if you’re planning on sticking around.”

    “Why can’t you be more imperfect? Are you sure you’re from this planet?”

    Baekhyun deadpans, “no, I’m not. I’m a figment of your imagination. You made me up because the men in your life were so incompetent.”

    “, you got me.”

    He pushes you on your back, and you squeak in surprise when he’s suddenly above you again. The covers slip from his back, and you get a delicious angle of everything important. He dives in to kiss you, and you let him because once, twice, thrice simply wasn’t enough.

    “You have got to stop doing that,” you mumble tiredly.

    “Doing what?” He replies, snuggling his face into your neck.

    “Seducing me,” you drawl. “I’m at my limit.”

    Baekhyun’s laugh tickles your chest. “Weak.”

    “Say what you want, but I gave you five rounds,” you deadpan, bringing your arms around his shoulders and squeezing.

    He chuckles. “I’m actually kind of impressed with myself.”

    “Definitely. You do this often?”

    “Do you want the truth?”

    You take a deep breath as a joke, and Baekhyun props his chin up to narrow his eyes at you. Laughing, you shake your head. “Always,” you finally answer.

    He smiles and lays back down. “I like us. No bull, just straight on.”

    “Hell yeah—now are you going to answer the question or not?”

    “I’m getting there, pretty. And the answer is yes and no. I stay in my office a lot, and it makes me feel productive—you know? I can’t imagine taking anyone up there to for one night or whatnot.”

    You titter, “so…if I asked, would you be into roleplaying?”

    Baekhyun hums, “what kind of roleplaying?”

    “Maybe I can play a green-eyed intern and you can be my boss,” you answer, chuckling when he blows a raspberry on your collarbone.

    “I don’t know about the innocent part. You seem a little too scandalous for the part.”

    You gasp as if he’s offended you, but really—he’s kind of right. Men were afraid of you. At least your colleagues. How else were you going to get them to fall in line? You were badass, and it’s embarrassing to admit outright, but hey, you weren’t a liar. “Okay, Mr. Uptight. I’ll have you know that I am a very good actress.”

    “Oh, really?” He asks through a toothy smile.

    You smirk. “How else did I manage to snag a CEO? Since you’ve caught me, I’m going to be frank with ya’. I’ve actually been after your money, Mr. Byun, director of Privé Alliance.”

    Baekhyun pulls back, eyes growing wide until he realizes that contrary to your tone, your face says the opposite. In fact, you’re shaking with laughter because he actually looked like he believed you. But then you realize that he doesn’t laugh too, so you immediately stop and cup his face.

    “Hey, hey—look at me. What’s wrong?”

    He laughs, ducking his head. “Nothing’s wrong, I’m fine.

    You sigh softly. “Come on, Baek. What happened to no bull? And I’m sorry if I went too far. It was funnier in my head.”

    He scrunches his nose. “Don’t do that. You’re making me feel bad.”

    “Are you kidding? I’m the one repenting. You can tell me anything, Baek. You already know a lot about me. It’s only fair, right?”

    Baekhyun is silent, and you’re already aware of just how private he is about anything personal. He hasn’t really told you many things about himself, and the bits that he does reveal is only when you ask. So as of now, you’re unsure if it’s wise to press him. You don’t want him to run away because it’d be a pity since you really like him. And if you’re going to be completely honest, your heart would probably shatter into a million pieces.

    “It’s fine,” you force out, plastering a smile. “You don’t have to answer me. I—“

    He groans, “no. No. Don’t smile like that. You’re hurting me.” Baekhyun props himself on both of his arms, and his eyes are fierce when they wander to yours. “It’s—I—argh. I’m really bad at this. Talking about myself in general. I’m used to hiding everything under a facade. A lot like you, but at least with you, you can switch back and forth at will. Five years ago. I met someone. It wasn’t that I was in love with her, but she—she ed me up. She left me with what she deemed as a present, and I had to suddenly get my together. And just thinking about it gives me hives. I don’t like to be vulnerable in front of people—especially not to someone I really, really like. And maybe it’s more than that. Maybe I’m actually falling in love with you.”

    You bite your bottom lip, unsure of what to say to make him feel better. He looks terrible. You’ve never seen him so shaken and unconfident. He’s always smiling, and his body movements are always so easy and suave. You resort to staring at him, just silently taking him in. His eyes begin to dip, but you clear your throat. “I’m not good at relationships. I’m quick to blame the other party, but in all honesty, sometimes, I think the problem is me. I can’t give myself completely to someone. All my boyfriends—we’ve had the same problem. We fight and fight and when they don’t call back, it doesn’t bother me. I can go on with my life. I don’t grovel. It doesn’t matter to me, but when I’m called out on it, I can be such a . I’ve never admitted this to anyone. Not my exes, not even my mother.”

    The twinkle of mischief returns to his eyes, his brows dipping as well. You almost want to sigh in relief. “So, what are you trying to say? I’m special?”

    You laugh, turning your head sideways. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, mister. Who knows? This could be post- me.”

    Baekhyun kisses your chin. “Alright, then. What’s the problem? I can just you up. Who says otherwise?”

    “My ovaries and I don’t think we have enough condoms.”

    “I bet our neighbor has some,” he jokes.

    You wince. “I think they hate us.”

    “If anyone asks, it’s your fault for being so loud.”

    “Listen here, Mr. Byun Baekhyun. Maybe you should stop giving me two s at once.”

    “How about no?”

    You laugh at this, your hands flying on his back to slap it. “Ugh, I feel sorry for your future wife. If she suddenly dies and you get back the autopsy, it’ll be from an overdose of dopamine and oxytocin.”

    Baekhyun hums, “already figured it out. There wouldn’t be an issue if you took her spot. I mean—look at you, you’re fine. You haven’t died yet.”

    Shaking your head in feigned dismay, you retort, “you can’t ask someone you just met to marry you.”

    “Sure I can.”

    You scoff, eyebrows raising quizzically. “And what makes you so confident that you’ll get a yes?”

    “It’s a gut feeling.”

    You choke out a laugh. “That’s a reason. Actually, that’s not even logical, but I don’t know. I bet you’ll get a yes if you don’t make her sign a prenup.”

    Baekhyun’s expression levels into blankness. “I take it back. You’re not even that interesting.”

    Laughing, you curl into his chest, pressing feathery kisses. “I’m not a catch, Baek. You should avoid me while you still can.”

    “Where’s the confident girl I met on the first day?”

    “You made her all soft and mushy inside.”

    “. I’m a danger to society.”

    “I’m sorry. Did you just realize that now?”

    “Shut up, pretty. You’re not allowed to be this cute anymore. I’m writing to the legislation first thing in the morning.”

    You snort. “Lobbying is marginally illegal.”

    He wiggles his eyebrows. “Who said anything about lobbying? I bet those women can’t resist my ual prowess.”

    “I’m sure they’d be delighted to invite you to their little ladies’ club,” you agree with an exasperated look.

    Baekhyun freezes and suddenly looks horrified at the notion. “What does that entail?”

    You snicker, “I don’t know. There’s a reason I’m not in it. Maybe they make voodoo dolls of their husbands and play pin the donkey except it’s the rated R version.”

    “What the ?”

    You pull him down for a kiss, and he groans immediately, running his hands up your skin. “That only slightly made the imagery of a bunch of wrinkly middle-aged women playing inappropriate college games better.”

    “I’m not sorry,” you murmur against his lips.

    He chuckles. “I forgive you. You should probably thank your lips for being so ing divine.”

    “I’m hungry,” you tell him, pulling back.

    Baekhyun hums, “what do you wanna eat?”

    “Do you think they have room service at this time?”

    “Come on, baby. It’s an overpriced hotel suite,” he relays.

    You roll your eyes. “Sorry, forgive me for not knowing the basics of being wealthy.”

    “Shut up.”

    “Make me.”

    He laughs lightly pushing you upright with him. “What are you craving?”

    “Your ,” you answer with a toothy smile.

    “You barbarian,” he feigns. “Seriously, though.”

    You heave out a breath. “I want breakfast food.”

 

“I think you have an infatuation for American breakfast,” he comments when you shove a whole strip of bacon in your mouth, forgetting to chew the previous bite of pancakes.

    “How’d you know?” You ask, blinking at him.

    Baekhyun snorts out a laugh as he exchanges a knowing look with you. “First of all, chew.” You chew quickly and swallow. “That’s a good girl.”

    You toss a piece of your scrambled egg at him, and you laugh, watching it slide down his bare chest. “I’m not three.”

    “You sure eat like one,” he taunts, plucking the egg off of his thigh. “What’s the story?”

    You stop chewing to stare at him. “What do you mean?”

    “Breakfast food. You’ve had it two days straight.”

    You grow misty-eyed. “In the mornings before harvest, Dad used to always make me breakfast. He’d sneak some coffee in my milk behind Mom’s back. He’s a ing great cook, but I love his breakfasts the most. He knows just how to make my eggs and those mornings were like our little secret. It was just the two of us staring out the bay window overlooking acres of strawberries. It’s the nostalgia, I guess. It’s the sort of the only thing that helps me remember him.”

    Baekhyun smiles endearingly, pulling you in for a hug. “You were really close to him, weren’t you?”

    You nod. “I became a judge because of him. His death was so ing unfair—god, he—“ You trail off. Sighing, you continue, “he was a TA victim, but the driver got away scot-free because we didn’t have insurance. We didn’t have any ing money to fight. When he died, I promised myself I was going to fight for people like me. People who didn’t have money. I wanted to change the system from inside.”

    He rubs your back. “You’re amazing, and your dad—he’s probably watching over you intently.”

    Your lip curls upward. “I hope so. And you? What about your parents?”

    He pulls back, smiling warmly. “They’re lovely people. I was adopted when I was about six or so. It was me and my brother, growing up. I had a good childhood. Even though they weren’t exactly my birth parents, they never made me feel like I was anything less. My brother and I were treated the same way.”

    “It fits you. You’re a really warm person,” you mutter.

    “What makes you say that?” Baekhyun questions thoughtfully.

    You lock eyes with him. “Well, the more I get to know you—you become less of the typical rich and more personalized? You’re just so…you. I know that doesn’t make any sense. I’m usually more eloquent than this, but I don’t know how to explain it. I guess to sum it up. You, Byun Baekhyun, are unique. There’s only one of you, and I can’t see anyone else being you or the latter.”

    He stares at you with that look again. The one that conveys everything. Maybe it’s love. You can’t assume because it’ll only lead to disappointment. After all, let’s be real. It’s been three days. No one falls that fast.

    Baekhyun’s smile is wobbly. “I got butterflies,” he admits quietly.

    You bite back a chuckle. “No way.”

    “No one’s ever been this nice to me,” he tells you. “I’m serious. I can’t even recall the last time anyone’s ever made me feel like I can just let all of it go. I feel safe.”

    “Good because I feel the same.”

    “Yeah?”

    “Why would I lie to you?”

    “Depends. Are you here for my money or for the real constituents of Byun Baekhyun? The beautiful and all of the ugly.”

    You lean in close, both of your breaths intermingling. He smells like bubblegum, and you’ve grown to realize that maybe you don’t hate bubblegum. Because on him, it feels like authenticity. And that’s what being with him feels like. “Give it all you’ve got. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

But in the end, you’re the stupid one. You’ve been made a fool, and you trusted him. Cursing under your breath, you crumple the dollar bills in your palm. They feel crisp and cold. He didn’t even leave a note.

    When you’d woken up, he was gone. He left nothing. Not a note. Not a phone number. He just up and went. You were placed in the middle of the bed, the sheets and bedding all scattered on the floor. But you looked like you were plucked from all of that mess. As endearing as it seemed, it wasn’t the same sentiment in your chest. Your heart pounded like you’d been submerged under an ocean of water and you were barely given just enough air to sustain yourself.

    You were hurt, and most importantly, you weren’t a ing e. But maybe that’s what it was all along. It wasn’t like you paid for anything. As much as you tried to convince yourself that it was because he didn’t let you—you knew you could’ve. So you blamed yourself for the pain. What did you expect? For a stranger to actually mean the words he’s told you?

    Of course not, and when you boarded the train to your mother’s, you made up your mind. It was time to go back to the real world.

 

the end.

 


 

[a/n] sorry not sorry~ listen. someone asked for drama. and if you know me, i will give it to you good. this entire chapter was really a joy to write. it was hard at first, but i figured out how i'd wanted it to go. i wanted the ending to feel abrupt that's how the oc feels. hopefully, you were invested in both the characters as much as i was and felt weird and standoffish. i mean. . i thought seha had chemistry, but these two have major ing chemistry too. enjoy 5k of loosely edited writing. i have work in an hour and i can't be bothered. oop. lmao, i'll come back to edit this later tonight if i don't faint from working.

sorry about that long wait. i hope the chemistry and fluff in this chapter were good. also surprisingly my character development was spot on. it feels natural in this chapter??

idk give me ur thoughts. i wrote half of this last night and i was nodding off. and then i had a 4 hr break before work so tadah!

LMAO GET PRANKED. this IS NOT THE END. see you next chapter, lovelies!