Two

ten nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No matter how many times I pledge, 
I am holding onto one, two things between my fingers 
 
How can I let go of you, 
Why is this night so painful? 
 
- Ten Nights / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
I didn't go home and stayed at Momo's private resort. I still couldn't believe that this place was hers! 
 
Momo left me here and went to the suite. She said she was tired and wanted to sleep, so I let her go ahead. Hirai was worried about me and told me not to do crazy things and go inside when I want to. 
 
I removed my coat and let the cold breeze embrace my entirety.
 
Just this once, I thought. Let me feel the coldness of the night without you. 
 
I hugged myself when the wind started to move around me. The coldness of it sent chills to my spine. I wanted to cry, but my eyes didn't want to. 
 
I whispered 'I miss you' many times until I got contented. The moon was the only thing that illuminated the whole place; no lights could be seen. And it felt weird. 
 
This was definitely Momo's, she doesn't like bright places. 
 
I sprung up from my seat and immediately brushed the remaining sand off my shorts. I sighed after that. 
 
I walked towards the hotel. When I took the third step, a cold, cold wind came to embrace my whole body. My heart was pounding when I clutched my chest.
 
It was the time for my tears to go down from my tired eyes. I felt like someone was hugging me tightly through the cold air. My lips unconsciously flashed a sad smile. 
 
"Is that your way to say good night to me?" said I even if there's no one to talk to. 
 
I chuckled when another wind came. Am I feeling things right? I'm not going crazy, right? 
 
"I'll see you again in my dreams. I love you, Dahyun."
 
                                                                 ***
 
"Are you convinced that I own the place?" said Momo after she got out of her car. She walked to me with her hands in her pockets, flashing an annoying grin. 
 
Okay, that wasn't annoying. It was kinda cool.
 
"Nope," said I, popping the 'p'. 
 
She walked me to the porch of my house. Momo leaned over the railings. "Whatever," said Momo. "I'll send you the title with my name on it. I'll punch your nose if you still think that I'm joking." 
 
"Still won't buy it."
 
She rolled her eyes and slapped my arm. I playfully turned to her as I caress the stingy part of my arm.
 
"You sure you'll be fine?" 
 
I nodded and forced a smile. She tapped my shoulder and bid her goodbye for the last time. I watched her get inside her car and leave before entering the house that made me want to be homeless.
 
The creaking sound of the door made me feel so alone. I missed hearing the loud music blasting from the speakers before I go inside. I missed Dahyun's koala hugs that always welcomed me. I missed Dahyun. 
 
I opened the lights when I entered. The deafening silence of the house was slowly killing me and I didn't like it. I never did. 
 
I took a deep breath before walking to the kitchen. I badly needed a glass of water. 
 
My crazy mind expected to see Dahyun sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting for me to finish the food I was cooking. My grip on the glass immediately tighten after thinking about it. I couldn't stand this. 
 
I finished drinking the water and proceeded to the bathroom to wash my face with a cold water. Going home was never a good idea. It made me want to see Dahyun and avoid thinking about her at the same time. 
 
My head automatically bowed in front of the bathroom sink and open the faucet. The cold water started running and my hands never had a second thought about placing it on my face. The action was repeated for a few minutes until I got contented. 
 
I panted and gasped for an air as if I was being saved from drowning. My vision was getting blurry as I tried to get a towel. 
 
I managed to reach one and made my way to my favorite bean bag. A sigh was unconsciously heaved out after I sat. 
 
I closed my eyes and opened it after seeing her face with a beautiful smile plastered on it. My heart couldn't stop beating so fast and I hated it. 
 
I pressed the towel hard on my face. I was really frustrated with the god damn thoughts running in my mind. I wanted to punch my head for a million times, but I didn't want to go insane, albeit I was about to be one. 
 
The towel was about to get rip by my shaking hands when I heard a voice behind me. 
 
"Don't..."
 
My head immediately turned to where the voice came from, but I saw nothing. No one. 
 
The pace of my heart was getting fast. It made me sweat all over my body even though the house had two air conditioners. 
 
"Stop..."
 
This time, I turned to my right. I found nothing but the clean sofa under the wide window. I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter