Four

ten nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This night makes me want to pretend that it's nothing,
I just want to live like that
 
Whatever others say,
In the most splendid moments, 
We loved each other 
 
The mornings I hugged you, 
And the nights you leaned on me,
I will forget them all
 
- Ten Nights / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
My brown orbs cracked open slowly as the sun made them adjust from its light. 
 
I wandered around my room and knitted my eyebrows. Why am I here?
 
My mind automatically tried to recall things that happened last night. Club, Nayeon, Mina, and... Dahyun. 
 
 Wait, Dahyun?
 
Why the is she included?
 
I didn't know why I was thinking like that. I should be happy because I dreamed of her last night and the whole day when I lost my consciousness. 
 
The same scenario played inside my head like it was recorded. I tried to remember the rest of it, but it would become blurry. It was excruciating all of my energy and I hated it. 
 
I didn't move a muscle and stayed silent. What did I do to experience this crap? 
 
A deep sigh exited my body as a sign of frustration. This was one of the reasons why I didn't like to stay here; I would keep on thinking about her until I lost my mind and kill myself. 
 
I rolled over the bed and buried my face on the pillow. I screamed as loud as I could to release my frustrations. 
 
My breath hitched when I attempted to remember the dream. That's it. I couldn't do this. 
 
I went downstairs with a heavy feet. Every step I made was creating an unnecessary noise that echoed throughout the house. I halted before reaching the last step. My right foot reached the floor, avoiding the last step of the stair. 
 
I chuckled when I realized how pathetic I was. I was trying hard to make myself forget her, yet she's still the one that I wanted to see every day. 
 
The happenings last night entered my mind when I poured myself a glass of water. I gripped the glass tightly when Nayeon's voice echoed inside my head. How could she? 
 
Dahyun helped her when she was struggling with her projects. My girlfriend was keeping herself up all night when she couldn't find any other information regarding to Nayeon's needs. 
 
Even if she was having an attack, she insisted to finish it three days prior to the given deadline by Nayeon's boss. 
 
I wanted to help that time, but I couldn't because I was bombarded with many projects and I needed to travel to some places. I didn't have a single idea that Dahyun lost her consciousness in the middle of doing things. Good thing Mina told me about it. 
 
When Nayeon's presentation day came, Dahyun was the first person to encourage her and tell her good luck. My girlfriend couldn't stay put in our house and was pacing back and forth until 10 AM. 
 
Dahyun squealed when she heard good news. Nayeon's presentation was a success and she's going to be promoted to a higher position. 
 
She was there when Nayeon couldn't open her eyes because of too much tiredness. Dahyun was there when Nayeon couldn't move her fingers to edit the manuscript of her presentation. 
 
I was thinking why she said that. I couldn't help but wonder what was the reason. 
 
I drank my water and did my morning rituals before grabbing my wallet and keys. I unlocked my Lotus before dialing Momo's number. 
 
 "Where are you?" said I.
 
"My flat. You coming?"
 
"Nope. Let's meet at your private resort. I need to ask you things."
 
She didn't respond sooner and I heard nothing but her breath. Momo stayed silent; she's trying to figure out what I was going to ask. 
 
"I'm on my way."
 
                                                                  ***
 
I parked my car and turned off the engine. I unbuckled my seat belt but didn't leave my car. My phone rang two times before I answered the call. 
 
"You already there?" said Momo.
 
I nodded even if she wasn't going to see it. "I don't want to stay home." 
 
As if my answer was a good one, Momo considered it as an excuse. I told her about the dream when it first happened. She was the first person I called right after I woke up. I cried and cried until I fell asleep again. Momo knew I was afraid of what would happen if that thing continued. 
 
She didn't respond for a minute and I heard some voices of random people; she was probably entering her property. 
 
Ah, I was so insecure! I wanted to buy that place before I could totally forgot about it. I kept a mental note on myself that I would call my friend to buy it. It was just her rest house, after all.
 
I was thinking about how should I talk to the owner when Momo spoke from the other line. 
 
"On your left,"
 
She was standing at the left side of my car, keeping a few distance. Her hand waved at me and she flashed a soft smile. 
 
If I wasn't her best friend, I was probably one of those girls who were dying just to get her number. Damn, Hirai was a gender bender. 
 
I stayed inside for thirty seconds before I got outside. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter