Three

ten nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I count the ten nights even the stars have erased
 
I close my eyes, 
After today, tomorrow, I will promise to farewell 
 
I will try to let go of you like this
 
- Ten Nights / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
I never would have thought that alcohol would work at times like this. 
 
Or so I thought. 
 
Jihyo handed me my seventh glass of vodka. Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Mina, and Momo looked at me with their confused and disappointed faces. I ignored their piercing eyes and drank the bitter liquor. Nayeon clapped after that. 
 
"I told you, alcohol is all that you need," said Jeongyeon. The woman dragged me earlier to the bar counter and ordered me a glass of vodka. I refused it at first, but gave in when she said that it would help me forget about Dahyun for a while. 
 
Momo rolled her eyes after Jeongyeon said that. Chaeyoung put her phone inside her pouch and sprung up from her seat. The latter stormed off with her girlfriend, Tzuyu, and left an intense atmosphere.
 
I saw Mina fidgeting the hem of her oversized tee shirt as she stares at her feet. Momo scooted closer to Mina's side. I roamed my eyes around the area to avoid any eye contact with them. 
 
No one dared to utter a word. We were inside of a loud and chaotic place, but it felt like we were inside of a classroom with a terror professor and no one was allowed to open their mouths. 
 
"Why the hell are you guys acting like that?" Nayeon cried. She poured herself another shot of tequila and drank it straight without any lemon or salt. Her eyes were squeezed tightly. 
 
We heard an unexpected scoff coming from Mina. She raised her left brow before answering, "Let me ask you something, Nayeon," said Mina. The oldest opened her eyes and shifted her gaze at Mina. "Where were you last, last night?"
 
The question came fast and Nayeon didn't see it coming. Her lips automatically formed into a lopsided grin, it meant that she didn't like it. 
 
"I was at Dahyun's funeral," said Nayeon. "Why?"
 
 Mina crossed her arms on her chest. "Do you think tonight is the right time for this?" 
 
The oldest shrugged. "I don't know, but partying doesn't have a right time. It's perfect to do anytime."
 
The youngest had opened after that. And for the first time, we almost forgot that the two were girlfriends. The intensity of Mina's stare at her girlfriend was unstoppable, so I decided to take her out of Nayeon's reach. 
 
But before I could reach her arm, Nayeon butted in. 
 
"It wasn't big deal. Really. Dahyun just died and we've already cried our hearts out. We shouldn't be forever sad for her loss. Let's forget about her." 
 
My ears suddenly heard those weird noises after she spit out those words from as if I wasn't there. I balled my fist real tight, I was stopping myself from punching my own friend. 
 
At that moment, I experienced a difficulty with my breathing. Every breath I took were always deep and it hurts my heart. No any traces of incoming tears were made by my eyes. 
 
As if they were expecting my words, my mouth opened unconsciously. 
 
"Dahyun didn't ask you to be sad for her forever, but please, respect those people who are still having a hard time finding a way to get out of the sadness. Respect them for they are still having problems with their constant nightmares every single night," said I. "If you don't want to be sad or don't want to comfort those people, don't drag them in this never peaceful place and push them to be happy when they couldn't smile just to cheer up their selves."
 
I ended my moment by dragging Mina with me outside. I felt suffocated being with those people who I never would have thought felt that way ever since Dahyun died. Dahyun doesn't deserve it. 
 
As soon as we left the club, I exhaled longer than I used to. It felt like I was being strangled by them endlessly and I managed to get out from their tight grip. 
 
I leaned my hands on my sides and took a few deep breaths. I almost forgot about Mina, and I was startled when I felt her cold hand on my shoulder. 
 
"I'm sorry," said Mina. I gave her my reassuring smile before reclining my back against the window of my car. 
 
Meanwhile, Momo was left with Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo. She was keeping a quiet profile. The three were waiting for her to say anything. 
 
Momo uncrossed her legs and her action made an unnecessary noise that made them flinch a bit. She stood up, still maintaining her pose. 
 
"Make sure that the words that would come out from your mouths doesn't have the ability to create a deep wound on someone's heart. You are not allowed to take it back." said Momo as she looked at the other side, avoiding her friends' gazes.
 
After that, she left and followed the two outside. 
 
                                   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter