One

ten nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Ten Nights 
I will let you go 
One, Two, Three
Close your eyes 
 
I will erase you who sparkles,
Please bear with me for a few nights
 
- Ten Nights / MAMAMOO
 
                                                                  ***
 
I found myself sitting in front of her grave for the second time. The last day of her funeral was yesterday and earlier was the time to say goodbye to her, but my tongue wasn't able to utter those words.
 
I didn't want to. 
 
I was planning to stay in front of her grave but her mom stopped me, so I drove back to our house. The thought of expecting her to greet me with that sweet voice of hers when I entered the house was slowly killing me. I was not ready for this. 
 
Every side of the house was like a time machine as they project every memories I had with her. My heart could not take the bullets that were continuously striking my heart, so I left and found myself here.
 
Hearing her voice wherever I go was something that made my system to stop functioning. My body couldn't take the pain and suffering from that feeling was not included in the plan. I should be with her, going to our secret place and watching the sunset together. 
 
I leveled my knees with my face and buried it on my arms. The tears and sobs that were bound to be released were finally free. Those faint sobs were loud and those tears were flowing like a river. 
 
"I'm sorry, Dub," said I between the heavy sobs. "I can't do anything but to cry. I said I will be fine, but I don't know when. I'm sorry." 
 
I took a deep breath before crying again. The burden inside my chest wouldn't go away by crying out loud and I didn't know what to do. I felt so alone and helpless. 
 
My head was still buried as a cold hand made a contact with my skin. I flinched and looked up, only to find Momo. 
 
The cold wind blew up and that caused her hair to block her face, but it didn't make her look bad, rather she looked more beautiful. She took the spot on my right after placing the basket of sunflowers on her grave. 
 
"I knew you would go here and I wasn't wrong," said Momo without looking at me. Her gaze bored at the name engraved on the gravestone in front of us. I looked at it, too and felt my eyes watered. No, not again. "You didn't cry earlier."
 
"Why do you care?" said I. 
 
Momo shifted her gaze at me and scoffed before answering, "Please stop pretending that you're strong and let your--"
 
"Don't tell me what to do." 
 
I heard a frustrated sigh and I looked at the other side because I didn't know how to suppress my tears from coming out. The wind was the only thing that could be heard and I was afraid to say something that would only worsen the situation. 
 
I didn't want to say it back and pretend like a ing rock, when in reality, I needed a hug and a soft caress on my back as I cry hard on someone's shoulder. I needed to know if I could survive this feeling without getting myself killed. I wanted to know if I was fighting all by myself. 
 
My shoulder felt the heaviness of her head as she leans on it. Her hand reached mine and interlocked our fingers. 
 
And then a soft sob came out from her. 
 
"Could you please stop acting like you're okay?" said Momo using her cute voice. I didn't know if I should smile or cry. I did the former, nevertheless. "You're smiling. What made you smile?"
 
I didn't realize that she was looking up at me and saw the smile escaped from my lips. 
 
I chose not to answer her question and avoided the topic. I didn't want her to know the reason because she'll brag about it forever. 
 
"What's Dahyun like when you were together?" said I without even thinking about it. I might trigger a bad thing just by asking that question. 
 
Momo froze on her spot. She didn't move an inch as she thinks of an answer to my insensitive question. I realized that her eyelashes grew longer than the last time I saw her. 
 
Her head didn't left my shoulder and I was getting a good and closer view of her bare face. I scrutinized it and noticed the freckles under her eyes. She was closing her eyes and seemed to get preoccupied by my question. 
 
I was about to check out her natural and delicate red lips when it arched into a smirk.
 
"You would be jealous if I tell you about it," 
 
I stared at her with my bored eyes and let her laugh her off. She liked the way she annoyed me in front of her ex-girlfriend and my girlfriend. This motherer didn't choose a good place to joke around. 
 
She recovered from her laugh and composed herself when she noticed the daggers I threw to her. Momo cleared before answering. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter