619

Destiny.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein woke up from the loud blaring sound of her alarm, as she grabbed her phone to turn it off she also checked the time

 

8:00 AM

 

Why am I such an idiot? she thought, mentally scolding herself for not turning off her alarms during the weekends

 

She stretched out her limbs, hitting someone in the process. She suddenly retreated as she remembered that she was not alone. She looked beside her and admired Hyejin’s flawless body. Thankfully, she didn’t hit her hard enough to wake her up. She smiled to herself reminiscing what happened the night before. 

 

It was quite eventful, to say the least. 

 

She never thought that she’d come to a point in her life where she’d introduce a girl she’s seeing, not only to her best friend but also to her circle of friends. 

 

It’s very unlike her.

 

She rarely introduces anyone she’s dating because to be quite frank, she knew it won’t last to begin with. 

 

 

But something about Hyejin was different.

 

 

And Wheein knew that from the moment they met that she’d be more than just her casual hook up. 

 

It was a given that Hyejin was undeniably beautiful from head to toe. Wheein still remembers that tight black dress with lace detailing, perfectly hugging her curves. It's something you can’t easily forget. 

 

Maybe it was the way Hyejin effortlessly made conversation with her the first time they met. She seriously thought to herself that night how the girl never seemed to run out of topics to talk about.

 

She was also very confident with a strong personality. 

 

In fact, she was the one who approached Wheein at the bar first. Which was not new to Wheein but it was definitely not a normal occurrence. 

 

But it was her smile that caught Wheein’s attention, it was different. Not only was it endearing to see this strong and confident woman smile, almost like a child who was given a chance to pick any candy they’d like in a candy store, whenever she’d talk about topics she’s passionate or interested in but it was also highly contagious. There was something so pure and sincere in the way Hyejin would smile that would instantly make you smile as well. 

 

And that was exactly what Wheein needed in life. 

 

 

 

However, this wasn’t the only memory that stood out from yesterday’s events.

 

 

Yong. 

 

 

That thought alone made Wheein uneasy and tensed, sending shivers up her spine. 

 

It’s not that she had anything against Yong but she saw the impact and how broken Byul was when they broke up. She was uncomfortable with the idea that Yong suddenly appeared back in Byul’s life again, even more so now that Byul was doing so much better. She promised herself that she would never allow her best friend to experience something like that ever again.

 

She was tired of watching the people she loved get hurt because of love. From watching her parents constantly fight and separate at a young age to watching her best friend lose the love of her life that reached a point where she even thought Byul was a lost cause.  

 

For that, she would be forever grateful to Irene as she was one of the reasons why she saw her best friend smile again. 

 

Though she wasn’t always so fond of Irene.

 

Wheein suddenly remembered the time when Byul and Irene started to hang out a lot more often than usual.

 

and Wheein hated it. 

 

She actually remembered hating Irene a little bit because she got a little jealous that Irene was stealing all of Byul’s attention and she was not used to it. 

 

“So what you’re saying is that you’re jealous of Irene…?” Byul asked, trying her best to hold in her laughter as she looked Wheein. 

 

Wheein said nothing, she sat there in silence with her arms crossed, eyebrows furrowed and lips pursed. 

 

Byul couldn’t help it, she burst out laughing “Ooookay, Whee. Why are you jealous? Are you in love with me or something?!”

 

Wheein threw one of the pillows from the couch directly at Byul “No! as if. you’re not my type”

 

“So what is it then?” Byul asked as she sat beside Wheein on the couch

 

“You’re spending more time with her now… and not me! your best friend!” Wheein’s voice escalated as she emphasised the word best friend. 

 

“yah! you’re still my best friend and I’m spending time with you right now aren’t I??”

 

“Yeah but only because i begged! After i found out you went on an overnight trip to the beach we always go to!”

 

“wait wha- how did you know i was with Irene?!” Byul responded, shocked at the fact Wheein knew she was with Irene when she didn’t even tell the girl

 

“Take a wild guess on who could’ve told me” 

 

“Aish, Kang Seulgi!!”

 

“Yes! you know how much that ?! hearing you’re possibly seeing…DATING…someone without telling me?!” Wheein exclaimed at Byul emphasising the word ‘dating’ with worry visibly written all over her eyes

 

Byul knew exactly why Wheein was worrying so much. Especially when it came to dating. 

 

Byul took a deep breath, sighed and sat on the couch with Wheein

 

“Reason why i haven’t really said anything is because we're not officially dating…yet. There’s no label but she knows, she knows everything. We’re taking it slow”

 

“She’s different Whee. She’s like...i mean...She’s really…” she paused and looked at Wheein who was patiently waiting for her to continue

 

“She makes me really happy, something i haven’t genuinely felt in a very long time.” she smiled to which Wheein mirrored with understanding. 

 

 

Wheein stood up carefully from the bed as she shook her head at the memory with a smile. She got dressed in a plain oversized shirt and a pair of shorts, she looked at Hyejin who was still peacefully sleeping so she decided to not wake the girl up just yet. She carefully grabbed the end of the blanket and covered Hyejin’s exposed shoulders because the temperature in the room was quite cold.

 

She made her way to her kitchen and started brewing herself a cup of coffee. She grabbed her phone as she waited for it to finish, she went to her ‘Favourites’ contacts and clicked on Moonstar

 

It took a while till Byul picked up the phone, Wheein wasn’t surprised considering it wasn’t even 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday

 

“Hello” Byul’s groggy voice answered 

 

“Morning sunshine” 

 

“Wheein-ah, why are you up so early? actually, why are you calling me this early?!” the girl on the other line said in a low, almost close to a whisper, toned voice. Wheein assumed Irene was staying over and was still sleeping

 

“I forgot to turn off my alarm, anyways i have something to talk to you about”

 

“and telling me this couldn’t wait till later today when the rest of the world is awake??” 

 

“Ugh, fine. Let’s meet at Wendy’s cafe around 4 PM”

 

The line cut off without an answer, Wheein chuckled as she rolled her eyes setting her phone down and prepared her cup of coffee.

 

As she sat down, she thought of how she was going to approach the topic, well more like situation, about Yong to Byul. 

 

When Yong asked her if she could inquire about Eclipse Studios doing a promotional shoot for her cafe. It already clicked for Wheein that maybe Yong wanted to do this to get closer to Byul. Yet she wanted to give the girl the benefit of the doubt. 

 

She grabbed her coffee and sat down on the couch. She grabbed her laptop that was on the coffee table and opened Google to search up Yong’s cafe.

 

Windflower

 

There were no results of any social media. Just a website, which was plain and simple. 

Nothing else.

 

Interesting. Wheein thought as she immersed herself into searching more about the cafe and Yong. 

 

She found that it was established a year ago and already got recognised by multiple food critics. All reviews have been positive, about the cafe and Yong herself.

 

For a recognised cafe, it was like Yong never even thought about doing promotions and marketing online till yesterday when an opportunity was presented. A thought echoing through Wheein’s overthinking brain. 

 

As Wheein was finishing her cup of coffee she heard her bedroom door open and out popped Hyejin’s head looking for Wheein.

 

“Hey, can i use your shower and borrow some clothes? i forgot i have a dance rehearsal in two hours and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter