you.

Destiny.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the event was drawing to a close, Byul and Irene were saying their goodbyes to everyone when Byul and Yong briefly made eye contact. Yong wanted nothing more but to approach Byul and talk to her about anything and everything but she knew that she didn’t have the right to.

 

All through the evening, she would steal glances at Byul and Irene every now and then. She can’t help but have this nagging feeling of sadness and jealousy, but alas, she can’t do anything about it. So there she is watching the couple that looked like they were straight out of a romance movie. Giggling and laughing, occasionally having their sweet tender moments that no matter how hard Yong tried to look away or tried not to pay attention, she still ends up looking their way. 

 

As they made eye contact, Yong managed to put a small smile on her lips to which Byul acknowledged with a small nod before turning her attention back to her girlfriend. Yong then went to find Wheein as she didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye to her old friend. 

 

As she scanned the place, she found Wheein in one of the tables fixing and putting away her camera gears. Yong walked towards her direction and as she was walking she was suddenly reminded of her previous conversation with Byul about asking for her help with promotional pictures. 

 

Should she do it? she asked herself. 

 

Although a part of her said no because she didn’t want Irene to feel uncomfortable with the thought of her girlfriend working with her ex. Yet, a big part of her wanted to go for it. 

 

It’s just business anyway Yong convinced herself. 

 

“Hey, Wheein-ah” Yong greeted Wheein as she approached the girl. 

 

“Oh hey Yong”

 

“I just wanted to say goodbye before I left” She paused for a second, contemplating whether she should bring it up or just leave it.

 

“So, Byul mentioned how I should ask you for inquiries about promotional photos for my cafe”

 

 

The opportunity was already presented she might as well take it, besides Byul herself agreed. 

It’s worth the shot. 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

Once they arrived at Byul’s apartment, the couple was taking off their shoes placing it near the doorway when someone’s stomach growled, echoing loud enough to fill the silence in the room. 

 

Byul giggled “You hungry love?” she asked looking at Irene

 

“kinda..” Irene said in her small cute voice as she smiled shyly 

 

As they made their way to the kitchen, Byul grabbed her laptop and placed it on the kitchen island and sat on the stool. “What food do you want to order?” she asked as she was scrolling through the internet looking for food places that are open and delivers at this time. She looked up after a few seconds when Irene didn’t answer her and found Irene looking through her cupboards with a scrunched puzzled face. She watched the petite woman find something interesting in one of the cupboards but was placed a little higher than what she can reach. Byul tried to hold in her laughter and watched how her girlfriend struggled to reach for the item on the high shelf. 

 

She silently made her way behind Irene “Need help?” Byul said in a low, husky toned voice, effectively startling her girlfriend. Irene jumped and shrieked out of instinct, turning around to smack Byul lightly in the arm. 

 

“Not funny” she said with a frown on her face 

 

“N’awww is my baby mad” Byul said in a baby voice, wrapping her arms around Irene’s head, hugging her tightly 

 

“am not a baby” Irene retorted, her voice muffled as her face was buried in Byul’s chest

 

Byul laughed as she pulled away, releasing the slightly grumpy woman from her arms.

 

“What we’re trying to reach for?” Byul asked as she helped fix the hair away from Irene’s face

 

“I’m craving ramyun and I saw the red packets up there” Irene said with a slight pout on her lips

 

“A simple girl” Byul smiled sweetly, lightly pinching Irene’s cheeks and went on to reach for the two packs of ramyun noodles “Go sit, I’ll make them” Byul said as she kissed her forehead, tapping the girls lightly urging her to go sit down. 

 

Irene watched Byul with curious eyes, not because she’s curious about what she’s doing but because she’s curious as to why the topic of Yong’s sudden appearance hasn’t been brought up yet. She’s reluctant to bring it up first as she knew it was a sensitive and touchy topic, but at the same time, she knew that they were both secure enough in the relationship that topics like this are something they both can talk and open about with ease. 

 

 

Even though Irene’s experience in love and relationships in general is lacking, as Byul was her first everything, she has experience in loving and caring for Byul. They understood each other and were always on the same page. If one had a problem they would address and resolve it quickly. They were friends for a year before they started their relationship, this created a strong foundation as they were there to help each other grow and in Byul’s case move on and learn to love someone and herself again. It wasn’t the friendship per se that made their foundation strong but more so the learning curve both of them had to go through. 

 

For Irene, this being her first relationship, she had no basis on what she should and shouldn’t do. On top of that, the person she was falling for was still moving on from a person they loved so deeply. It’s no surprise that in the early stages of their relationship she was very insecure that her love would not amount to what Yong gave Byul or worst, Byul won’t love her in the same intensity as she did with Yong. This was something Byul herself had to learn as well in the early stages of their flourishing relationship. Byul, knowing she was starting to have feelings for Irene, insisted they should remain friends and take one step at a time. This was by far one of the best decisions she had made because during the process she not only learnt how to love again but with Irene’s help she learnt how to love herself again. Be the better person she knew can be, that she lost when she and Yong broke up. Byul in return made sure that Irene would feel the love and security she yearns. 

This balance between them has kept their relationship healthy for two years.

 

 

 

Irene sat there pensively as she recalls the memories of when they first met. 

 

 

Irene took a deep breath and walked inside the glass doors of Eclipse Studios. She was twenty minutes earlier than the time she was scheduled in for, this was because she was nervous. This is one of the first big projects she was offered and she didn’t want to mess it up. Luckily, Seulgi, her close friend who was also a model, said that the photographer was the owner of Eclipse Studios and one of her close friends as well. 

 

 

As she walked up to the receptionist, her nerves started to calm down and after she was checked in she was led to one of the studios that had a full photography set ready. The receptionist told her to help herself with drinks and snacks that were set up on the table at the left side of the room. 

 

 

She made her way to the table and grabbed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter