episode three

같이 일몰을 볼래? (Would you watch the sunset with me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi is relieved, when she takes the road again, that it is now a bright morning of a new week. She did have difficulty sleeping that night, but Yuna remained on her mind and she held a thankful heart since. The warmth of Yuna's fingers gripping tightly onto hers never once left.

She is startled when she sees the very person that she has just been on her mind. “Yuna sunbaenim?”

She watches as Yuna smiles, standing at the bend into the main road, waving towards her. “Eunbi,” she calls out with a sheepish smile.

“What are you doing here?” Eunbi breaks into a small run approaching Yuna.

“I…” Yuna her lips, “I wanted to see you. I hope you're okay, I’m really sorry it was my fault we went back really late that day—”

Troubled by the fact that Yuna is blaming herself, on top of her thoughtful actions towards Eunbi, she roughly cuts Yuna off in hopes of changing her mind. “Sunbaenim, please, it really isn’t your fault,” Eunbi’s voice drops to a solemn tone. “Please don’t apologise anymore.”

Yuna dips her head, biting her lower lip. “Okay.”

Eunbi grimaces. “I wouldn’t have wanted it to happen as well, if it was you.”

Yuna blinks.

Eunbi, too, is surprised by her own words, but believes in the conviction of her tone. Now, she tells herself, I’m not going to be haunted by what happened that night anymore. She knows it isn’t easy but with Yuna it’s possible.

“Let’s get to school,” she says, her lips curving into a smile that conveys her gratitude for Yuna.

 

 

Eunbi turns, confused, when Juyeon pokes her shoulder. “You have anything got to do with the prospective council president, besides sharing the same name?”

Eunbi tilts her head and furrows her eyebrows, “No?”

Juyeon’s finger point towards the end of the corridor. Eunbi turns to see the senior in question walking towards the two of them.

“Hwang Eunbi,” to hear her name in such a sharp tone almost causes her to jump. The nametag on her uniform helps Eunbi identify the person before her as Jung Eunbi. The name rings a bell, but Eunbi is anxious about running late for track training.

“I’ll go first, see you downstairs,” Juyeon smiles, and Eunbi nods.

“You know, why don’t you run for the student council too?” Jung Eunbi asks when they are left alone. 

“Me? Why?” Eunbi answers with eyes so large they speak louder than her voice.

“I noticed, you were one of the candidates for the speaker for the inauguration ceremony, but you turned it down, didn’t you?” 

“That… That doesn’t mean anything about why I should run,” Eunbi replies rather softly, not raising her head.

“Come on, the teachers recommended you. They said you were the class president for all your three years in middle school, and that you were involved in the student council as well,” Jung Eunbi persists.

Eunbi is fidgety as she frets, “Look, I’m honoured, but I have to go for training now—”

“I give up!” Jung Eunbi renders defeat. “Look," she drags on her speech, "don’t you remember me?”

Eunbi takes a step back when Jung Eunbi comes too close.

Eunbi looks a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter