episode five

같이 일몰을 볼래? (Would you watch the sunset with me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuna sunbae?” Eunbi turns around and is pleasantly surprised.

“Eunbi yah,” Yuna has a smile on her lips, her voice soft on Eunbi’s ears as she holds the umbrella above both their heads. “Forgot your umbrella?”

“I don’t really like bringing one around,” Eunbi sheepishly says.

“Lazy,” Yuna wriggles her eyes, after which they share a laughter that warms them up in the cold rain. “Let’s go home?”

“Okay,” Eunbi smiles, her eyes twinkling.

From the doors to the school building, Jung Eunbi watches them with eyes she does not know are glaring.


 

Eunbi feels her heart thumping in her chest as their sides are pressed against each other in the narrow space under Yuna’s umbrella. 

Yuna, knowing that Eunbi has been stealing anxious glances every few seconds, suppresses the growing smile in her lips as her heart clenches at the thought of how adorable the junior is. Still, as considerate she is, Yuna extends her arm as she grips onto the umbrella and holds it firmly over Eunbi.

Realising the act of concern, Eunbi frowns, “Don’t just shelter me. It’s my fault we have to share an umbrella—”

Her sentence is left unfinished when a bicycle whisks by, and Yuna pulls Eunbi over. Losing hold of the umbrella, it falls to the ground, while water from puddles on the ground splashes onto Yuna’s uniform when the bicycle rides into them.

The two find themselves soaked, Eunbi wearing a fretful and apologetic expression, and Yuna a softened smile on her lips at Eunbi’s reaction. 

“I’m sorry we’re all wet,” Eunbi’s voice is distressed, writ with guilt, as she hastily picks the umbrella up and holds it above their heads.

Yuna shakes her head, “Are you alright? That was dangerous.”

“Right,” the shock returns to Eunbi, when she recalls the treacherous situation from moments ago. “I’m okay,” she takes a brief look at herself, “and you?”

“I’m good too,” Yuna says.

“No,” Eunbi shakes her head, “You’re soaked. Why did you have to do that for me?”

When silence falls, Eunbi realises that her question is needless. The agreement is mutual.

“Let’s get you home and warm,” Yuna says next, with some assertion.

“Should you stay for a little at my place until the rain stops?” Eunbi suggests, with boldness much to both their surprise. “You can change into some of my clothes, if that’s alright with you.”

Yuna blinks. “That is,” she nods, “let’s get us to your home quickly.”

As they both grip onto the umbrella over their heads, Eunbi learns with the touch of Yuna’s soft hands on hers that Yuna has slowly melted away the ice walls of insecurity she has built around her heart.


 

When they arrive at Eunbi’s home, they are greeted by her mother, startled by their drenched uniforms, who immediately produces them a towel each. “Stay till the rain stops,” Eunbi’s mother has the same suggestion, “Eunbi, let her change into some of your clothes.”

“I’m sorry you’re all wet because of me!” Eunbi mutters when they are in her room, still full of guilt, “Is this okay for you?” she holds up a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. 

“It’s okay, really,” Yuna tries to convince the younger, “and these are good. Thank you.”

“No, I’m sorry,” Eunbi utters when she hands them over.

“Eunbi,” Yuna breathes, taking the apparel from Eunbi’s hands, “stop apologising.”

Eunbi purses her lips together, and dips her head, to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter