episode two

같이 일몰을 볼래? (Would you watch the sunset with me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is it just you today?” the voice seems to light up a bulb at the back of Eunbi’s head as soon as she hears it.

“Well, perhaps.”

“Where are your friends? Skiving off?”

“I don’t know, they might have already left the school…” 

Yuna wrinkles her nose. “That’s bad, you’ve only been with us for a month,” she states before chuckling.

“Alright, it feels like the rest are gonna be late today, so maybe we can start warming up first,” Miyeon says when she walks over with a file in her hands. 

When Eunbi remains silent, Yuna adds, “It’s homeroom today for us second-years, and we’re just lucky our homeroom teacher is a young one.”

Eunbi’s mouth forms an ‘o’ shape. “I see.”

When Miyeon looks up from the file, presumably to be taking attendance, her eyes meet with Yuna’s and Yuna releases a chuckle. “Eunbi says the other girls might have left.”

With a hand on her hip, Miyeon furrows her eyebrows, before shaking her head and releasing a sigh. “Well, warm-up jog around the track first, we’ll focus on PT later today.”

“PT?” the girls hear Sujeong groaning from afar, before spotting her approaching them. They share a hearty laughter.

 

 

Yuna watches as Eunbi packs up and is about to leave alone. A tugging feeling on her heart urges her not to let that happen. 

“I’ll get going first,” she tells the other second-years, before the exchange waves of goodbye and smiles. She slings her bag by her shoulder and breaks into a short jog.

Eunbi is surprised to see Yuna walking with her when the latter catches up. Her cheeks flush red. “Yuna sunbaenim,” she plainly calls, before a smile starts to creep on her lips.

Yuna flashes a smile, the smile that Eunbi loves seeing. “Going home?”

“Yea,” Eunbi nods.

“Do you stay around here?” 

Their footsteps stop when they realise that they’ve spoken at the same time. They fall silent, surprised, until they break into laughter at their synchrony. 

“Yeah, down this road till the river, cross the bridge, then a bit more,” Yuna points as she speaks.

Eunbi’s eyes widen. “Same.”

“Really?” Yuna chuckles.

“Yeah,” Eunbi laughs along.

“We can walk together,” Yuna smiles.

“Yes,” Eunbi nods, I was hoping you would say that, she does not have the courage to say.

They leave the school gates side by side, an awkward yet comfortably small distance between both of them. No one speaks; they let the minimal bustle of the countryside town on a Friday evening cover their silence.

Eunbi hangs her head low, wary about the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter