The start of US

Kapler

The crew were on dinner break when the discussion of how to spend one’s day off was brought up.

“I’ll go to the gaming parlour!” Do Hwan said enthusiastically. “Hyung, we should go play together.” He looked at Min Ho with a pair of earnest eyes, waiting for him to say yes.

Min Ho gave him a dry laugh. “I’m a gamer, but I don’t go gaming parlous. Sorry…”

“What about you Go Eun sshi? What will you do?” Min Ho turned and asked his co-star.  

“Uhmm…Probably go visit my nephew and niece? I haven’t seen them for a while…” Go Eun replied, sipping her ice coffee in between.

“Hyung, what will you do?” Do Hwan asked, he’s been very keen to hang out with Min Ho ever since they started shooting the drama together. He’s a big brother who looks after everyone and has a great personality.

“I haven’t thought about it. Maybe…. Sleep it off?” he shrugged.

As the crew gradually head back to their work after the dinner, Min Ho caught up with Go Eun. “Go Eun sshi, erm.. I know you might visit your nephews next week, but if you do have some spare time, you wanna go camping in the evening?”

“Camping?” Go Eun stopped in her tracks, her ears perked up upon the word ‘camping’. She’s always wanted to go for one. Either she doesn’t have the time, or her friends aren’t keen to go.  

“Sounds good sunbaenim. So it’s next Tuesday evening?” she agreed readily.

“Nae. I’ll pick you up at Do Hwan’s apartment complex. Wait at the carpark, 5pm.”

 

It was almost 5pm when a black Land Rover drove into the basement carpark and stopped in front of Go Eun.

“Annyeong Go Eun sshi.” Min Ho got out of the car, and opened the passenger side of door for Go Eun. Go Eun was taken aback. “Nae.. kamsahamida subaenim.”

“Do Hwan isn’t here yet…”

“Ah.. he isn’t joining us. He decided to go to the gaming parlour instead.” Min Ho replied with a straight face, driving off. Why would Do Hwan join, he didn’t have the intention to ask him in the first place.

As they drove out of Seoul, with the background playing TKEM ost songs, the couple started chatting about their favourite foods, favourite holiday destinations, goals they would like to achieve in life. It was a nice, easy evening drive between two people who are comfortable with each other.

“What would it take you to call me oppa?” asked Min Ho suddenly, giving Go Eun a quick gaze. This has been a question Min Ho been meaning to ask. He doesn’t want to scare her, but calling him ‘sunbae’ feels too distant, he really wants to shorten this personal gap.

“I…..don’t.. know..” came the stammer.

“Ahraso…take your time” giving Go Eun a pat on her shoulders.

 

“And here we are!” announced Min Ho. It was 6pm when they arrived at the beach for some camping. Hues of orange stretched far and wide, clouds looked like cotton-candy and the sea waves gently washing up the shore.

“Waaaa… yepuuda..” Go Eun gushed at the beautiful sight, as she hopped out of the car.

They were at a very quiet part of the beach with nobody around except them. Min Ho started to unload the camping paraphernalia with Go Eun quickly coming to give him a hand.

“You must have done this pretty often, sunbaenim.”

“Ah ni. This is my first.” He chuckled.

“What?!” Go Eun couldn’t help but showed her surprise.

“Hahaha. We can help each other, we’ll have fun.”

The two started to barbeque the meats over the fire, and went into small talks. 

“Go Eun sshi.. I like you.”

Min Ho cut to the chase and declared his fondness for her.

“I know this is very sudden but, I didn’t want to miss any chance or opportunity being with you. I don’t ask you to feel the same towards me. I don’t need an answer now, but if you somehow feel comfortable being with me, perhaps you can consider us?”

Min Ho gulped. He’s getting nervous because Go Eun isn’t showing any response, she’s exhibiting the always calm and collected side of her.

He continued.

“I know it will be difficult. The public eyes, the comments, the busy schedules, and the little time we might have to spend together. It will not be easy, but I hope you are willing to give us a try.” He said in all earnestness.

The air around them felt still even with the cool sea breeze.

“Sunbaenim, umm.. Let’s try us.” Go Eun looked up and smiled.

“If it’s going to happen 2 weeks later, 1 year later or even 5 years later, I don’t see why we can’t try it now. Us will happen sooner or later.”

That night, Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun started – US.

=================

I wonder when days are dry, and spring waters are needed, where do i get them. I don't know how long this fanfic will go on, but i'll try. I believe in the act of trying. hahaha. there's always a result when you try, whether favourable or not. It's very similar to the situation i see in MinEun couple. :)

This is one of the toughest chapter, where i find difficulty in writing. Writing has never been my forte, but if you can see here, the key is in the last 10 sentences. 

Have a happy weekend my dear readers. Thank you for reading, that's the best encouragement you can give to a author(?) hahaha.