Episode 10

Kapler

KAPLER

NOUN

A small crater in the NW quadrant of the moon, centre of a large bright ray system

 

 

Chapter 1

“I love you.”

 “I am deeply in love with you.”

He took a step forward, leaned in and kissed his co-star deeply. Tears streamed down his cheeks.

He could feel her warm tears, his heart pounding, her hands holding his.

After what seems a long while, “CUT!”, the director shouted. Lee Min Ho drew back the kiss, and took a step back. All the staff were holding their breath, and finally started bustling around, after hearing “CUT”.  Lee Min Ho took a glimpse at Kim Go Eun, whose eyes are red and wiping away her tears. “Are you alright?” he asked softly.

Kim Go Eun nodded.

He knew such scenes are hard, it’s draining on the physical and mental being of an actor. You run through the scripts, the little details that will make up a 1 minute scene, and of course, getting into character and feel the despair of separation.

“We’ll take a 30min break before Go Eun sshi will start her next scene.” The young PD ran up to them and informed.

Kim Go Eun walked to the side, away from all the hustle. Her expression still heavy. She took in sips of the cold winter air, and breathed out the pent up emotions that were still lingering around. “Unnie, you’ll need to touch up your make up for the next scene.” Her make-up artist ran up to her.  “Na jun eh, Ji Ae ya.. give me 15 minutes.” Go Eun pleaded.

Lee Min Ho who was on the other side, kept his gaze on Kim Go Eun, whilst his minders fussing around him. Handing him his winter coat, gloves, heat pack and ice coffee. He understands what Go Eun is going through. And she’ll need some time to be alone.

Before the next scene started, Min Ho walked up to Go Eun, passed her his heat pack. Without saying anything, Min Ho gave gentle pats on Go Eun’s back. Go Eun knows how much this silent encouragement meant to her.  

 

That night, Min Ho, lay in the warmth of his bed. Flashes of today’s Go Eun flew across his mind. The Go Eun that he hasn’t seen before. He knew she is a fantastic actress, but the last scene took his breath away. As an onlooker, he shed a tear and quickly wiped it away, slightly embarrassed. That’s how much emotions Go Eun brought and carried with her.

Still remembering 7 months ago when his noona informed, “Min Ho ya… you’ve landed the lead role in The King. They’ve just called to inform. Chukkahae. Shooting will start in a month’s time. Actors will meet next week for script reading.”

Min Ho looked up from his phone. “Noona, what about the lead actress? Who will play the role of Jung Tae Eul?” Working co-stars are important. He needed someone that could bring out the best in him, considering he hadn’t acted for 2 years while in the military.

“That lady who acted in Goblin.. now, what’s her name again?” Lee Min Ho’s sister, Yun Jeong asked, swiping her tablet.

“Noona, it’s Kim Go Eun. How could you have forgotten her name? She is such a good actress.” Min Ho exclaimed and slightly exasperated, but beaming from ear to ear, because he has always wanted to work with Kim Go Eun, especially after watching her on 'Chinatown' . Finally, it will realise in a week’s time!