Chapter 5: Please, Wake Up

One Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon's POV 

(The night after their picnic)

I was driving home after dropping Minjoo off her house. It was a calm ride home since it was already late out. 

 

While driving, I remembered about Minjoo being happy earlier. Even though Gunsan didn't make the tour list, she was happy she got to spend time with me. I smiled at the thought. 

 

I also remebered the shooting star from earlier and Minjoo asking me to wish. 

__________________

Flashback: (From Earlier)

"Make a wish, hurry." Minjoo told me as I looked at her and gave her a small laugh. Even though I find it ridiculous, I closed my eyes and wished. There was one thing on my mind that time. I was thinking of wishing for love. 

 

I gathered my thoughts together and wished, 'I wish, love could give me a chance. A chance to love someone who will love me back." I opened my eyes slowly as I finished making my wish. 

 

I then looked at Minjoo's side and saw her with her eyes closed, hands together still making a wish. Looking at her makes me like her even more. The way she looks even gorgeous from this angle, the way her eyes are closed so cutely, and not to mention her hands looking really soft while they are clasped together.

 

Looking at her, it made me thought of something. I know I believe that this shooting star wishes never work, but there was still a part of me hoping it would come true. Hoping that love could really give me a chance. Hoping that Minjoo will be the one to give me a chance. 

__________________

A few more minutes, I already reached home. Because it was already late I knew no one would be awake at this hour. I grabbed the house key from my bag and used it to open the door. Seeing that no one else is awake with all the lights off, I went straight ahead to my room. 

 

I entered my room and quickly went to the bathroom to wash up. After washing up, I changed into my pajamas and went to sleep. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Although the happenings from earlier kept me awake. I couldn't sleep even if I tried my best to tune out my thoughts. 

 

"Ahh, screw it." I tell myself as I got up and got my phone, ready to call Yuri. 'Maybe she's already asleep by now'. I thought as I looked at the clock to see it was already 11:45 pm. 

 

Because of that, I've decided to tell Yuri about it tomorrow before I go and head to Minjoo's place. Again, I couldn't sleep. Feeling unsettled, I got my phone and called Yuri anyways. I didn't even think twice if she was still awake or not. 

 

Yuri picked her phone up after a few rings. "Yul, you still up?" I asked her. "I'm up now thanks to you. What's so important that you called at this hour anyway?" She asked me grumpily. 

 

"To tell you the good news, I've finally decided to confess to Minjoo. Tomorrow, maybe." I tell her with a hint of enthusiasm in my voice. "Finally, but what urged you to do so?" She asked me. 

 

"Well, you see..." I fill her in about earlier. About how Minjoo was thanking me for cheering her up, how she told me to tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter