Chapter 12: D-Day

One Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo's POV

The concert day came really quick as we were now already in the concert venue in Seoul. I've never been to any concert venue before so all of this was new to me.

 

I was trying to put the mic on me but it seemed like I didn't know how it works. It has a long wire which I'm not sure where it's supposed to be placed. I tried putting it behind my back while putting the mic in front. It ended up being tangled than the mic being on me.

 

"Here, let me help you with that." Someone from behind me said. I figured the voice belonged to Yujin.

 

My body immediately froze but I managed to hand her the mic. "So, how are you doing?" She asked me. "About being in the venue and all."

 

I thought for a good second before answering, "Surprisingly, I'm doing fine. It's our first time in a concert venue but I feel fine. Can't wait to perform." I told her, faking enthusiasm.

 

Yujin held my shoulders and made me face her. "If you ever need something, you can ask me for help." She gave me a smile as I nodded. "I will."

 

--

 

My palms were literally sweating even if we were just about to start rehearsals. We arrived at the venue at 9am to start rehearing. The concert wasn't going to start until 5pm and there'll be a mini fan meet at around 2pm which made us arrive to the venue a lot earlier than expected.

 

I was shaking my hands to get rid of the sweating. We were standing on the stage as rows and rows of seats were in front of us. I imagined what it would look like if they were people there. Thinking of that made me even more nervous.

 

"Places everyone." I heard one of the staff said. The opening song for the concert was AYAYAYA. I've been studying every move since the very first day of rehearsal to get it right.

 

As the song played, I felt my body moving to the rhythm. Every move, every change in formation, I nailed it. I didn't really knew I would pull this off. I tried dancing it once in front of Yuri and it was bad, real bad. That's why I didn't try to dance it in front of anyone anymore. Well, except for today since I really need to dance. What kind of performer am I if I wouldn't dance?

 

Song after song, our rehearsals continued. "Okay!" I heard our manager called. "That's it for rehearsals. You girls go ahead and take a break. The fan meet will start in two hours.

 

Everyone was literally catching their breath, same as me who has never done something like this. The staff gave us water as we all sat down on the couches backstage.

 

"Nice work, everyone." Eunbi unnie said at the tired girls in front of her. Everyone cheered weakly as I continued d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter