•Chapter 4• Urgent Phone Calls

Tame The Dog In Him (EXO Fanfic)

{DAISY}

"Sis! I'm back home!"

I jolted awake, jerking my head up from the pillow.

Miyoung's back.

And she's going to wonder why I was in her room.

Gasp.

Baekhyun!!

Quickly, I got out of bed and went out in the hallway to sneak into my bedroom.

I can't let her see him.

I went in and to my surprise, he wasn't there.

Instead, there was an adorable corgi lying on my bed, fast asleep.

"Morning. Wanna grab some breakfast on our way to the dance studio? I came early so we've got plenty of...time," Miyoung was saying, until she stopped and stared at the intruder on my bed.

"Awww, cute!!," she squealed, running inside to get a closer look.

"How did this happen? Where did you find this cutie?," she asked me.

"Found him out in the rain, all alone. I felt bad for the poor little guy so I brought him home with me," I explained to her.

"You're such a sweetheart," she affirmed, very convinced.

She pet his head, and I felt relieved knowing he changed back in time before she discovered the truth.

"Does he have an owner?"

I shook my head.

"Not that I know of. I got him that collar not long ago," I lied.

She checked the name tag on the collar.

"Cinnabon. What a cute name. Did you have this made yesterday?," she inquired.

"It didn't take long for them to finish his name tag. I picked from the collars they had there. This color looked nice on him, so I went with red," I explained to Miyoung.

"But..do you think mom and dad will let us keep him? The tag even has our address and your phone number," Miyoung asked, worriedly looking at the back of his name tag.

"I don't think they'll mind. I'm almost 18 now. I think I'm ready to have a pet," I told her, hoping I sounded convincing.

She shrugged.

"Well, you make a good point. But remember, this is their house. They make the call. Let's hope they'll say yes," she said, crossing her fingers.

She walked out of my room and I looked over at Cinnabon.

He needed me.

And I wasn't about to kick him out, so I had to convince my parents to let him stay here.

"He looks so cute when he's sleeping," I giggled.

Suddenly, his eyes shot open, taking me by surprise.

He yawned, his cute muzzle opening wide, then closing back again after standing up and shaking his head.

He turned to look at me and grunted.

"Good morning to you too," I answered.

He hopped off the bed, and was about to go out the door, but I stopped him.

"Wait. I need to tell you before you go."

He turned his head back and waited expectantly.

"My sister is here. So.. Just don't do anything suspicious. My parents won't be home for two weeks, so we have all that time to try to break your curse. If you're not back to your normal self by then, I'll convince them to let me keep you to buy us time," I explained to him.

He turned back around and left my room.

"Thanks for listening," I mumbled, walking out after him.

"Awwwwww, look who just woke up, ready to play and have fun," my sister cooed from the kitchen.

She filled a bowl with water, then set it down on the floor.

"Are you hungry? I'll go to the store really quick and buy you some dog food."

She then turned to me.

"I'd tell you to go, but you're not even ready yet. Hurry up and get dressed," she said, rushing me.

"I will. Oh, and can you buy him some pee pads? So he won't have any accidents while we're out," I told her.

"Yeah, sure thing."

She left, and I took that chance to go take a shower and change into a new set of clothes.

Miyoung came back from her trip to the store, and showed me what's in the shopping bags.

"I got him dog food, some dog treats, pee pads, a squeaky toy, these cute sweaters, a dog bed-," she started saying, before I cut her off.

"Wait, slow down. I only told you to buy him food and pee pads. Wha- what is all this? Did you buy the whole pet section of the store?," I asked, incredulous.

"Oh oh, and look. I even got him his own matching food and water bowls. I was thinking of writing his name on them later," she said, excitedly.

I sighed.

Doesn't she think she's spoiling him too much?

"I got us breakfast on my way back. It's your favorite," she pointed out.

She put down something on the table.

"You brought McDonald's? Thanks, sis. You're the best," I thanked her, hugging her.

We ate our breakfast, and fed Cinnabon his food in his new dog bowl.

"Okay, Cinnabon. We're leaving you alone for a few hours. Try not to trash the place, got it? We'll leave you some food here for when you get hungry," Miyoung smiled, petting Cinnabon.

I stifled a laugh.

Oh, if only she knew.

She was pampering one of her favorite male idols of all time, and she had no idea.

Man, she'd be so embarrassed.

We got in the car and drove to the dance studio Miyoung and I practiced at on the weekends, apparently.

I'm pretty sure it was just her, because I was anything but a good dancer.

Of course, she had fake memories implanted in her to make her think we've been practicing together since last year.

We arrived just outside the dance studio, when I heard my phone go off.

Miyoung looked over at me, and I was hesitant to answer because it was an unknown number.

She raised her eyebrow, but I smiled awkwardly as I picked up and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Am I speaking to Ms. Bae?"

Wait, this person knows my fake last name. Why were they calling me?

"Yes, this is her speaking."

"We called to let you know that you start your training today in exactly thirty minutes. You need to head over to the SM Ent. building right now."

Oh crud.

"Yes! Yes! I'm on my way there now. I'll be there right away, don't worry," I assured the person on the other line.

"Make sure not to be late. Goodbye."

Then the line went dead.

I turned to look at Miyoung and gave her an apologetic smile.

"I'm so sorry, sis. I just remembered I have somewhere I need to be," I said, taking off my seatbelt and scrambling to get out of the car.

"What? You just- Get back here and explain yourself," Miyoung said, after I opened the door and hopped out of her car, running like a maniac to get to a bus stop.

I hoped she wouldn't follow me.

She can't know what kind of deal I made with that girl.

Luckily, I made it to the SM Ent. building with time to spare and went to look for the director who would explain to me how my schedule was going to look like.

The nice secretaries at the reception desk told me where to find him and directed me to his office.

I went in the elevator and had it take me up to the floor his office was located at, and when I got there I didn't walk too far when I found his office.

He gave me my training schedule, which said that I'd be doing  my training would be afterschool during the week, and on the weekends training would be in the mornings , because of my studies.

During the week my training was from 6pm to 11pm, and on the weekends it was from 9am to 11pm.

So I asked myself.

Why did you agree to this?

You already have too much on your plate with school, you can't even dance, you don't really know if you're that good at singing, and to top it all off, you had another person to worry about, I thought, as I remembered who I left back home.

I bowed my head, excusing myself then left his office to find my instructors.

Why did I have the feeling this was going to be a long day?

 

__________________

 

Ugh.

My body is aching all over.

How do people even handle doing all of that exercise for 14 hours straight in one day?

Forget my P.E. classes in high school.

This was a whole another case on it's own.

And to just think, that I still had to do this for a whole year.

Because today was my first day, the training took longer than it was meant to be, especially with the orientation and all the guidance I had to be given so I would know my way around and get to know the place as well as their system.

It was 6pm, and I had to get home before Baekhyun changed back again or who knows what could happen.

When I got home, I hurriedly took off my shoes, walking up to my room to check if his transformation has happened yet.

On my way there, I saw Miyoung coming out of my room.

"Oh, Miyoung. Hey, sorry about earlier, I just really-"

"Don't worry about it. I understand. We all have important things to do and I can't just tell you not to go," she said, smiling understandingly.

"Thanks, sis. Where's Cinnabon?," I asked, concerned.

"I just went to check on him. He seemed to not like getting all my attention I guess, so he won't come out of your room. He already ate so no worries," she assured.

"Oh, okay. Thanks, Miyoung-ah," I thanked her.

She walked away, and I breathed out in relief.

I opened the door, and saw Cinnabon running in circles, chasing his non existent tail before I witnessed him light up and start to transform, the light blinding me so I turned to look away.

When I turned back to see him, I wasn't looking at my corgi, but at a male kpop idol.

"About time you got here. That lady outside was smothering me to death, I couldn't take it anymore so I ran away here to take shelter," he complained, gagging.

"Sorry, I was taking care of other urgent matters," I told him, bowing my head.

He scoffed.

"Urgent matters? Like what could be more important than me? I'm your responsibility, remember? You're supposed to make me your first priority, not yourself."

"I said I was sorry."

Can't I attend to my personal business too? I also have important things like school and training to worry about.

"Shouldn't I at least have the right to make time for my personal business? I had to go to my training today-"

"Look here, missy. I don't need you to give me that s**t. You're just a dumb girl. You don't know anything. Are you someone important? No, you're not. I'm a world famous celebrity. I get paid millions to have people see me at concerts and buy my albums. And you?"

He turned to look me up and down before laughing in a mocking way. 

"You're just a nobody."

I gulped.

That really hit home.

And that hurt. A lot.

 It took all I had in me not to break down crying right then and there.

"I'm the boss here, and I give the orders. Not you. So you either listen to me or get the hell out of my face."

I stood there with my mouth agape.

I frowned.

"You know what? I think I see why you got yourself in this mess. If this is the way you treat people, there's obviously something wrong here. And I don't mean with them. You're the problem. You wanna know what I think? Instead of criticizing me, you should be fixing that attitude of yours instead of trying to change everyone else around you. No one is going to like you for being such a rude person with no manners. How anyone could be so selfish and conceited as you is beyond me. Y-you, you're such a jerk!! You insolent prick!!," I ranted, yelling the last two sentences.

Baekhyun looked over at me incredulous.

"What did you call me?!"

He was practically fuming, his ears turning red.

"You little b**ch!!"

Out of anger, he knocked over my music box on the nightstand, which was the only thing I had left from my late mother.

My dearest possesion fell to the floor, breaking from several places and I stood there, staring in disbelief at what he had done to the only reminder of my mother.

I didn't bother to lift my gaze or even look at him as I could feel my eyes starting to well up in tears.

"I'm going to take a shower," he suddenly said, taking a random clean towel from my closet and walking to my bathroom.

He was just about to walk in, before he turned back to look at me.

"Oh, and can you turn the TV on? I like to listen to it while I'm showering," he requested.

"Um, sure," I said softly, taking the remote and turning on my small flatscreen TV.

"Does it matter what channel I change it to?," I asked him, in a solemn tone.

I turned to him, but he wasn't there anymore so I took that as a no.

The TV was on a random channel where I liked to watch my kdramas.

I think it was playing a drama called Beating Again on JTBC.

I turned back to my music box and stared down at it, before sobbing to myself quietly.

He broke my most treasured belonging and he didn't even realize it, but what did I expect? He was too dense to see how much this music box meant to me.

I was busy cleaning up the mess he made, picking up the shattered pieces from my music box when I turned to the TV and stared in awe.

Now that I thought about it, the male lead reminded me of Baekhyun.

Kang Minho was a freaking prick and judging from my recent experience with him, Baekhyun was just as much of a cruel and awful person like Minho. 

I already finished watching this drama when it first came out, and I think they were playing the part where the doctor told him that there's a small probability that his heart's donor may have changed part his personality and preferences.

That got me thinking....

If the doctor's theory were true, maybe the solution to his problem would be to have a change of heart. Not literally, of course. In order to turn him back, we had to teach him how to care for others and be considerate of their feelings. To melt that frozen heart of his and warm up his cold exterior from within.

A selfless act of love...

neoui sesangeuro~

yeorin barameul tago~

What the-

I looked over at my nightstand and saw a phone vibrating with it's screen lying there.

Wow, that was a very beautiful song.

Wait, don't get distracted!

Answer the phone!

I was conflicted, not knowing if I should pick up the phone or not.

Argh, screw it.

I picked up the phone and answered.

"Um, hello?"

"Put Baekhyun on the phone. Now. This is urgent," a stern male voice said on the other line.

"He can't come to the phone right now. He's in the shower and-"

As the person on the phone cut me off and kept demanding to speak with Baekhyun, I noticed the TV had cut to the commercial break, and I saw they were broadcasting an announcement for some awards show that was happening tonight, in about an hour and 40 minutes. 

"This January 14th, tune in for the second day of the 31st Golden Disk Awards. The show begins at 8pm, right after our rerun of My Horrible Boss. Right here, only on JTBC."

"Are you kidding me?!"

I heard the running water go off, and the loud thud of the bathroom door slamming open as Baekhyun burst out of there wearing nothing but a towel around his waist, which made me gulp.

 He bolted towards me, taking the phone and answering.

"Yes, I'll be right there sir. I apologize. There was an emergency and I had to leave immediately. Family matters," Baekhyun answered, before hanging up.

He turned to me with a serious expression.

"Get ready. You're taking me somewhere important tonight."