•Prologue• The Problem

Tame The Dog In Him (EXO Fanfic)

The overwhelming crowd of fangirls cheered to their heart's content, they were so loud it was deafening. They were showing their satisfaction of tonight's concert, and approval of how the finishing performance turned out.

"We thank you all for coming out tonight. I hope you enjoyed our performance. We wish you a good rest of your night, and that you stay safe. We will be leaving now. Goodbye," Kim Jun-myeon told their audience as the group all got ready to depart and leave for their well-deserved rest.

All the boys proceeded to wave goodbye at their fans, as they promptly started making their exit.

The boys were lead by the stage crew backstage and escorted to their dressing rooms.

They saw a few fans along the way, and the boys stopped every now and then for a few seconds to greet them very briefly, before they continued on their way.

One of the fans wanted a hug from Oh Se-hun and he willingly accepted.

After getting that over with, they finally made it to their dressing rooms.

They bowed and thanked the stage crew for being escorted and bid them farewell, before they all went inside the room.

Once the door was shut, the boys braced themselves for what they knew was about to come.

"Jesus, these fans are driving me crazy!! The stage crew are a bunch of idiots!! They can't even do their job right!! They're supposed to keep those annoying freaks away from us. I can't stand them!!," Baekhyun yelled, kicking a chair over.

The others all looked at each other with worried looks.

"Hey, calm down. You don't want them to overhear you," Suho told him, calmly.

"You're always making a fuss about every little thing. It's starting to get really tiring hearing you whine all day," Sehun muttered, in annoyance.

"Haha, it's so ironic seeing how more mature Sehun acts compared to you, when he is your junior," Park Chanyeol said, snorting.

Baekhyun shot a glare in his direction.

"He has a point. You always get upset for the most absurd reasons," Kim Jong-in pointed out.

Baekhyun scowled at all of them.

"You guys are the worst. I don't know why I even put up with you. Kai, you were very off-pitch by the way. Suho, you did a terrible job finding your place for each number, Sehun, your face looks stupid and so does your hair. Chen, you can't lie to anyone, we all heard your voice crack like ten times throughout the second song. Oh, and Lay?," Baekhyun asked.

"Yes, Baekhyun?," he responded, the poor boy clueless and innocent as he was.

"There's absolutely no doubt you're the most terrible dancer I know. You practically messed up the whole dance for "Lucky One," you almost took someone's eye out," Baekhyun retorted, his eyebrows furrowed, showing he was clearly very angered.

Then he turned to D.O., Chanyeol, and Xiumin.

"And you guys? Same goes for you. You also . Deal with it," he spat, then shrugged his shoulders indifferently.

He then turned around and went into the only restroom available, slamming the door shut behind him.

Lay winced at the ear piercing and shrill sound of the door.

"I'm the one who can't put up with his bratty attitude. I've just about had it with him," Do Kyung-soo, said irritated.

"I'd rather just keep my mouth shut than try to argue with him. It's impossible to even try to talk some sense into him. It's like talking to an inanimate object, because you're not going to get anywhere with it," Sehun mumbled, shaking his head.

Suho sighed.

"Guys, I know he's being difficult, but we have to keep trying. We'll get him to change somehow. We just have to stay positive," Suho assured them.

"Yeah, right. When pigs fly," Chanyeol countered back.

That earned a few chuckles from Chen and Xiumin.

"I just don't know how much I can take. He's being so mean and harsh to us, lately. It's really getting to me, I think that next time, he might actually make me cry," Zhang Yixing admitted, wrapping his arms around himself.

Xiumin went over to him and rubbed his back gently.

"It's going to be okay. Just hang in there, buddy," Kim Min-seok said, comforting him.

Kim Jong-dae, went over to Lay as well and also joined in comforting the upset boy.

The three of them were what was left of the old EXO-M subgroup.

Since Kris, Luhan, and Tao had all left, the group was reduced to half of its original size.

Now, things just weren't the same anymore.

They all felt so terrible about their current positions.

And Baekhyun was the one to blame.

"I'm not gonna just sit around and wait for him to change his attitude. I'm going to make him pay and regret for ever treating us this way. We're going to teach him a lesson," Chanyeol declared, standing up.

"Whose with me?," he asked, looking around at them.

The others all seemed unsure.

But then, D.O. stood up and put his hand on top of Chanyeol's.

"I am."

Soon enough, Kai, Chen, Xiumin, and Lay stood up, putting their hands in too.

They looked over at Sehun and Suho.

"I don't think this is the way we should go about doing things. But, I guess it's better than nothing," Suho explained, getting up as well and joining the rest.

Now it was Sehun left.

"You don't seriously expect me to take part in this, do you?," Sehun questioned.

They all nodded.

He sighed.

"I'm just going along with this because I know you guys aren't giving me a choice, either way."

"Right you are, Sehunnie," Kai told him, smiling cheekily.

Getting up, he walked over to them and put his hand in as well.

"1,2,3, For EXO!!," they cheered, and raised their arms up in the air.