•Chapter 3• His Dog Leash

Tame The Dog In Him (EXO Fanfic)

{BAEKHYUN}

What the hell?!

Seriously?

I looked down at the limp body on the floor and rolled my eyes.

Did she really have to pass out now of all times?

I got up off the bed and headed downstairs to the front door. 

At least I was finally back to normal.

Or so I thought. 

I swung the door open, and just when I was about to walk out, something pushed me back with great force, making me fall backwards to the floor.

What the-

I frowned.

Why can't I leave this place?

You know very well why. 

Did that voice just.. come from inside my head?!

I shook my head, trying to forget I even thought it.

I tried walking out the door once more, but to no avail, the same thing happened.

Aish, why won't it let me through?!

There was no other choice, but to go back and ask that girl for help.

I reluctantly went back to her bedroom and found her lying on the floor in the same exact spot where I left her.

After a while, she finally came back to her senses and woke up.

When she saw me again, she fell back, her face morphed into a look of shock and disbelief but before she could scream like I think she was about to do, I stopped her by speaking up first.

"Don't waste your breath. If you think screaming will do you any good, then you're an idiot. Just don't. If you want answers, then let me explain and don't interrupt while I'm talking, got it?"

She slowly nodded her head.




 

Earlier that afternoon..



 

"Can someone explain to me why the hell am I handcuffed to this chair?," I yelled, outraged.

"Hey, shut it. We're trying to focus over here. You mind keeping quiet?," D.O. hissed.

The boys were all huddled in a circle, standing around something I couldn't see or tell what it was.

"Okay, we got Lay on video call. Lay, are you doing well? How's it going in China?," Suho asked.

"I'm doing good, hyung. You still have the book I gave you, right?"

"Yeah, got it right here," Xiumin said, holding up an old looking red leathered book that was worn out from its cover.

"Okay, well if you want I can stay on the call while you guys go ahead and try it out."

"Yeah, we'd really appreciate it. It would be great to have your support on this," Kai said.

"And you could help us with your composing skills by recreating the track of the song on your computer," Chen suggested.

"Sounds good."

They set the laptop down on a desk beside the keyboard, facing me.

What are they planning to do?

"Alright, Chanyeol. Go take over the piano. D.O, Chen and I will take the lead singing the melody, while Sehun, Kai, and Xiumin will help us with the harmony," Suho instructed.

"Got it," everyone responded back.

They all broke from the circle and went to stand in their places, Chanyeol walking to the keyboard, and the other six coming over to my chair to form another circle, but this time around me, while holding hands.

Chanyeol began playing on the keyboard, a somewhat ominous melody that seemed familiar to me.

And coming from the laptop, I could hear a music box tune playing.

I suddenly thought of Kai.

He's shown us ballet dances, like Swan Lake, and The Nutcraker.

Wait..the Nutcracker.

Is this-

And then D.O. started it off, singing the first verse, Suho and Chen coming in after him, as the rest of them helped with the backup vocals.

Wait, were they singing this in English?!

 

Little boys and girls

Come gather 'round

I have a tale to

Tell you all today


Legend has it that 

if you sing Her melody  

You'll meet the 

Harmony Fairy

 

She brings harmony 

and peace upon 

anyone who wishes so 

into their life

 

Little fairy

Little fairy 

Little fairy

I now summon thee

 

Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

Can you feel it?

Can you now?

 

Coming 

closer

 

I can sense it

I can sense it

I can sense it

Now I can

 

Growing

stronger

 

Feel it creeping up on you

That uneasy feeling you

Just can't seem to shake off

No matter how hard you try

 

Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa

Aaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaa

 

Fairy princess

We'll do as you wish

Listen to every piece

Of your wise advice

 

Please solve our troubles

We desperately

Need you to come and fix

This mess that we've made

 

Will you help us?

Will you help us?

Will you help us?

Now please show yourself

 

 


 

Then the laptop went off.

Suddenly, a blinding white light materialized in the middle of the room, and everyone looked away, covering their eyes with their arms.

And magical chime sounds could be heard in the room, but no one knew where they're coming from.

The laptop was dead.

And then..

..it all went quiet.

I opened one eye to peek at the center of the room, but the light was gone and no longer there.

Nothing happened.

"Took you long enough. It's about time you summoned me. I've been waiting forever," a feminine voice spoke.

Everyone jumped a little, obviously startled.

We spun our heads and my eyes widened to their limit.

What in the actual f**k?

 

***

                                                                

***

 

 

There was a girl standing behind us, wearing a short white dress and radiating some kind of white light.

She was wearing dangling stars in her earrings.

"What the- That actually worked?!," D.O. asked, incredulous.

"Y-you're the f-fairy?," Kai questioned, dumbfounded.

"No, I'm your number one fan," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Wait, really?," Chanyeol asked, surprised at her declaration.

"No, that was sarcasm, genius. Yes, I'm the fairy. Who else did you expect? The tooth fairy ain't got nothing on me," the fairy answered, flipping her hair back.

She looked at me and made her way over until she was standing before me, chair and all.

"I believe you're the cause of all this, correct?"

"How did you kn-," Xiumin asked, shocked before she cut him off.

"It's my job to know these things. Now, what seems to be the problem?," the girl inquired.

"Fairy Princess, we brought you to Baekhyun to get him to behave like a good person," Suho answered.

"So it seems. And no need to use that title. Just call me Harmony. I'm sure it would be easier for all of us," she told him, smiling.

"Okay, someone explain to me what the hell is going on or I'm out to get all of you!! I'm not kidding!!," I yelled, frustrated.

They said that a few months ago, Lay found a storybook at an antique store while he was out in search for a gift for his grandma.

The owner of the store said that the person who gave it away, had the book passed down to him from generations.

It was a family heirloom, and he decided to get rid of it for some reason.

It was a storybook about an old fairytale called the Fairy of Harmony, who was a good fairy sent down to earth to keep harmony and peace between humans. Her magical powers granted her the ability to help those people in need, when their lives were affected negatively by other people's actions, disrupting their peace.

They found a song that was said to be her summoning song, but no melody.

That's where Kai comes in, who decided to play around with the lyrics and sang them while practicing his ballet. Who would have thought that one piece from the Nutcraker would match up with the song?

I mean, it is called Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, so it wasn't that hard to put two and two together.

And apparently, they just summoned this so called magical being here in our recording studio.

"That's...That's absurd!! You really want me to believe that magic is real? I don't believe in fairytales or any of that crap. Especially not in fairies. I'm not five," I scoffed.

Harmony frowned.

"Watch your attitude, mister. You don't want to see me when I'm mad," she warned me.

"Is this some kind of joke? Guys, take these handcuffs off me already and don't waste my time anymore or yours. I'm going home."

No one moved.

"Well? Aren't you going to do what I asked?," I questioned, looking at all of them, in a threatening way.

"I'm only going to ask this of you once. I want you to stop being mean to everyone around you and not be a bully. Are you willing to change yourself and be a better man? If not for you, for them?," Harmony asked me, extending her arm to my members.

"Sorry, I don't listen to people who tell me what to do. Especially not dumb girls like you. Mind your own damn business, woman. Let me live how I want," I sneered.

"I wanted to go easy on you, but you leave me no choice," Harmony said, raising her arm and pointing her finger at me.

A burst of light hit me, and all I could feel was how I started shrinking, until I was down on the floor.

Everyone stared at me in horror.

"What did you do?!," Chanyeol yelled, panicked.

"I thought you were just gonna scare him into being good. Not actually use a spell to turn him into that," Sehun admitted, looking astounded.

Turn me into what?

I looked down at myself and saw I had no body.

Dude, wth?!

No, wait. I did have a body, but it wasn't mine.

I was covered in fur, and standing on all fours.

Did she just-

"I could've done worse. But not to worry. I already came up with a plan, weeks prior to today. He's going to be like this, until he himself can break the curse," Harmony explained.

Oh nononononono.

Someone please tell me this isn't real, and that this is just some silly nightmare.

But my fear was confirmed.

When I heard it.

"Woof!"

S**t.

I had to get out of here, and find help!!

So, naturally, I bolted for the door as I could hear voices calling out to me, and kept on running as they got farther and farther away.



 

Back to present...



 

"Um..."

She looked unconvinced.

I sighed.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"Well, would you if I had told you the same thing?," she countered.

I cursed.

Damn it, she was right.

Not even I would believe me.

"Well, that's my story, and whether you want to believe it or not isn't my problem," I said, offended.

I crossed my arms and sat down on her bed.

"I have a question."

I turned to look at the girl and saw her stand up from the floor and look at me confused.

"If you're back to normal after being 'changed into a dog', then why are you still here?," she asked me, making quotation marks with her fingers.

I scoffed.

"Do you think I'm stupid? I already tried to leave but I can't. Something won't let me but I don't know what it is," I explained to her.

Sigh, do I have to spell it out for you?

I jumped back.

There's that voice again.

Your collar.

My what? I'm not an animal or someone's pet to say that I have a-

I put a hand to my neck and wouldn't you know it, I felt the collar around my neck.

"Is something wrong?," the girl asked me.

She's your guardian as of now. This collar is what connects you both.

You are bound to one another.

You can't go outside with the collar on, unless she comes with you.

And don't think about taking it off. That won't work.

The only one who can is your owner.

Until then, you can never leave her side and must follow her wherever she goes.

But for now...

You're not allowed to leave this house, until further notice.

What?! Please tell me the voice isn't being serious.

I'm dead serious.

Fuuuuu-

Hey! No cussing.

Even if it's just in your head.

Yeah, whatever.

Oh, and just to be clear, this curse is still in effect.

At sunrise, you'll turn into a dog again, and at sunset you'll change back to your normal self.

That's how it will be for the rest of the year.

If you can't figure out how to break this curse, you'll stay as a dog forever.

"WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M GOING TO STAY AS A DOG FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?! THIS ISN'T SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT!!," I yelled, outraged.

"Baekhyun, are you okay?," the girl asked, tentatively.

I sighed, and pulled down the collar of my shirt a little so she could see my dog collar.

"Wha- is that yours? That's an.. interesting choice of accessory," she commented.

"No, it's not mine. But like I told you, the fairy turned me into a dog and the collar must be part of her curse. This collar keeps me from leaving your house unless you come with me. But for now, it looks like I'm gonna be stuck here with you," I explained, feeling annoyed.

"You can't stay here!! My parents live here with me and so does my sister, if they see you they're gonna freak out," she said, worried.

"You won't have to worry about that. About them seeing me, that is."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll find out in the morning."

I looked at her wrist and noticed she was wearing something that wasn't there before, when she found me as a dog.

"Hey, that wasn't there before, was it?"

She looked down at her wrist and her eyes widened.

"Absolutely not. How did it just magically appear on my wrist?," she exclaimed, perplexed.

She observed it, and we could see it had a corgi charm on it and the bracelet itself was red.

"What creeps me out more is that your collar is the same exact color," she pointed out, which made me want to barf.

She sighed.

"Well, I guess I don't have a choice but to believe you. This bracelet didn't just appear on it's own. This has to be someone else's doing, unless there was another logical explanation, which there isn't," she said, looking down at her feet.

"Thanks. I appreciate your faith in me," I told her, rolling my eyes.

She thought for a moment.

"Well, since I can't really kick you out, I'll let you stay here for the time being. You can sleep in my room tonight," she offered.

"Big whoop."

"Ah, that reminds me. I haven't introduced myself."

She stuck her hand out.

"I'm Da- *cough, cough* Chaeyeong, my name is Bae Chaeyeong and I'll be your temporary host while we figure out what to do with your so called curse. I hope we get along and don't get in fights or arguments," the girl introduced herself.

That's weird.

It sounded like she was about to say another name, or maybe that was just me imagining things.

I shook her hand reluctantly.

I laughed half-heartedly.

"Yeah, sure. Me too," I answered back.

It might be a weird way to put it but, this girl...

Was now my dog leash.

Without her, I wouldn't be able to go anywhere unless she gave the word.

She was the one between me and my freedom.

How do I convince them to take off the collar and set me free?

I don't know how but I was going to get rid of this curse, no matter what.