•Chapter 2• The Boy Who Cried....Woof?

Tame The Dog In Him (EXO Fanfic)

ThursdayJanuary 12th, 2017

"Full name?"

"Bae, Chaeyeong."

Daisy Stephany Park...

"Age?"

"18."

17...

"Birthdate?"

"December 13th, 1998."

September 22nd, 1999.

How could I be doing this? I would've never thought I'd do something this bad.

The man told me to sign down here and there, before finally putting all the papers away in a file and looked me over just once, before looking back at her computer screen.

"Well, we're going to have to work on your diet. There's four or five kilos you can get rid of, but otherwise, you seem pretty suitable for the camera to me."

He stood up and I did as well to receive his handshake.

"Congratulations, Ms. Bae. You're now officially an SM trainee."

 

____________________

 

Friday, January 13th, 2017

{BAEKHYUN}

"Alright, everyone!! Up and at 'em!! We've got a full schedule and lots of activities for today to still be in bed at this hour."

I groaned, pulling the covers over my head to muffle out the voice of our production director.

He then closed the door, and I could hear him move on to the bedroom next door.

I could hear Chanyeol on the other side of the room moving around in his bed and the tell tale sign of him getting up and finishing from waking up completely.

Ugh.

I'm so sleepy, I don't want to get up.

It's so comfy here and so warm, it would be dumb of me to leave my bed right now when I could just sleep in for longer.

"Baekhyun..."

I groaned.

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Just give me a minute."

I lifted the blanket off me and sat up on my bed, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, checking the time and grumbled in response.

4:00am.

I haven't even got out of bed, and I'm already hating today.

We're off to a great start.

After waiting in the longest line for the shower you could possibly imagine, I got my turn to wash up and change into a new set of clothes.

Once everyone was ready, we we're all set to go and leave the dorm to start our day of work.

First, we had to go to the recording studio to start recording the music of the upcoming album.

We'd be there for about 3 hours tops, until 9am and have some breakfast in between that time during our break.

Then, at around 10am, we had a meeting with the producers and directors for the new music video for this album.

That would take like two hours, at most, if we're lucky.

Usually, these meetings might even last for 5 hours, which is probably the worst.

Thankfully, the meeting was over by noon, and we had about an hour to go to lunch.

I honestly thought that one hour wasn't enough for me because I wanted more time to rest.

So unfair.

We finished our lunch and around 12:50, we were headed back to the dance studio floor and rehearsed our dances from the third album "Lotto" as well from past albums.

We practiced until 4pm and took a break inbetween, then left for the last minute activities of the day, which could be an interview, a photoshoot, or a performance at a music show or whatever.

But for some weird reason, the guys told me during our break that we didn't have any activities in the afternoon, oddly enough.

"Hey, now that I think about it, I just remembered that our manager needed us back in the recording studio. Don't worry, this won't take long," Suho informed us.

I groaned in annoyance.

Great, more singing.

Think I would of preffered a photoshoot over this.

We all headed back there, and went inside the sound booth.

"Wait, we're not all supposed to be in here. It's one at a time right? And why isn't the sound guy here yet?," I questioned.

Next thing I know, I felt someone hit me hard on the head and I out.

When I came back to consciousness, I noticed I was sitting in a chair, that I was handcuffed to from both wrists.

"W-what the hell is going on here?!"


 

{DAISY}

Well.. That went well.

Okay no, that was a total lie.

Today didn't go well.

Today was a disaster and I have my mentally exhausted self to prove it.

Let's recap to the very beginning, from this very same morning.

I woke up, got dressed in my school uniform, and got dropped off by Dad.

Miyoung would have dropped me off but because I didn't want to make her late, I told her to go on without me and drive there by herself.

We usually drove there together, and since she's the only one out of both of us who actually had her driver's license, she had her own car which was really nice because she'd drive me anywhere.

"Hey, kiddo. You sure you're okay? You seem a bit worried. Do you wanna stay home and-"

"Dad, it's okay. It's nothing, just feeling tired, that's all. Don't worry. I'll be fine."

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"See you in two weeks."

I waved to him as he drove off.

Mom and Dad would be away for business in the US and Miyoung was staying over at a friend's house to do a group project.

That meant tonight I had the house all to myself.

Miyoung and I were attending the School of Performing Arts Seoul, otherwise known as SOPA.

Originally, I was majoring in practical music, while Miyoung was majoring in practical dance.

But, because of certain circumstances, I'll be majoring in dance as of now.

And if you're wondering how no one's questioned why they allowed me to just switch majors this late in my senior year, well...

You'll soon find out.

I walked inside the school, like I always did, but this time I had to remember where exactly Miyoung's homeroom is and go there.

I stood outside the door to my now new homeroom and double checked to make sure it was the right classroom number.

I hesitated for a bit before walking inside.

The whole room was dead silent while they saw me walk inside, and I couldn't help but feel intimidated.

I saw Miyoung's face and her reassuring smile helped me calm down my nerves.

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Park. Take your seat and we'll begin class shortly," the teacher instructed.

I took my seat next to Miyoung, and gave her a half hearted smile.

People began whispering amongst each other, and I could catch a few things they were saying.

"Look, it's her again. The girl who's super talented that they let her transfer to our homeroom last term."

"Wow, must be pretty damn good to transfer here out of all places."

"She probably must of paid someone to get in."

"What ever happened to the limited space in our major?"

"We had to work hard to pass the audition, and she thinks she can just stroll in here like she owns the place."

Those were really mean comments.

I had no idea what type of magic she must of used on them to make them believe I've been in their homeroom since the beginning of the school year.

Even my sister.

I turned to her, seeing her take out her notebook and textbooks, completely unfazed by the fact that she's never seen me here before.

Acting totally normal, like if nothing was wrong or suspicious.

We had our first subject which was math, not too bad.

In fact, I didn't have any problems understanding the teacher in her lesson.

She explained so well, I was relieved knowing I wouldn't have math troubles and that was good enough for me.

Then we had history. Eh..

Lunch went normal just like any other day, except for the fact that I got to sit at the popular kids table.

Apparently, in this school all the populars are the dancers and Miyoung happens to be one of them.

Not gonna lie, instead of feeling excited or happy about that fact, I was super uncomfortable sitting at that table because everyone was looking at me in disgust, like if they wanted me gone.

After that, it was back to class.

Science was really fun actually, the teacher had us do a fun experiment and she had Miyoung and I paired up as lab partners, thankfully.

Then it was literature, yay..

It wasn't too bad, I guess.

And now, the moment I've been dreading since I stepped foot inside this classroom.

"Okay class, hurry on up and head to the dance studios to start your dance classes," the teacher informed.

Oh boy.

Long story short, I ended up falling five to ten times, probably even more if I'm being honest.

I attempted doing a super hard move for experienced dancers ONLY, and nearly twisted my ankle.

My synchronization was terrible, I couldn't keep up, and pretty much made a fool of myself the whole time.

After the classes were finished, our dance instructor called me to stay behind.

Miyoung looked at me as if asking me with her eyes if I wanted her to wait for me but I shook my head and told her to go on without me.

She had to leave right now, or else her group will get mad at her for showing up late.

She smiled sadly and mouthed a thank you, before leaving.

"Miss.. Daisy, is it?," he asked.

"Yes."

"Is everything okay? Do you feel alright?"

I nodded.

He sighed, and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"I don't know how to put this for you."

He looked at me sympathetically.

"Look, I know you just transferred from music to dance this year, and I heard you were strongly approved to get in. They said you had real dancing talent. But after today...."

He stopped himself in the middle of his sentence.

"Are you sure you made the right choice coming to my class?"

"I- I'm not sure, I just... I had a hard time today. I think I just need some time to adjust, that's all...."

"I'll let you stay for now, but if I don't see any improvement from you, I'm afraid I'll have to transfer you back. Is that clear?"

"Yes, seongsaengnim."

I guess today we'll be going home on the subway train, then.

I had to walk for a few minutes to the bus stop at Yangcheon Public Garage and wait for the bus to take me to Cheonwang Station.

From there, I'd go down to the subway and take Line 7.

After what seemed like 20 stops, I finally arrived at Cheongdam Station and got off the subway train.

Unfortunately for me, when I came back out from underground, it was pouring tons of rain and I realized that I forgot to bring an umbrella.

Great.

I mean, our house wasn't that far from here and it'd take just a couple of minutes to get there which was somewhat reassuring. As I walked the last few blocks to my house, I stopped in my tracks and listened very carefully.

I was standing in front of an alley situated inbetween two convenience stores. The reason I stopped was because I thought I heard someone. Or something.

I decided to go check it out.

Once I was in the alley, I zeroed in on the lone cardboard box where I was certain is where the noise was coming from. Sounded like a dog whining.

I crouched down on the ground to check inside the box and sure enough, there was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi with a red-headed tricolor fur coat, sitting in there, drenched and wet from the rain most likely

It was no wonder it was shivering. It must be freezing, the poor little guy.

"Aww, why would anyone leave you out here in the rain? Can't they see you're a poor helpless animal?," I asked, feeling sympathy for the dog.

I reached out my hand for it to sniff me so it would know I wouldn't harm it. I felt its nose brush against the back of my hand, so I took that as a good sign.

I took off my school uniform blazer, proceded with helping it out of the box and tucked the dog inside my blazer.

"Let's get you dried up and take you somewhere warm, yeah?"

I got home, drenched and soaked to the brim that I was sure my parents, especially mom, would kill me if she saw me right now. But it was all worth it in the end, if it meant saving this little guy.

I slipped off my shoes immediately, not wanting to get mud tracks in the house and set them aside to dry in the bathroom, and headed up to my room, then set the corgi on my bed to start drying its fur with my bath towels. When I finished drying its fur, I took my blanket and wrapped it around the corgi.

"Heh, makes you look like a cinammon roll," I said to myself.

My eyes lit up.

"Cinnabon," I exclaimed, smiling to myself.

I just thought of the perfect name for the corgi. It fit him so well. Or wait, is it a she?

I took a peek inside the blanket, since I hadn't bothered to ask myself this question earlier and surely enough..

"You're a he," I laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna need you to stay put here, while I go change out of my soaked uniform and find some clothes to wear," I told Cinnabon, petting his head then went to my dresser to take out clothes to change into. I took off my button up dress shirt, and uniform skirt, leaving me in my undergarments.

After I dried myself with a bath towel, I hung my school blazer, along with the rest of my uniform to dry on a hanger inside my bathroom.

I put on a white tshirt and grey sweats, and finished it off with a black hoodie.

"Alright, I'm done. So..do you, uh..wanna...play?," I asked Cinnabon, unsure of why I was talking to a dog when I perfectly knew he can't understand a single word I'm saying.

Whether or not he wanted to, I took a tennis ball from my parents room and showed it to Cinnabon, but he seemed uninterested. Odd. Dogs usually liked playing with balls. I kneeled beside my bed and kept insisting him to play with the tennis ball. I even threw the ball up in the air a couple times, hoping it would grab his attention.

It didn't work.

By the tenth throw, I missed the ball and ended up getting hit in the face with it.

"OW!"

The ball fell on the floor, slowly rolling away.

I grabbed my nose and rubbed it gently.

My eyes squinted, as I held my hand in front of my face to soothe the pain, not really paying mind to what was going on up on my bed or what Cinnabon was up to.

Suddenly, I thought I saw something strange happening to Cinnabon, but I couldn't tell for sure because my vision was already kind of blurry, and my hand was in the way.

I was about to brush it off, until I looked down and saw a pair of feet in front of me.

I slowly trailed my eyes from the feet up to their full body, until they stopped on someone's face and I realized I was staring at a grown man, sitting on my bed.

Ha, must of hit my head pretty hard to be imagining crazy things.

There wasn't a guy in my room. Period.

And most definetely, he did not change from a dog to a human.

That's crazy talk.

Wait, now that I thought about it, this person looked familiar. I could've sworn I've seen that face somewhere. But where?

For some reason, I could only think of Miyoung and her kpop obsession, which doesn't make sense, because then that would mean this person in front of me is an idol. If I'm not mistaken and my memory is correct, then-

"You're Baekhyun, aren't you? But you're not really here because this is just my mind playing tricks on me, right?," I asked, still doubting myself.

The man bent down to look me in the eyes and smirked.

"Boo."

OHMYGODHETALKEDHEACTUALLYTALKEDTHISCANTBEHAPPENINGHOWTHEHELLDIDHEJUSTFUDGEMYHEARTISBEATINGSODAMNFASTITHINKITSGOINGTOEXPLODEIMGOINGTO-

I passed out.