•Chapter 1• Humble Beginnings

Tame The Dog In Him (EXO Fanfic)

The nine pair of eyes in the room were all trained on me, making me feel vulnerable under their intense stares.

These men sure know how to make you feel like you weren't supposed to be there, and like you're some kind of foreign specimen.

As if on cue, the door opened and in walked a man with what looked like a couple of files or folders in hand, as he made his way to the desk and took a seat.

"Okay, so if I understand this correctly, you want to....run an EXO YouTube channel?"

I shifted my gaze to the floor and slowly nodded my head.

The man rose an eyebrow.

"Why?"

All the men turned to look at me, and remained silent while they waited for my answer.

Truthfully, I didn't even know why I was there in the first place.

Let's recount all of last month, and all the things that occured to me.

All because of a stupid deal.



 

Christmas Eve, 2016

The snow covered the streets completely in a beautiful white coat, making everything look magical.

Two girls in long winter coats and woolen winter hats were walking down the street and walked inside a coffee shop called Café Universe.

They both sat down at a table and chose what they would order, just as another girl walked in after them and took a seat at the table behind theirs.

"Hey, Day. Did you get my assignment for history? The teach is so bad at explaining, I understand absolutely nothing. He'll fail me this semester for sure," the taller out of the two said to the other, sighing dramatically.

The first girl giggled and shook her head.

"Aw, Miyoung~ Don't stress so much over homework. It's not due until January. We have all of next week, and you have plenty of time to finish it until then."

She gave her troubled friend a reassuring smile, while she took her hand and held it.

"Besides, you have me. I might not be the brighest of people, but you know you can count on me if you need help or have concerns about school assignments. I'll do my best to help you get that passing grade."

Miyoung nodded and squeezed her friend's hand.

"Ugh, I don't know how we can survive highschool, much less get accepted into college," Miyoung sighed, leaning back on her chair and rolled her head back.

The waiter came with their orders and set them down on the table.

"Is there anything else you ladies need?," he inquired.

"No, thanks. We're good for now," Miyoung responded, taking her drink and blew on it while her friend mirrored her action.

The waiter nodded, and left.

"Oh, before I forget, I haven't asked if you saw the new MV that came out."

The short girl sighed and took a bite of her chocolate filled croissant, already feeling a bit exasperated with her friend.

"You're talking about your kpop groups, aren't you?"

Miyoung nodded excitedly.

"Yes! I can't believe you still haven't seen it. You said you kinda liked Teen Top, right? Why don't you give these other guys a chance? I bet once you get to know my babies, I'll drag you into the kpop fandom for sure," Miyoung assured.

"Excuse me."

Both girls turned around to see another girl wearing a face mask and a black baseball cap, standing at their table.

"Did you say kpop? I have a friend who's a kpop fan and she's trying to get me into it. But I'm not sure whether to listen to her or not. I thought maybe you could convince me," the girl asked.

Miyoung smiled and pulled out a chair for the newcomer to sit down.

She took the seat and faced Miyoung.

"Well, I don't really know much about kpop. Except maybe a few names of some groups. I've heard about BTS, BtoB, B.A.P., B1A4, Block.B, Beast, and BigBang," the girl began to explain.

"So, pretty much, the ones that start with B," Miyoung pointed out.

They both laughed.

"Yeah, and I recently heard about Blackpink and 2EN1, because the first group just debuted and the other one just disbanded," the new girl explained.

Miyoung took a long sip from her mug, before wiping and looking at the girl in the eye.

"And, what do you think so far? Who's music do you like the most?"

"Well, I really like Big Bang's style. Their MVs are really cool. Fantastic Baby is my jam and I think their music is sick," the girl answered.

Miyoung nodded in approval.

"Okay, but my question is, do you think you would keep listening to them and become a part of their fanbase?"

The girl thought long and hard before giving them her answer.

"To be honest, they just grabbed my attention. They seem really nice and all, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to find a group that can be cute, but y at the same time."

Miyoung's friend started coughing and hitting her chest to let the drink go down.

"Why does the word "y" always make you so uncomfortable? You should be used to it by now. We took -ed together in second year, for crying out loud," Miyoung laughed, patting her friend on the back.

Miyoung looked at the other girl and told her to continue.

"Well, I've been curious about this one company. I heard lots of people like the kpop groups under their label. Do you know S.M. Entertainment by any chance?"

Her friend stopped coughing, and her ears perked up.

Miyoung laughed.

"Do I know S.M. Ent.?! They formed my favorite kpop groups of all time, girl! I'm a er for my SuJu, SNSD, f(x), and SHINee!"

The mysterious girl got a twinkle in her eye upon hearing this.

"Oh? Then, what can you tell me about EXO?," she asked.

"Hmm.... EXO you say? Well, they debuted about 4 years ago. Their music is pretty good, I like to be updated on them from time to time. They actually just had a winter comeback about 6 days ago. They released an MV of the title song for their winter album, called 'For Life'. Highly recommend it."

The girl stranger nodded and looked at her nails.

"How are they personality wise?"

Miyoung scratched her head.

"Hard to say. They all have multiple personalities. They can be cute and adorable at times, some of them are cheeky and erted, others are funny and hilarious. But when they perform, trust me on this because this is legit, they completely change. I don't know how, but it's like they become gods."

Miyoung's friend started to cough again.

"Day, please stop doing that. You're gonna end up choking yourself to death, if you keep this up," Miyoung scolded, patting her friend on the back, once again.

"Tell me, would you like to work with them?," the girl stranger asked, just when Miyoung's phone started ringing.

"Hold on, I need to take this," Miyoung said, taking out her phone and putting it to her ear.

"Hi, mom. No, I'm out with Day right now. What's wrong? What?! Don't worry, I'll be right there!!," she said on the phone before getting up from her seat and hanging up.

"Sorry to leave so soon. But there's been an emergency. My baby cousin got really sick and I need to go see him. They took him to the hospital," Miyoung explained worriedly.

Her friend stood up too.

"I'll come with you," she offered.

"No, you stay. You took the night shift at work yesterday. Go home and rest up, okay? Once you catch up on sleep, I'll call you and let you know the details. Take care," Miyoung said, hugging her.

Miyoung walked out the door, and her friend was just about to go after her, until a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Wait."

She turned her head, and almost forgot that girl was still there.

"I want to talk with you about something. Sit down. I have an offer to make you..."