The eve.

I'll Still Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                        Whether I have to laugh or cry,                       I look for you like someone crazy.            Whether you are in love with me tomorrow or not,             Whether I have the permission tomorrow or not,                With the pieces of my broken heart with me,                               I'll stick to your door only.                                      I'll still love you,                                     I'll still love you....

 

 

 

                                            ________

 

 

 

With a final inward push, Baekhyun stepped into his family house. He'd been cowering over at the thought of having to attend the wedding of the girl he'd been in love ever since he had learnt the meaning of love, or maybe even before that. 

Yesterday he had turned away after almost covering the half distance from his apartment to his town. But today, he had forced himself to come out of his selfish shell. No matter how much painful it was for him, he did not have any right to ruin Munhee's happy day by being absent on the biggest day of her life. After all, she had had come personally to invite him. He was her best friend, he had been with her in every phase of her life from the first day at school, to the first time she'd baked a cake. From the first test she'd failed to the last class of her in high school. From the first time she'd gotten scold to the first time she'd broken her arms when she tried to climb on a tree.

It had always been the two of them. Of course, they had a huge group of friends even before they'd started going to school. But his and Munhee's bond had been stronger than any bonds they'd shared with their other friends. Now, they'd come to a point of life where one of them was getting married, so how could the one ditch the other in such a huge day of her life? It would look plain stupid and it would be the epitome of self centered behavior from his part.

He could only guess how sad the girl would be without having him in the happiest day of her life. If he'd choose to disappear and not attend Munhee's wedding, then all the years of friendship, trust, the bond they'd created and shared with each other, would just go in vain. He couldn't let this happen. He would not. 

That's why he found himself standing at the doorstep of Lee household. He should meet and cheer up the bride-to-be. She must be nervous and her two elder sisters weren't the type of siblings who would try something to ease her nervousness. So, the time called for him to continue his duty as a best friend.

During day time, he didn't have to sneak through the window to meet Munhee. In fact, Byun family and Lee family had been in a friendly state even before him and Munhee were born. Well, they were more than friendly to be precise. They were like family. The over the top closeness of the two family which was both the reason of his happiness and his doom. 

Apparently, Munhee's mother was left alone with two little daughters and she herself was pregnant with Munhee at that time when Munhee's father passed away. Though, the two families were neighbors from even before that dreadful incident, but after that, Baekhyun's family helped the left alone lady with everything. His father even helped her by managing Mr. Lee's business. At that time, Munhee's mother had acknowledged Baekhyun's father as her brother. And the fact that both of the families had taken this brother-sister relationship way too seriously, was the sole reason why he and Munhee couldn't happen. 

"Oh, Baekhyun! You're finally here."  Baekhyun's mixed thoughts interrupted by Munhee's eldest sister. She told him almost in an irritated manner.  

"I've just arrived ten minutes ago."  Baekhyun bowed to the elder female as a sort of greeting and let her know. 

"You should've come earlier! You know we don't have much male hands to help with the preparations."  She frowned at him but let him in anyways.

"Sorry!"  Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck, giving her a nervous smile.  "What can I help with?" He offered. Though he had initially come here to visit Munhee. But the way it looked like, he had to go over some pillars before he could reach his destination. Although, some selfish parts of him was relieved since he wasn't exactly ready to meet Munhee face to face under the daylight. Some differently selfish part of him was unhappy, since he wanted to spend as much time as he could with the said girl, because after the change of marital status of Munhee, it might not be as easy as present to meet with her, to even have a small talk with her.

"Almost everything's done. We just need to decorate the house. Mom's throwing a small party tonight." Munhee's sister said while pointing at the baskets filled with colorful flowers and lightings. 

"Don't worry, Noona. I will handle it."  He reassured and didn't waste anymore time before starting the work of decorating the house.  

Baekhyun diligently decorated the pillars and the stairs by combining the tiny lights and flowers till hours. He didn't get a glimpse of the person he was yearning to see and at the same time wanted to avoid the most. The Lee household was filled with all kind of closer and distant relatives. Baekhyun also caught the sight of Junmyeon, who was apparently being ordered by Munhee's second elder sister in the kitchen area. Their other friends Minseok, Jongdae, Jisoo, Sera hadn't arrived yet. Well, Sehun was also part of their friend circle, but him being the groom himself, might not need to be present at the bride's house before the day of their wedding.

 

When Baekhyun finally reached the upstairs to decorate the railings, he couldn't take it anymore. Maybe he should just look at Munhee for a few seconds from afar?  Her room was just at the right corner. He was certain that her mother had ordered her to stay inside her room. 

He left the baskets on the floor before walking past the group of young girls who seemed to just emerged out of Munhee's room. Wiping his sweaty hands over his jeans, he softly made his way to his destination. He opened the door of her room with equal soft hands so that the girl wouldn't catch him sneaking a glance inside and he'd go away after having seen her from afar. 

He found her immediately. She was curled up on the corner of her bed. Eyes distinctly staring at the floor while her hands clutched her favorite bolster tightly. Then and there, he forgot his promise to silently watch her for a few seconds and leave. He hadn't seen her face ever since he'd dropped her back at that night. He was a fool. A goddamn foolish to underestimate the effects she had on him. The immediate whirlwind went through inside his chest was the proof of how stupid he was to measure the strength of his heart to keep calm the moment he'd see her. 

And if only looking at her face wasn't enough of torture on his heart, at the exact moment Munhee's eyes went straight towards his, as if she'd felt his presence herself. He closed his fist on the knob of the door, ready to slam it shut and just run away, away from here, anywhere but here where the love of her life was all set to become someone else's just after the night would pass.

But he couldn't. He stood there, staring at her bright brown eyes that seemed to smile altogether with her lips upon witnessing his presence. The girl immediately sat up.  "Baek.."  Honey, honey was all he could ever think, every time she would call him with her sweet voice. Her voice, even her gibberish talks would feel like someone was pouring the purest and sweetest honey all over his existence. 

"Hii.."  The shameless and helpless person he was for the girl calling his name, forced out a practiced smile on his dried lips and waved at her before entering inside her bedroom. Munhee folded her legs to make space for the boy to take a seat in front of her, which he did.

"Yah! Why are you so late?"  Baekhyun was immediately showered with light punches over his arms as a form of anger from his love.  The punches lost the force and her hands rested over his arms, leaving a burning sensation just at where she was touching him at that moment,   "I thought, you w-wouldn't make it."  The bold girl he knew, had ducked her head low, her lashes almost touching the surface of her face, a small pout forming in her beautiful pair of pink lips, which he could never get a taste, said to him softly.

"I... had some last minute assignments!" He let out the well made excuse he'd prepared on his way here.  "Of course, I'd be here no matter what. How can I miss my best friend's wedding?"  He chuckled, it hurt his throat to make that sound, but he did it anyway. No amount of physical pain can compete with the pain his heart had been going through. 

"I'm glad that you've come."  She breathed. Her smile wasn't as bright as it always was.

"Hey, are you nervous?"  Keeping a heavy stone over his heart, he forced out the question. He must've been dying inside, but the worrisome look in his ninja girl's face wasn't something he'd ever prefer. 

"Now I'm double glad that you've come."  Munhee sighed loudly.  "Only you could understand me so well." She said, resting her head lightly ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter