The invitation.

I'll Still Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                 Maybe our paths diverge,                             And we get lost while walking.                  But I'll still love you,                              I'll still love you.....

 

 

 

 

                                            ____________

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun returned to his rented single roomed apartment from his football practice in the evening. On tiring days like this, he missed living at his home where he could return back to the warmth of his mother. 

He decided to move here for temporary time being, precisely until the completion of his higher study in the renowned university of their town. The main town where his university was situated, and other institutes resided, was almost forty minutes of distance by car. That's why he had told his parents that it would be more convenient for him to just rent a small apartment in the main town. 

Though there's another reason why he wanted to live away from home, but he didn't want to ponder in some deep thoughts when his body is too tired from the exhaustion. He opted for a quick shower before he'd jump on the bed to get some sleep. 

After ten minutes, Baekhyun was out of the shower. He stood in front of the small mirror hanging on the side of his single sized bed, ruffling his wet hairs dry with towel. But he stopped what he was doing when he heard a distant sound. He couldn't decipher what kind of sound it was, was it a cracking sound? Or a thud? He didn't know. But all he knew was eight at the night or late evening wasn't the time where people would like to stay awake. So, the whole neighborhood was silent at that time and even a small sound could be heard almost clearly.

 Albeit a bit curious, Baekhyun peered behind his back, at the direction of the roof through the glass door, finding a single roomed apartment wasn't easy as people mostly lived with their families and all the rented apartments were too huge and costly for his likings, so he had to find this apartment which was in fact situated on the roof of a one storied building, but found nothing, so he shurgged and dropped the towel on the bed before taking a comb to thread it through his hairs. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere thunders started to crackle loudly, wind blowed with force and speedy droplets of rain wetted the earth. Baekhyun let out a curse when the electricity decided to get cut just at that moment. He threw the comb somewhere over his bed in slight annoyance and bent down to rummage through the small bedside table's drawer in order to find candles. He did have a few candles as the electricity wasn't their best friends at that time. 'But it's still better than back in home.'  Baekhyun thought to himself while scoffing since the time table of cut off of electricity was quite frustrating there than here. 

His hand felt something which was definitely his lighter, he might or might not own this lighter due to his newfound cool habit of smoking rather than using it for any other purpose, he grabbed it out before shoving his another hand to search for the candles.  'Goddammit, where is it!'  

Although, the candles couldn't hold his concentration for longer as he let out an ugly girly screech when he heard the sudden loud banging on his glass door. And he thought he would almost faint when he noticed a dark silhouette of someone, courtesy of the thunder continuously lighting from behind the figure.  "Oh god! Is it a g-ghost? Oh god! Save me!"  Baekhyun chanted to himself, his body started trembling as he kept his eyes closed at the desperate hope that the ghost, 'Or is it a witch? It has long wavy hairs!' wouldn't notice him if he stood still without making any move. 

"Yah, Baekhyun!"  Despite not wanting to face the horror, Baekhyun popped opened his one eye when he heard something like his name being called along with the disturbing sound of the glass door being banged and the rude thunders. 

"Why is it still here?"  Baekhyun thought while biting his lips in fear. Probably after two minutes, or it had been ten? the dark figure was still there, now seemingly tired as it stood there sometimes rubbing it's arms as if it was feeling cold and sometimes standing there with it's arms on the hips as if it was angry at him.

Now that the initial wave of shock and fear had cut down, the figure standing there with their hands on the hip looked awfully familiar. With a huge breath, he dared to stretch his hands and lit up the lighter, he almost forgot he had a lighter in his hands due to the fear, so that he could make sure whether it was really a ghost/witch or it was that familiar someone. His eyes widened in shock and mortification when the light eluminated from the lighter helped him to see the face,  "!"  He cursed out loudly at the impact of the surprise. Or probably shock?

", , ..." He made a short run towards the glass door and opened the lock,  ", Mun, I'm so sor....awww" His hasty apologies got cut by the punch he got from his best friend, Munhee. 

 "You moron! Why didn't you open the door?" Munhee grabbed him by his ear, though she'd prefer grabbing him by his collar, that, if he was wearing any shirt at this moment, and yelled loudly on purpose to make her stupid best friend cringe at the loud screech. 

"Yah, let me go first.. Ouch it hurts! Let me go! You already punched me...." Baekhyun whined and begged for mercy. Though, he didn't mind getting such treatment from the girl, it was just so Munhee thing to do, and he could bear thousand times more physical pain than this if that allowed him to be with her for a few minutes more. But he regretted his inward declaration immediately when the girl twisted his ear a bit more.  "Oh god, you'll tear apart my ear.....oww."

Munhee finally let him go, as the girl herself looked tired, probably after banging the door for past few minutes. "What the hell were you doing standing there like a statue?" She spat at him.

"I thought you were some ghost or witch!"  Baekhyun told her and winced in pain when he earned a smack on his arms from the girl.  "Okay, my ninja girl, stop this violence and tell me what the hell are you doing here? At this hour?"  Baekhyun asked while diving into another attempt to find the candles, and this time he miraculously found it at the right corner of the drawer. So he lit up the candle and let it stand over the top of the table, the dark room eluminated in a soft orangish glow, allowing his eyesight to finally see his best friend's face properly.

Gosh, how much he missed seeing her even though it had been only nearly fifteen days he had last seen her? And the light from the candle dimmed her features a bit, but she looked gorgeous in her slight wet face, her hairs sticking to her face and neck, tiny droplets of rain waters gracing her skin and face, as if mocking him that he would never be the one to touch her like they were touching her. 'Oh, she's got caught in the rain. Oh ! She might get cold!'

Munhee wrapped her arms around herself as she was slightly shivering in her half wet state,  "I've come to visit you?" She told him in a sheepish way, the previous rage subduing from her features, it made her look too cute and soft, which made it harder for him to control the loud beats of his heart. 

Baekhyun wanted to ask what was the sudden special occasion that she couldn't wait for five more days as he routinely went to visit his family, and her in every twenty days. But looking at her state, he decided to hold the queries for later and turned back to his closet to pick out something for her to change into, otherwise she was very likely to catch cold. He picked out the first long sleeved shirt he'd got his hands into, also a pair of slacks with a fresh set of towel.  He threw the pieces of clothes into her direction, earning an annyoed hiss from the girl as those landed on her face before she could catch them.  "Go, get changed first."  He ordered her while handing her the candle.

He waited while sitting on his bed in the dark room while Munhee changed into his clothes. It would be a lie, a big white lie if he said that his heart didn't skip a few beats when she emerged out from the bathroom adorning in his clothes in a timid manner. The rain tearing the outter world, the darkess surrounding the room, the soft glow from the candle light, and the girl he loved, had been in love with god knows how many years, cladded in his clothes looking like a shy teenager, everything made him gulp as he felt his desire for the girl standing in front of him intensifying more, if possible. He loved much so much, too much that it pained his soul whenever he'd thought about their future. 

Baekhyun cleared his throat awkwardly,  "Now care to share what's with the sudden visit? And why didn't you just use the front doors? How did you even managed to climb up here?" Before he could lose his sanity at the feelings surging through inside his heart, he decided to distract himself by talking with her, patted the space beside him to make her sit there as it was the only place he could offer his guests to sit in his small room.

With soft, timid steps, Munhee sat down beside him, it always amused him no matter how many times he had witnessed that this girl had the ability to be a wild animal at one moment, and she'd become a shy little puppy at the very other moment. "I..I might have stolen the ladder from your neighbor's building? I wanted to reminisce our old memories..." She told him in her sweet, sweet voice, giving him a melodious giggle. "But I regretted pretty much immediately, climbing through the railing while wearing a long skirt is a big no. I almost tripped over thrice!" She let out another embarrassed giggle while she dried her hair with the towel he had provided her earlier. Baekhyun would've mesmerized at the heavenly view in front of him, if not he was reminded of their old memories that she had mentioned just now.

Baekhyun and Munhee lived in the same neighborhood, their houses aligning with each other. Being the same age they've practically grown up with each other. Their families knew about their friendship, and adored them like their own family members. 

Munhee liked to watch the twinkling stars in the peaceful nights, but having a strict mother, she wasn't allowed to go out, not even at their own roof, at nighttime. One day, she mentioned her disappointment to Baekhyun while they were walking back from their school after bidding their other friends.

And to her pleasant surprise, the mid schooler Baekhyun somehow managed to climb up at mid schooler Munhee's bedroom through the window, which was at the second floor. And for the first time, managed to sneak her out and took her to his house's roof so that they could be the stargazers of thousands of beautiful nights. 

Ever since then, it had been a ritual for Baekhyun to sneak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter