Epilogue (The constants)

I'll Still Love You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If we’re born again, if we love again

Let’s not do this again

Let’s meet a little less, let’s hope a little less

Let’s not make many promises

So even if we say goodbye

We can turn away without much pain

Let’s only make light memories that we can throw away

In each other’s hearts

Now I know that a love too deep

Brings a sad ending

My love, I’ll pray for your next love

That it won’t be like us, that it’ll be without pain

Please be happier than me...

 

      _________

 

(PS: Do read the A/N, since it is the very last A/N  for this fic and kind of important! )

 

                                             __________

 

 

Around six months later....

 

Baekhyun proudly sighed, looking at the two bowls of baby food he'd managed to prepare before his daughters woke up. For the records, most of the day he failed to do so, since either Sarang or Miseo would wake up in the midst and start crying while looking for him. Though he couldn't continue to brag for it more than a minute, since he heard Miseo's crying noises even from the kitchen. 

By the time he had reached to their bedroom after washing his hands hastily, both of his daughters were awake and well... crying. Baekhyun didn't understand, why kids had to mostly cry as the first thing in the morning- when nobody had even done anything to make them cry. He didn't like this natural traits of kids because he couldn't bear watching his precious babies cry, every drop of their tears painned him. 

"Hushh babies! Daddy's here!" He cooed and kneeled down on the bed, bringing both of them into his arms. Initially, it used to be really tough and nerve-wrecking for him to carry both of the girls at once. But by the passage of time, he had become expert in this field, expert super-daddy for his princesses. He cradled them into his chest and and planted few peck on their soft cheeks, his heart filled to the brim like everytime he would have them in his arms. A soft grin took over his face as the kids stopped crying after a while. 

"Good morning, my little sunshines."  He spoke with them in his own baby-tone. "Come let's say good morning to Mummy, and then Daddy will change your dirtieee nappies!" Saying so, he took them to the large photo frame adorning the opposite wall of his bedroom. "Good morning, love." He smiled and greeted Munhee's brightly smiling face like usual. And then he made the little ones look at their mother's photo. As if Sarang and Miseo were already aware that this woman in the picture was someone close to them, they curiously stared at the picture, they always did so. Sarang reached her tiny fingers forward to touch the photo. "Say good morning, Mummy!" He cooed affectionately.  

"Ma-ma!" Miseo made some baby noises, though it sounded like she was trying to repeat after Baekhyun. 

"Oh my god! Did you just... Did you just say Mummy or Mama or whatever! It definitely sounded like it!" Baekhyun exclaimed with surprise and proud, every little improvement in them had always made him sincerely happy. After that, Baekhyun changed the kids' diapers into fresh ones and brought their foods to feed them. Feeding them used to be to tough for him initially, and he always needed one extra pair of hands to help him. But now, he was learning everything regarding raising babies one by one. If he looked back at six months prior, that old Baekhyun might've never thought that one day, he would be able to raise them as his own kids, that he would be the one calling himself the father of Sehun and Munhee's babies. Well, after everything, it now felt really weird to even think that Sehun was the father of these innocent souls.

 

 

It was the next day after Munhee was gone, everything had become a chaotic mess, as if after her- the world had forgotten what love and peace was.

At that storming evening of the prior day, Sehun and his family had arrived there one or two hours later of Munhee losing her life. The male looked shattered at the loss of his wife, but when he was offered to take his kids into his arms, he had immediately denied. He had blamed his own innocent daughters for the death of his wife. And he hadn't even hesitated once before saying that he never wanted them in the first place. Same was his family, they were also in no way interested in taking the burden of raising two grand-daughters. Baekhyun was too drowned in his own miseries to confront Sehun or protest for the rights of the babies, and he also thought of giving Sehun a little time, since Munhee's death wasn't any minor loss to him as well.

Later, he had thanked Intern Lee, who had instructed him the necessary instructions about taking care of newborns, and took them back to his house. And when he had gone to Munhee's mother's house, another layer of bolts landed on him. Apparently, Munhee's elder sister let him know that Munhee's mother was on the way to go to the clinic last night, but the elder lady had gotten into a terrible road accident, and had lost her life as well. 

 And after a heart wrenching burial of the most precious girl of his life, he gathered himself together to talk with Sehun. He had been rendered with nothing but disappointment, since Sehun was firm on his decision to not accept his daughters, and his family was honestly out of question. Only then Baekhyun had understood, why Munhee trusted her babies only with him. So Baekhyun took the big but easy decision, that he would be adopting her babies, that he would be their family. He had thought Sehun might protest or something, but the male didn't hesitate once before signing the adoption papers. 

However, the people who had issue with his decision, was his own parents. They wasn't ready in any way to allow him taking responsibility of two kids. According to them, it would disable him from having a normal and happy life, that no parents would marry their daughter off to a man who already had two kids. He had also come to know then, that his mother already knew about his feelings towards Munhee from years ago, and that's why the older lady was strictly against the idea.  

"You have already wasted half of your life after that girl. Now I won't let you waste the rest of your life after her daughters!" His mother had said. And that was more than enough to trigger him. So he did what felt right, he left his parent's house with his daughters, took only a backpack and some saved cash from his business. 

 

 

Baekhyun was almost done with feeding his babies, when he heard knocks on his door. He already knew who it might be. "Coming!" He called and rushed towards the door, not wanting to keep his girls waiting for long. Also because they had learned to move around a little while they would be sitting, so he didn't want to risk any of them falling off the bed or something terrifying like this. 

"Hello, Mr. Byun!" Intern Lee- Or if he might say now, Doctor Lee smiled and waved at him while entering the house. 

"Hello, Doctor Lee. I have already provided you the extra keys, so you don't have to knock everytime!" Baekhyun greeted and they went inside with quick steps, both of them being concerned about the same risk. 

The female shortly smiled,  "I do want to enter your house with full rights."  She murmured, looking almost distracted. But then, she again smiled widely seeing the little beans. Without waiting for any permission, she took one of the bowl and started feeding Miseo after giving them some pecks.

 Baekhyun also joined beside her to continue feeding Sarang. "You already have all rights on this place, since it's your father's property!"  Baekhyun chuckled, not getting what the girl had actually implied.  

 

The day he had left his house with the kids, he had to first go back to the clinic, since Intern Lee had told him the kids needed some checkups. She had asked him why he was roaming around with the backpack, sensing something might've gone wrong since she had also witnessed what Sehun had told the previous night. Baekhyun briefly told her about the situation, and she was kind enough to offer him a temporary roof over his head, which was the outhouse of her father's mansion. Though that temporary place had later become a permanent roof over Baekhyun and his daughters head.

She had also helped him with the babies, babysitting them in her free times and providing Baekhyun all kinds of information he needed to know for raising two toddlers. With her helpful advice, he had transferred his business closer to his new house, that had made his life as a single daddy easier than before. She had always been like that one supportive friend by his side since then. 

 

Doctor Lee accompanied Baekhyun and the babies in their visit to the hospital she now worked at, for the kids' monthly checkup.  "Mr. Byun, if you don't mind, can we talk for a while?" She asked the male albeit nervously, after the kids' schedule with their doctor was done. 

"Okay? Don't you have any patients today?" He nodded and casually asked while they walked out of the hospital building. 

"I have. But I have taken a few minutes of break from my senior, because I.. umm wanted to talk to you about something important." She fidgeted with the baby bag of the kids she was carrying. 

"What happened? You look... tensed?" Baekhyun slightly frowned in concern. This girl had been helping him at every step of his new life. So he also wanted to become a useful friend for her. 

The nervous girl gestured him to sit on one of the wooden benches situated in the small garden of the hospital. She also took one of the babies to sit on her laps so that Baekhyun would be able to sit comfortably. 

"It's nothing to be worried of. But it's important at the same time." She chuckled, still not looking any less nervous than before.

"Alright. I'm all ears." Baekhyun gave her a reassuring smile and waited patiently for her to speak up.

With a visible deep inhale of lungful air, the girl timidly started, "Mr. Byun, actually... uhh I don't know how t-things like this work, so I will be straight forward with it. I kind of like you, I h-have been liking you for a few months already."

Baekhyun was speechless for a few moments, then he finally spoke up to the awaiting girl,  "Doctor Lee, you know the most important information about my life. So you might be aware that I don't reciprocate your feelings. I'm sorry." He slightly bowed his head in apology.

"Y-Yes, I know! But I think if we get together, life will be easier for both of us, actually for the four of us! You know, I love your daughters, and I am willing to be their mother. You might not have reciprocating feelings towards me, but we both trust and respect each other. So, I think we can be good parents for Sarang and Miseo. They need a mother, we both know it. So let me be... your wife and as well as their mother?" She finished, her face was colored in dark shade of pink at her own bravery.  "Umm I have sort of... proposed you for marriage?" She added when Baekhyun seemed like he was lost in deep thoughts.

Baekhyun thought of her proposal deeply. She was in a way right, maybe at some point of life, he wouldn't be enough for his babies. They would need a mother. But another fact was that, it would be unfair to this female because she had feelings for him. And he loved Munhee with his everything. "I'm sorry, Doctor Lee. I don't want to give you any false hopes." He apologized yet again.  

The girl only smiled gently. "This is really awkward, isn't it?" She chuckled with slight hint of embarrassment after a few moments.

Baekhyun also broke into a small laughter, "Thank god you've noticed!" He joked to lighten up the tensed air. "I forgot to tell you something interesting! Miseo spoke her first word today. I am guessing it was 'Mama' what she said."  He added, this time smiling proudly.

Doctor Lee gasped, "Omo! Really? Little ones are getting smarter, I see! Let's try again!" She quipped, forgetting her embarrassment momentarily.  

Baekhyun volunteered and tried to engage the kids into a conversation with him, "Babies, look at Daddy! Say Mummy! Or Mama?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter