Chapter 8

Having My EX as a Roommate (Seulrene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8. Those heart to heart talks. Without fear of being judged because you’re seriously okay with being honest to each other.

 

We were having one of our rare movie nights and Seulgi just had to pick the saddest of them all. Though I couldn’t really blame her, we both had no idea what the movie was about.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I just had to let this one out.

It didn’t take long before Seulgi noticed me sniffling beside her. “P-pass the tissue please.”

She gave me some and noticed I was already full-on crying.

“Aww bunny~ You’re such a cry-baby~ Come here.” She opened her arms as a sign for me and I went inside her arms. I instantly felt her rubbing my back.

“C’mon. It’s just a movie. Stop crying.”

I felt her kissing the side of my head.

“I can’t help it. It’s just so sad.”, I spoke as I blew my nose.

 

“You know I hate seeing girls cry… especially you.”

I swallowed the lump on my throat and focused my gaze on her.

“R-really?”

I actually know Seulgi can’t stand seeing me cry. She’s been like this since we were kids.

 

“Yeah you know… You look so ugly when you cry.”

“Ouch!”, I elbowed her because I was still in her arms after all.

“I hate you.”

“I was only joking… You know it’s utterly impossible to make you ugly.”

“Yah.”, I gave her another elbow and a pinch to her leg, but not with force this time.

“Hey, that’s a double hit.”, she laughed, feigning pain.

 

After a few seconds of silence, I felt her giving me another kiss, directly at my forehead this time.

“You decent now Hyun?”, she asked whispering at the side of my face.

I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding and melted into her arms. I comfortably placed my face on the crook of her neck.

 

“T-thanks Seulgi-ah.” I wanted so bad to look at her but I know that I’ll be looking at her face straight on.

 

I let out a breath before, “Seul-”

Oh no. I shouldn’t have faced her.

“Sorry, I didn’t- I didn’t mean to Hyun.”

I didn’t know she was about to kiss me again when I turned to look up. She ended up kissing half my lips and my cheek.

“Sorry-I..”, she began to explain again but I was too distracted to comprehend.

God her lips were distracting me now.

 

“Uhm, Seul…”

“What?”, she let out a breathy reply looking into my eyes.

“I… Uhm… I’m t-thirsty.”

“What?”, this time she was clearly staring at my lips too.

“Go get me water.”

“Huh?”

“I- I need water bear. G-go. N-now.”  I was now looking away and I can see from the side that she was biting her lips and she had a smile on her face.

Damn it. When did I become such a stuttering mess.

Oh god, I can feel the heat on my face so bad.

 

“I comfort you and this is what I get. You’re such a bully. Maybe I should’ve just kissed you on your lips.”, she said with a smile and the last part in a whisper but I still heard it.

 

“What did you say??”

 

“N-nothing!”

 

 

“N-no ice, okay!”, I said when she was already in the kitchen.

“I know!”, I smiled at her reply.

 

She settled in the couch with me, her head on my shoulder.

“So what movie are we gonna watch next?”

“I’M picking.”, I took the remote control from the coffee table to browse the TV.

She rolled her eyes at me. “That’s why I asked duh.”

“Ha ha.”

I got into picking on the movies we downloaded. “Hey, how about this one? It’s a rom-com. No sappy movies this time.”

“Uh, Hyun, I think we should pass on this one. How about this?”, She spoke while taking the remote from me.

“Why? Have you watched this movie before?”

“No, but uh, I heard about it and it’s not that good.”

“Not good? But it has like 4-star rating.”

“Yeah, I know and I’ve heard but I just don’t… I don’t wanna watch it with you.”

“YAH.”

“Hyun, it’s gonna be so damn weird if we watch it together. Can’t you already tell from the title?”

“I know, duh. I’m not stupid.” I mean I get it.  “I know the title means exactly what it means ‘Friends with Benefits’. I was just curious you know. And for once I wanna watch something adult. That and well, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis are just hot individuals. “

“What are you twelve? You deprived from or what?”

“ERT. You know that’s not what I meant!”

”Fine, it’s on you if things get weird.”

“Yah, it’ll just get weird if you think it’s WEIRD you -BEAR.”

“Augh, FINE. PLAY IT.”

 

“I’m gonna get (a) beer. You want?”

The movie was going great. It had good humor. As I was watching I didn’t notice the bear beside me wasn’t even paying attention. I just noticed her she suddenly stood up just in time for the scene.

“Yeah okay. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter