Chapter 6

Having My EX as a Roommate (Seulrene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

6. Errands and chores are never boring.

 

“Can we have 3 kilos of brisket?”

“Are you sure that’s enough? You do you know the ‘bros’ are coming too right?”

“Yeah. But the ‘hoes’ are still bringing over some food if you forgot.”

“Dessert from Sooyoung and Yerim, some dishes from Jennie and Rosie, pizza and drinks and I guess some more junk food from your ‘bros’. Oh, and salad and fruits from Solar and Wendy.”

Seulgi rolled her eyes after hearing the last one.

“Well, what are we making anyway?”

“Just some grilled beef and lettuce wraps.”

“That’s it? We’re hosting the get-together.”

“Exactly, we’re already providing the venue, so it’s up to them to bring the majority of the food.”

 

While walking through the grocery aisles, “Hyun, have you noticed even though we like different things, it's fine with us to settle with what the other one wants?”

“What do you mean bear?”, I had to ask while looking through some sauces, and as usual she’ll be pushing the cart while following behind me.

“Hmm, like the basics. For example, cereal. You know my favorite cereal but, if we're out of it I’m fine with yours. I think it also applies to you. Like for my brand of ketchup, though you barely use it but when eating fried eggs if we're out of your tomato ketchup you’re fine with the sweet blend that I like.”

 

“Ouch!”, I hit her on her arm. I’m violent. I know. But I can’t help it when I’m with her.

“Idiot. Aren’t you forgetting that I grew up with you guys? I’ve been staying with your family since I was 9, when our parents are out for work. Of course I would come to like what you like.”

“But then how come I also like what you like?”, Seulgi ponders.

I gave a smirk. “Because I always force you, and it comes with seniority. I’m the oldest and you were the youngest one.”

My parents and Seulgi’s parents were very close friends. Ever since we moved to Ansan for my Dad’s new job, they would leave me in Seulgi’s house as they went to work. Seulgi’s parents were also away for work, but we were taken care of by her grandmother along with her older brother.

 

“Oh is that why I agreed to date you?”, she teased.

“Excuse me! That was your choice. And a good one I might add.”

“Nah, if I remember correctly you did force me to be with you. And there’s not a difference now. You’re still very forceful!”

Before I even got to respond Seulgi already ran down the aisle away from me along with our push-cart.

Such a dork.

 

Seulgi ended up carrying everything and when a staff offered to help I rejected it for her.

“Wha- Hyun! These are heavy! Wait Sir-”, too bad, he’s gone.

 

“Now, that’s being forceful.” I whispered to her while walking towards the car.

 

-----------------------------

 

“Bear!!”

 

“Seulgi! I’m gonna do laundry! You have anything?”

 

I slapped my forehead as I remembered the rough night the bear had. That idiot. Yes, I already found out that she lied about soundproofing her room. She told me she kept forgetting but that doesn’t change the fact that she lied to me and that she probably heard my self-… preservation. 

Yeah… [Fake coughs] We’ll let’s just say she paid for it already. As punishment, she had to cook and clean for me for an entire month.  Maybe I should’ve made it 2 months.

 

I took the extra laundry bag and started collecting Seulgi’s clothes inside her room.

Guess what I saw? Very skimpy lingeries.
Oh my god! I tried to muffle my laugh but I remembered she sleeps like she’s hibernating. That’s why I call her bear. Well, aside from looking like one.

 

This was actually the first time in a while that I collected our laundry because I always made her do it.

I left a post-it note saying that I’ll be downstairs doing the laundry.


Our apartment building had a laundry mat on the ground floor for all of the tenants.

 

I think I dozed off when I suddenly felt something cold on my cheek and realized it was a bottle of iced tea.

“You didn’t wake me. Do you need any help?” She pouted. She knew it was her job to help me with the laundry because she rarely cleaned.

 

“Yeah, nice of you to join by the way.”

“Sorry, [Yawns] I was tired.”

 

“I know your secret.” I whispered.

“What?”

And like good timing, just when I was about to speak the washing machine beeped and it was time for the clothes to be transferred in the dryer. I got a handful of the lingerie.

“W-where’d you get that?”

“In your laundry hamper where else? These ain’t mine.”

After th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter