Chapter 7

Having My EX as a Roommate (Seulrene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7. You get to hang out with your friends all at once and more often. You’re immune to FOMO (fear of missing out). Double up on friends, parties, stories and experiences.

 

[Doorbell sound]

“Seulgi-ya! Check who’s at the door!!”

“Why do I have to get it?! I’m in my room!”

“Seulgi-ya!!!”

[Doorbell sound]

“You get it Hyun!!”

[Doorbell sound]

“YAH! You prepare the food then stupid lazy bear!”

 

 

“Argh! Coming!!”, I hate it when I’m on the verge of falling asleep and I have to force myself to wake up.

 

“YAH! Who is this?”, I spoke through the monitor.

“Baeby’s bear!!” “Yo Seulgi-ah!” “Deulgi!!!”

I laughed at my friends, or the ‘bros’ as we called ourselves.

“You guys are so stupid! We said to be here around 6pm. You’re an hour early.”

“Just let us in Seulgom!”, one of them spoke.

 

“What’s the password??”

“YAH!!” “Seulgi!!!”

I laughed at their complaints.

“C’mon! I won’t let you guys in until you say, or sing the password.”

 

I saw them pushing Jisoo towards the monitor. I saw her trying to push Lisa forward, but the taller girl was way stronger than her. They would usually do this to Wendy, but I guess she was hitching a ride with the ‘hoes’.

[Fake coughs]

“Ba-~~ ” She stopped and saw Moonbyul and Lisa already a few feet behind her discreetly trying to record.

“Well go on.”, I ordered.

“Ba, banana, ba ba, banana, nana. Ba, banana, ba ba, banana, nana. Go go airplane. Beongaecheoreom narara. Kauai pado sok nareul deonjeo beorige. “

I was tearing up so bad because I was laughing the whole time I was watching her through the monitor.

“Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah. Let's power up!  Kkamage da tabeoril kkeoyeyo.”

 

I felt a hard hit on top of my head before Irene shoved me to open the door.

“Why are you guys always like this?”

I heard her muttering.

 

“Oh my god. Thank you Unnie!!”, Jisoo went to hug Joohyun.

“You guys are always being mean to Jisoo and Wendy.”

“Tell be about it.”

I just rolled my eyes at this.

“Joohyun-unnie!!”, Moonbyul and Lisa also greeted her with a hug.

“You become prettier every time we see you!”, Moonbyul complimented after they both let her off the hug.

“Yeah! Seulgi must’ve saved an entire nation in her past life because she gets to see your beautiful self every day.”, Lisa added.

“You guys are such flirts!”, I can’t help but shove the both of them away from Joohyun.

“Hater!”  Moonbyul shoved the boxes of pizza to me.

“Bitter!” Lisa then placed the paper bags she was holding on top of the pizza boxes.

 

“YAH!”, I complained as they ran away from me.

I looked at the person beside me after hearing her cute laugh.

“A little help here would be nice.”

“It’s karma.”, Joohyun said while walking back to the kitchen and leaving me alone.

 

 

“I thought you guys said you’re going to bring the drinks?”, I asked as I arranged everything on the dining table.

“Oh !”, I heard Jisoo letting out as she stood up and went back outside. Turns out she placed the drinks down when she danced.

We were all laughing because of this.

 

“Help me out will ya!”, we heard Jisoo complaining from outside.


 

Irene joined us in the living room after a few minutes.

“You guys are such idiots.”, she laughed at us as she saw us trying to hold Moonbyul down and I was attempting to write something on her face.

We were playing rock-paper-scissors and the loser will get doodles on her face.

 

It was my turn to write when I got distracted as I saw Irene. She just finished showering and had her hair tied up while wearing her eye glasses. I always found her irresistibly cute when she looks like that. It brings me back to the time I realized I was having a crush on her.  She smells really good too.

 

 “W-where are the 'hoes'?”, I asked the others while Joohyun sat down beside me.

“It’ll probably take them an hour or two before they get here.”, Jisoo explained.

“What?!”, Joohyun and I said at the same time.

“Wendy offered to pick up them up.”, Moonbyul added.

I slapped my forehead. Forgetting I was holding the marker.

I heard them laughing as I checked my hands and face for any marks. Thank god there was none.

 

“Oh man. They should’ve just taken a ride with you guys or they should’ve let Jennie or Joy drive.”, I complained.

“Why? What’s wrong with Wendy driving?”, Irene asked.

“She drives like she’s always in a school zone.”, Lisa explained.

“Huh? Isn’t that good though?”, Joohyun added.

“My grandma drives faster than her.”, Jisoo spoke in a flat tone.

“Our grandparents combined even drives faster than her.”, Moonbyul finshed which made us all laugh.

 

“I’m starving! And it’s like 7PM already! Can’t we just eat without them?”, Lisa complained.

Although I feel the rest of my ‘bros’ are feeling the same since I keep hearing Jisoo’s tummy grumbling from beside me.

“No guys. We should wait for all of them. ”, Joohyun firmly said.

“And besides they have the rest of the food.”, I joined in.

“But we have beef here!”, Moonbyul started to complain too.

“And pizza!”, Jisoo added as well.

“How about we play some video games?”, I suggested. I stood up and set up our Wii.


 

We got into the game pretty well. Even Joohyun joined.

“Just a bit more… Yes!! Kyaaa! I win!”, Joohyun jumped up and down in her seat.

Too cute. And I can see I’m not the only one thinking that.

But she only noticed me looking at her so she just stuck her tongue out.

“We should’ve never let Joohyun-unnie played! This !”, Lisa complained.

“Stop being a sore loser Lalisa. Joohyun-unnie kicked your .”, Jisoo teased.

“Hey, what time is it?”, Moonbyul asked.

[Doorbell sound]

“Yes!! Finally!”, Lisa said for all of us.

 

“Oompf.” The moment I opened the door, I got tackled by a hug.

“Seulgi-unnie!!”

“I swear this is the last time I am going to hitch a ride with you guys!”, Jennie ranted.

“Ditto.”, Wendy sulked while crossing her arms.

Joy was scratching her head not knowing who to comfort.

“You guys would not believe what happened.”, Rosie started to tell us as the rest of them helped in carrying the food they brought.

Joy butted in to explain “Seungwannie picked us up at around 5, and we got-

“But-”, Wendy was about to but in.

 Joy held her hand to make her shut up, “As I was saying, we got into the highway at around 6. And yes, there was indeed heavy traffic. But that’s not why were late... We got pulled over by the cops twice.”

“It’s true Unnies! We got held off twice! Twice!”, Yeri complained in my arms. She left from my hold and transferred into Joohyun’s arms instead. What a big baby.

Gasps were heard from the rest, but I found it quite amusing.

“First, was because we were driving under the speed limit-”, Rosie joined in sharing the story.

“Wait, how fast were you guys driving?”, I had to ask.

“We were driving at 40km/hr! At the highway! You were supposed to run at 60 minimum.”, Jennie answered obviously not in a good mood. She hated being late even if it was just something casual like this hang out. Lisa was already amping up to calm her as she gave Jennie a back hug.

 

“Jennie-unnie said, we might have held the record for the most over-taken car at the highway.”, Yeri added which made us all laugh.

 

“In my defense, I just wanted to be safe! ”, Wendy scoffed and defended herself.

“You only drive like that around school zones, or if you have a baby or a pregnant lady with you. Which is none.”, Jisoo teased.

 

“Okay, okay, fine. My bad. Next time I promise to step it up.”, Wendy promised but we all ended up giving her skeptical looks.

“I swear!”, she added if it wasn’t enough making us laugh.

 

“You better not be late for our wedding.”, Joy spoke but everyone heard her voice.

“W-what?”, Wendy spoke through coughs.

“Nothing- I said you better not be late anymore!”, Joy said in a panic as she realized her slip-up.

 

Rosie saved her by clapping and continuing the story. “Anyway, so after Wendy-unnie got a ticket Jennie-unnie switched seats with her since Joy-unnie was too lazy to drive, but because we were already late well…”

“I drove a little over the speed limit okay? The cops were just exaggerating. I only drove up to 120km/hr.”, Jennie rolled her eyes.

“Wow.”, Lisa was awed.

“Can we try driving with you sometime??”, Jisoo and Moonbyul was excited but all of us were making hand signals behind Jennie not to.

We all know how she drives like all ‘fast and furious’ when she’s impatient. Joy should’ve just drove (them) here instead.

 

“So can we eat now??”, Moonbyul, Lisa, and Jisoo said at the same time. But then the doorbell had to ring again.

[Doorbell sounds]

Joohyun unlocked the door to reveal the last remaining guest, Solar.

 

“What is up with everyone??! Party already started without me?! What I miss??”, she talked with much excitement.

“Baby, you missed a lot.”, Moonbyul said while nodding her head.

We all proceeded to the dining area to finally have our dinner.

 

--------------------------------------

 

We were all seated around the living room with our drinks in hand.

I must admit, it’s been a while since we hung out altogether like this.

I looked around to see the faces of our friends. Joohyun and I met Wendy, Joy, and Yeri (Joohyun's cousin) way back in high school, while we met the rest in college. We had sort of formed a group called ‘bros and hoes’.

I saw Moonbyul and Solar sharing one of the single couches, the other one was shared by Lisa and Jennie. These guys have been together since we were college while the other couple, Joy and Wendy just got together after we all graduated. I hope when the time comes that these guys have to break up, I just hope their relationship would be as good as Joohyun and I. But I’m really hoping it doesn’t come to that. Funny thing though, if Joohyun and I hadn’t broken up, we’ll be the longest running couple in our clique since we got together during high school.

 

I looked around and saw Joy and Wendy seated together on one side of the couch beside Jisoo and Rosie, while the other side of the couch sat Joohyun and Yeri. I opted to sit on the floor in front of Joohyun’s legs than to squeeze myself with them.

 

“So how about we play a drinking game?”, Yeri suggested with an evil smirk.

“Ooh! Let’s play ‘NEVER HAVE I EVER’!”, Wendy suggested.

“What are we, (in) high school?”, Moonbyul teased.

“That’s actually a good classic drinking game. I was thinking of the spin-the-bottle or truth-or-dare but we can play those after!”, Yeri replied.

“How do you play this game?”, Solar asked.

“Well, all of us need to have a full cup of alcohol. The loser is the one who empties their cup first.”, Moonbyul explained.

“The loser has to do a dare!”, Lisa suggested which earned her high fives from the ‘bros’.

“How ‘bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter