Chapter 5

175680

It was a beautiful autumn with the whole world glistening in a bright shade of crimson.He had experienced many autumns but this seemed the best of all.Maybe the nature saved this to as his parting gift he thought.He wouldn't survive this autumn he knew.But he was happy..He was allowed to go home as the modern medicine had no more options for him.Yet he was at the home where even a few months before he shared his life with Yeol.

When Luna entered the room Baek was listening to music.He  must be listening to that song .The song Yeol sang with him that day.Without a word she sat down When he noticed her presence she paused the song for a while and looked at her face.Gosh who was the real patient there?She looked even more tired than him.Taking care of him had taken toll on her both physically and mentally.And she looked defeated.No wonder.When the doctors said they had out grown options even after knowing for months she had argued with them.She even pleaded.No wonder she looks this much defeated.

''Luna,It's not your fault.You can't change anything Luna.You have tried your best and that's enough.''

''Not like anything has changed Baek.I just''She no longer could continue without completly breaking in to crying.

''You have no idea how greatful I feel for you Luna.Just imagine without you how helpless I'd be.''

''Luna if someone needs to be sorry its me.For me you were my best friend,the sister I never had.You were a mother to me Luna.But that was all.It took me too long to understand that you love me.Not that it'd change any thing but if I could understand it anymore earlier I could have sent you away.That way I could protect you from getting hurt Luna.I'm so sorry.And I'm so sorry that I could never be that person you wanted me to be''

May be in a next life you could be Baek, she thought with a sigh.''No don't be.I'm happy that I could be with you .I'm happy  that I got to be the best friend or the sister of a person like you.Bytheway  the sybling Baek  would drive me crazy with all your noice and pranks''. she replied with a tear stained smile.

That night Luna couldn't sleep.No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't.So she went to check on Baek.As she expected he was fast asleep .He looked so calm and at peace .Autumn moon which was playing on features only made him look more beautiful.At the same time everything looked so perfect yet so wrong.She felt uneasy.''Baek.Baek. Byun Baekhyun.Noooooo''