Chapter 3

175680

It was a rainy day in the mid summer and as usual Baek was on his bed listening to music.Rainy days are not for the lonely.Because they tend to bring back memories .The memories of the happy days.The memories Baek didnt wanted to deal with right now.The emotions which were making a riot in side baek's mind, music couldn't control them.He wanted to walk,walk in the rain as he did in the days he wasn't this much lonely.He managed to escape Luna when she was in the bathroom.She'd get frantic if she finds that he's not home.But if he closed his bedroom door she'd most likely think that he didn't want to be disturbed.It was a beautiful thing the rain .So was the cold breeze.It reminded him he was alive  .The Being alone  gave him the sense of control.Yes he was weak, he was slow .Yet he wanted to enjoy his nice little walk.He didn't want to think about the blasted day he walked alone last time.The day he found out that he had a cancer.the day he found that he's dying.And that was the day he found chanyeol had someone else in his life.Rather he'd concentrate on the day they met,  a happy memory.People would say his memory became faulty with his growing cancer ,but there were still things Baek remebered as clearly as yesterday.That also was a rainy day just like today he thought. Maybe  days after his mothers funeral.People always thought him to be a cheerful kid but in reality before  he met yeol that was just an act.Being born poor he learnt much harsher lessons in life in his early age..Life taught him that there is nothing called as free lunch.So he was weary of everyone.He didn't trust anyone.People would say that even those days he had dozen friends.But in reality he had none.None he accepted in to his life anyway.So that day with his mother gone he was walking in a lonely road in the rain.He was sort of happy it was raining because no one could see his despair.He lived in a world where people would use others smallest weakness to hurt them.

Thats when he came.'' Baekhyun do you want to share the umbrella ''he asked.Baek was once again wearing his happy boy mask.''ofcourse yes.I forgot mine at home ''he said.And they walked in the rain .But the umbrella was barely enough for the bigger boy himself and before long both of them were soaking wet.''shall we find a shelter until the rain is over''.yeol asked and baek had no option but to agree.When they found a shelter it seemed chanyeol had something in his mind.''Baekhyun are you in a some kinda problem'' he asked .Until then they were not much of friends and Baekhyun wanted to just lie .But the question and the honest concern playing on chanyeol's face had completly undone baekhyun's inner defences.''.These are not the best days of my life''.And it wasn't like he had seen many better days in his life he thought bitterly.''Why?What happened? You are acting as the happiest guy in the world but i know you are not.Byun Baekhyun just tell me the truth.what's wrong''?'

'Just every thing '  baek wanted to say.But he ended up telling him about his mother,the only person he had in his life .He told chanyeol how she died.How lonely he felt now she's gone.People leave,people change.Maybe the next day chanyeol would betray him and everyone would know he  bitterly thought ..Would he survive another person hurting him? he questioned himself.But may be having someone in life would be better than having none he thought .lucky for him the day chanyeol betrayed him never came. Instead with chanyeol's aid and constant caring a boy who was always cheerful became even more cheerful and it was only them who knew  that cheerfulness was no longer a mask but a part of the new Baek.

Suddenly he was once again in his present.He was once again aware about the chitter chatter of the rain and the cold breeze around him.There was a beautiful bridge ahead of him and he wanted to go there and watch the  river flowing under it.It was when he started to walk towards that he felt the convulsing start and before long everything went black.