Chapter 4

175680

When he finally opened his eyes  he was dissapointed.He expected to see a pair of green eyes followed by a handsome face with a boyish grin.The face which occupied his dreams for the past days.But instead he saw a pair of tired brown eyes followed by a face lined with concern worry and a feeling he couldnt decipher.Luna,he muttered.

When  those brown eyes were shining with tears he felt a pang of guilt inside him.She must have been worried sick he thought.

But he had no idea how worried she was.The drugs baek was taking were no longer working doctors had said her.Their last option was a new drug which wasn't much clinically tested.And they wanted to inform baek about the situation as well.It was against their ethics to keep a patient in dark they said.But no matter how kindly they managed to tell him that he's dying and they have not much hope left  for him ,  this wasn't time for him to know that.This wasn't time when he had too many things in his mind .How she managed to promise them to keep the silence she didnt know.And when he looked at her with that much a vulnerable look how she managed not to cry infront of him she didnt know either.''Mr.Byun Baekhyun do you have any idea how terrified I was. The next time you wander in the street without informing me you are dead meat'' she managed with what she expected to be a cheerful yet stern voice.

''God I'm terrified.Please save me from this evil woman'' he muttered with a small smile.

 

Baekhyun didn't like his hospital stay.Not that everything smelled like sickness itself but beacause he wanted to go home ,the home he had shared memories with yeol.There nomatter how helpless and vulnerable he felt he still could trick himself to believe yeol was still there.No matter what happen I'm always there by your side baek.You are not alone.His inner giant would say.He missed yeol.He missed him now more than before.He wanted yeol by his side convincing him everything was going to be all right, that he was going to get better,as in old days.Once baek had a nasty accident and couldn't  walk for a while.Yeol skipped all his classes and  didn't leave Baek's side even for a minute.They would play jenga and all other childish games.Park serious chanyeol's aegyo was the cutest thing baek had ever seen and  for make him smile chanyeol would do anything  .When the day he was fit enough  to go to school he woke up to see his cast multi colored.Yeol had written all sorts of things there .Yeol is the most handsome  boy in the world  for example.It was baek who started the pillow fight.''Ya yeol who gave you the idea that you are more good looking than me''?. Before long the whole room was filled with floating  wool and their laughter.''Byun Baekhyun you are the best thing happened to my life'' Chanyeol had said him through their laughter that day.

Luna couldn't take it anymore.Every time some one knocked at their door Baek's eyes shone with bright hope .But that gleam lasted only until he found that their visitor is just a doctor or a nurse ,maybe room service.She could no more bare the lost look and the sad smile Baek had everytime he realised mere wishes and hopes wouln't bring Yeol to him.No matter how hard she tried  she couldnt fill the void yeol had made.She couldn't make him feel fine.Though it'd hurt her to death she'd do whatever it takes to make baek feel better. ''Baek do you want me to call Yeol?''

''Luna noo.''He screamed.''No luna please don't even think about it.Promise me that you wouldn't call him without my permission''.

No matter how hard he missed him he didn't want yeol to see him like this.Every time when he found someone knock he felt hopeful yes.But at the same time his heart rate accelerated not just because of excitment but of fear, a fear that yeol would find him this much weak, a fear that Yeol would never be able to forgive himself for leaving him.When he looked at her she avoided his eyes and was now paying her complete attention to the ceiling blinking back tears.

''Luna, Im sorry.Im so sorry.I didn't want to hurt you.Its just I don't want him to see me like this.He must be happy now with kyungsoo in his life.He deserves it Luna.I don't want to ruin his life because of me.''