Chapter 1

175680

For what seemed hours he didn't look up and when he finally looked  up she almost wished he hadn't.his eyes seemed to belong to a completely different person.a person whos dead inside

''Are you ok Baek ?''

''Yeah.As ok as someone like me could ever be'',he sounded resigned.''No actually its ok.I'm okay.I never expected him to stay anyway''.Was he convincing her or himself  she didn't know.''Luna I'm sorry.Can you leave me alone for a  moment''.He waited her to go and  went back to his trance.It was for the lunch she saw him again and it seemed that he wasn't even aware of her presence there.She was getting afraid that she'd lose him.No that he' d lose himself.when he went to his room he didn't come out for hours .No matter how worried she was she didnt want to intrude.Yes she was in love with him.She loved him completly and unconditionally that for months she had stopped caring about her own future.Yet he didn't notice her.For him it was always the giant.A giant who couldn't distinguish a cold from brain cancer.A giant who left him to die ,alone.She wanted to cry, to shout at him ,to ask him to forget that bloody stupid giant and start his life anew.Atleast whats left of it.Yet she left him be.No it would only  make him more worried she reasoned.So exept for making sure he had an adequate amount of food and  his medicine she kept her distance .  For days he didn't speak much with her.He didn't try to avoid her but there was such a coldness in his eyes which built the distance of the whole korean peninsula.In the 5th day at night she woke up startled.Baek was screeming in his sleep.He was soaked in his sweat and his face was a mask of pain.She rushed to him and tried to wake him .As soon as her hand contacted him he caught it as a life line.''Its you right.The real you .Oh giant.I thought you left me''.She stiffled her sob.Without trusting herself  to say a word and not wanting to wake him from now his happy dream she just kept smoothing his hair until he was back peacefully asleep.