chapter 2: cause

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yubin sighed, peaking at Yoohyeon who was staring off into space with her eyes boring itself on the car's steering wheel. She shuffled closely, taking her friend's hand and patting it gently with the other.

 

 

"What's wrong?" Yubin asked, fret bubbling in her gut, but knowing Yoohyeon, she wouldn't let the abrupt tension stretch any longer. However, she was still worried. She isn't a mind reader to exactly know what her friend's thinking nor does she really have the psychic capacity to predict what sort of turmoil was brewing in Yoohyeon's cauldron of thoughts; she can only pry slowly, inquiring that accompanies consolation (despite having a hard time doing so because it isn't her strongest suit), and take note of other details that could start up any sudden outbursts.

 

 

Yoohyeon only shook her head, a solemn smile gracing her lips as she returned the gesture.

 

 

Yubin raised a brow, fingers leaving temporarily as she pushed buttons for the air-conditioning to increase for them to linger more inside the car.

 

 

"Are you sure?" She presses one more time, tightening the hold.

 

 

She notices the momentary hesitance flash in Yoohyeon's features, the smile she kept holding slowly died and was replaced by a troubling frown.

 

 

"Yoohyeon?" Yubin calls out, pulling back a stray fringe gently from the driver, tucking it behind the ear. Her eyes fixated on Yoohyeon, searching for any hints or changes that might indicate an answer.

 

 

She tries reassuring again, "You can tell me anything , y'know? It's what friends are for"

 

 

The other flinches slightly when Yubin spoke more than a sentence, together with an estranged word where Yoohyeon's insides would twist in discomfort every time it was brought up.

 

 

"Oh, it's nothing, really" Yoohyeon responded, dragging the last syllable longer than intended and taps Yubin's backhand with a chuckle, "I was just thinking of how Minji would react again now that I have dragged her more than once with my overprotectiveness because I don't really trust her with Handong"

 

 

Yubin cracked up shortly, "It's been two years Hyeon. You can see how your sister's happy whenever Handong's around. Isn't that enough to be convinced Handong is a good person despite how she looks?" She offered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter