chapter 3: haven

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And then, I mentioned to Siyeon that she was taking her first one night stand too damn seriously. It was ing hilarious once you see how defeated she looked with her smudged make up and disheveled hair, it was damn obvious she woke up alone with a ty hangover, and thinking she'd finally have a girlfriend for once. I was like, 'Siyeon, those things don't work that way' and she replied with, 'Yeah, I already got the message, genius'. I'm telling you; water came out of my nose the second she said that," Handong said in between intake. The soju she and Minji brought was consumed instantly by a chug with burning traces left in .

 

"Oh, poor Siyeon. You shouldn't have done her dirty Dong" Minji tries preventing herself from laughing out loud, feeling bad for their friend who had her first time.

 

"I already told you, me and Bora tried explaining to her that she had been reading too much fiction in her vacancy" Pinching a piece of meat and popping it into , Handong munched on it with much delight. It was one of these rare times where she would be the one treating Minji with food in their apartment. Thank god her job pays well, “Now look at what it led her”

 

Minji shook her head in dismay, deciding to not entertain the topic further. She really did feel bad for Siyeon and her grueling search for a girlfriend. It was hard when her exterior consists of heavy make-up and daunting presence, she got neither control of, steering her to unfortunate events. Minji briefly remembers the moment Handong introduced her to Siyeon and indeed her initial reaction was to stay cautious, feeling that a wrong statement can lead to bad bloods. Once she was left with Siyeon as Handong went to the bathroom, she slowly realized (Minji managed to force out a subject thankfully) how similar they were by their taste in music and habits they just can’t get rid of – like how Siyeon wants to relinquish smoking because she was once dating someone younger than her and wanted change but went back to it the following day after the girl calls it quits, and how Minji was heavily reliant with sedatives and almost smuggles out some for herself because the pharmacy wouldn’t let her without prescription. She was now banning herself from using injections and is now attempting not to intake tablets more than demanded and would only swallow one when necessary. It was nice to know that she was not the only one facing an addiction obstacle they wanted to overcome soon.

 

She leaned onto her palm, spectating Handong's crinkling face which she finds beautiful and all the more attractive. Content suddenly washed over her, grateful she met Handong who is there to support and take care of her. Of course, the purple-haired girl was not used to leaning on someone for support, knowing of the subsequent reimbursements and the independence she cultivated at a young age, so it was still uncomfortable for her to ask assistance even in tedious occurrences. She can't help and let her sight take in every detail she automatically registers in her treasured mind, noting how lucky she was to have tied with Handong in spite of their first encounter and boisterous impressions they immediately labeled on one another, not knowing days after, they would cross paths again. Minji likes to believe it is fate, where the moment their shoulders collide and their hands spur with electricity coursing through their veins as if it were a blinking neon billboard was signaling them that they've approached destiny like a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter