a flower & flower

spring may come
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

There's the elephant in the room, Jinwoo realizes. In the idiom sense, of course.

 

Kang Seungyoon is the epitome of professionalism. Always keeps a measured tone when he inquiries their requests. Pays attention to every detail Jinwoo shares with him. Controlled body gestures too as he takes notes of everything.

 

On the other hand, Minho is fidgeting in his seat. Doesn't know what to do with his hands. Sips his iced Americano every other second. As if nervousness seizes him up. Like a small interruption could make him jump out of his skin.

 

"Any suggestions for the venue?" Jinwoo asks, professional as always.

 

Kang Seungyoon flips the iPad to Jinwoo. "My team went through the list. We have five places that match the given date. However, I would like to point out that Kintex would be a good choice. Better exposure. Better facilities. Close to the main city."

 

"But the cost..." Jinwoo grimaces.

 

"I understand," Kang Seungyoon reassures, "That's why I've listed down all the additional expenses that could be cut down so you can afford this place. As you can see—"

 

From the corner of his eyes, Jinwoo spots Minho trying to make eye-contact with the little girl sitting in the corner, tucked behind Kang Seungyoon. From what Jinwoo learns, she's Kang Seungyoon's daughter. She's in her own world, drawing a bouquet of blue roses. Jinwoo raises a brow.

 

Wow, beautiful. What a talented girl.

 

"Pardon the interruption." A voice comes from behind Jinwoo and Minho.

 

Out of pure reflex, Jinwoo glances back. And sees a tall man walking up towards them. Notices the piercing on the nose. Cotton-candy hair. A white t-shirt, with a rock girl printed on the front. Long legs wrapped in skinny jeans and boots. He struts with the flair of a dancer. 

 

And that collar. 

 

Unlike the normal ones—like Kang Seungyoon's collar—which they often cover most of the throat, his collar is... small. Perhaps the width of a finger. Serves more as an accessory than a necessity.

 

And the scent he carries; smoky, burnt wood. Ah. It stirs the Alpha inside Jinwoo from his sleep. His sleepy Alpha is intrigued by him.

 

A fiery Omega.

 

"I'm here just to—Hana baby girl, come." The Omega stretches out his arm over the long table for her to take. When she obliges, he bows to them. "Sorry. Please continue. Seungyoon, we'll be waiting downstairs."

 

Kang Seungyoon springs to his feet, hands on the table. "Seunghoon-hyung—this—thank you."

 

The Omega salutes. Then, he, with a hand on the girl's back, strides away. And Jinwoo tries not to pay heed to the crestfallen look on Minho's face while his Alpha drifts back into slumber.


 

...


 

The excruciating meeting is over. It takes Minho everything to fight the furious Alpha inside him. That no, he shouldn't make a scene here. That no, that's his Omega right there, and he should be claiming what belongs to him.

 

That, , Seungyoon is as beautiful as he remembers him. Just as pinkish. Just as pale. Oversized cardigans. Long legs in jeans. Just like how Minho remembers him. But distant. Cold. No warmth in his eyes, as if the Seungyoon he knows hidden somewhere behind t

Please log in to read the full chapter